Pinoy Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bakashijinsan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 20, 2006
Messages
1,660
Reaction score
9
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Re: The Pinoy Hang Out Thread!

dropping by after being away for a long while.

musta na po mga peepz?

adek pa din sa manga? dapat lang di ba :luffy
 

mangadictus

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 9, 2006
Messages
3,217
Reaction score
225
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: The Pinoy Hang Out Thread!

bakashijinsan said:
dropping by after being away for a long while.

musta na po mga peepz?

adek pa din sa manga? dapat lang di ba :luffy
Ey dude! Yeah! We still are!! Im hooked up to One Piece right now, really funny stuff! Highly Recommended!!! :XD
 

bakashijinsan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 20, 2006
Messages
1,660
Reaction score
9
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Re: The Pinoy Hang Out Thread!

yeah! One Piece made me fall in love with Manga

One piece is my number one manga

Shin Seiki Evangelion for Anime

@dragonzair
btw, how'd you exam go?
 

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
7,348
Reaction score
11
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: The Pinoy Hang Out Thread!

Eh....

I reeked the math test. >_> But english was brilliant. XD I finished 'em before everyone did. Everyone else finished the math modules before I did, though. :( I just hope I pass. I really...really, really did the math modules badly.
 

mangadictus

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 9, 2006
Messages
3,217
Reaction score
225
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: The Pinoy Hang Out Thread!

Dragonzair said:
Eh....

I reeked the math test. >_> But english was brilliant. XD I finished 'em before everyone did. Everyone else finished the math modules before I did, though. :( I just hope I pass. I really...really, really did the math modules badly.
Ey, don't doubt yourself. You'll get thru it. :) SKY PIEA IS GREAT!!! Hehehehe
 

aniway

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Nov 4, 2006
Messages
12
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Re: The Pinoy Hang Out Thread!

Hello po!~

Just finished reading lahat ng mga post here hehe...
Lahat kau mukhang mababait and prang one big barkada (sana pwede akong sumali hehe ~.^)
hmm... matagal na akong nagbabasa ng mga trans and threads sa forum but this is my first time to post. (*sigh* sana wlecome ako)

hello again and thx po!
 

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
7,348
Reaction score
11
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: The Pinoy Hang Out Thread!

Musashi Gen, can I please have the full pic of the Musashi pic on your sig? :wtf Or the site you got it from *drool Would appreciate it alot. XD
 

bakashijinsan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 20, 2006
Messages
1,660
Reaction score
9
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Re: The Pinoy Hang Out Thread!

don't feel too bad about it. everybody flunks math exams! ^_^

me, I flunked my licensure exam.
anyway, that was along with my plans (flunking) but it sure made me feel miserable with myself.
 

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
7,348
Reaction score
11
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: The Pinoy Hang Out Thread!

I jsut hope I didn't do it badly enough to fail the exam. I mean, I keep hoping it's impossible to fail an entrance exam in Benilde, but I do know for a fact, that my results...would make my math teacher cry and pull her eyes out. XD

And Kuya MD: I am so glad to see you enjoying OP. Especially the Skypiea arc. That's my most favourite. :D Hope you catch up with us soon, then read E21 as well. :nuts
 

jamail

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Oct 11, 2006
Messages
66
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Afghanistan
Re: The Pinoy Hang Out Thread!

bakashijinsan said:
don't feel too bad about it. everybody flunks math exams! ^_^

me, I flunked my licensure exam.
anyway, that was along with my plans (flunking) but it sure made me feel miserable with myself.
on a similar note:

i never bothered taking the CPA Board... i thought i would be bored living the life of an accountant... right now... I am an official bum... and I'm having fun just doing the absurd thing that i can think of... (last part is a joke)... *drool*
 

sharingan_kakashi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 19, 2006
Messages
693
Reaction score
35
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Re: The Pinoy Hang Out Thread!

All One Piece arcs are great, except that pirate game arc after Sky Piea. Btw, alam nyo ba na yung One Piece movie #7 ay nangyari pagkatapos ng Sky Piea. Dun nila unang inintroduce yung Second Gear!
 

gothicpsyche

Banned
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Oct 23, 2006
Messages
26
Reaction score
5
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: The Pinoy Hang Out Thread!

Elow! Just dropping by. Welcome to loveless154, aljoriz, aniway! Hehe...masaya dito!!!

sharingan_kakashi said:
hehe, kaya naman pla walang nagrereklamo kasi hindi apektado yung mga regular na estudyante eh :p mga bagong students lang ang apektado. Anong kalaseng mga radicalista yang mga yan XD
_______________________________________________________

So... Iska nalang tawag ko sayo hehe medyo mahaba ang name mo eh unless mas maganda real mo and u prefer to be called w/it :D
_______________________________________________________
sabi ng dad ko eh may Veteran's Day raw sa pinas pero its not the same date dito sa tate (surprise!!)
_______________________________________________________
>> Iska? :blink :eyeroll :amuse Hmm... pwede din. My nickname in 'real' life is Maru. You can also call me that. ;)

>> Siguro may nagpoprotesta, pero hindi ko lang nakakasalamuha. Ang regular ko lang pinupuntahan ay college namin, dahil majors na lang ang kinukuha ko. *sigh* We're turning into a repressive higher learning institution. Just learned a few days ago that there's even an ID system now -- students are required to wear IDs on tags when entering buildings. Apparently, matagal nang balak ng admin ang ID system thingie -- meron kasing nanenok ng laptop, etc. recently, at parang grinab lang nila ang opportunity to enforce the ID system.

yoniekai said:
btw, ano yung favorite manga niyo? ako, one piece at naruto. (pathetic attempt at getting attention. haha.)

;)
Hehe... Yonekai, hindi naman po pathetic. Haven't read much manga, but I find myself more inclined towards 'mature' (josei/seinen) manga. I loved Blade of the Immortal (Hiroaki Samura) , Monster (Naoki Urasawa), and MPD Psycho (Sho-u Tajima & Eiji Otsuka) -- the last one is really violent, but the lineart is so clean that it wasn't grisly. I wasn't able to eat while reading that manga.

Yuiji said:
lol started watching Samurai Champloo, astig pala XD
Hai! Astig ang Samurai Champloo. Andaming anachronisms, ano? Sobrang loose ng plot, but nevertheless, enjoyable. Peyborit ko si Mugen. ^_^ By the way, merong manga ang Samurai Champloo -- it was made while the series was in production.

@ MangaDictus: You practice kenjitsu? Wow. Interesado akong magkendo, pero walang panahon ngayon. I'm choosing between that and aikido.

bakashijinsan said:
don't feel too bad about it. everybody flunks math exams! ^_^

me, I flunked my licensure exam.
anyway, that was along with my plans (flunking) but it sure made me feel miserable with myself.
What is your profession? May board exam din kami (Social Work). *sigh* Heh...ayoko munang isipin yun, kailangan munang grumaduate.
 

bakashijinsan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 20, 2006
Messages
1,660
Reaction score
9
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Re: The Pinoy Hang Out Thread!

jamail said:
on a similar note:

i never bothered taking the CPA Board... i thought i would be bored living the life of an accountant... right now... I am an official bum... and I'm having fun just doing the absurd thing that i can think of... (last part is a joke)... *drool*
that's the idea i got! i mean, i don't wan't to be in a profession i don't want. and i'm feeling that if ever i passed that exam, i'd be living my life as an engineer forever till i rot.

charmedbuttercup said:
[size=10pt]
What is your profession? May board exam din kami (Social Work). *sigh* Heh...ayoko munang isipin yun, kailangan munang grumaduate.


ECE! it really sucks how they go around and choose who passes or not. whether the whole engineering populace sets foot on that 70% mark or not, they're gonna get 30%-35% highest of the examinees and give them a license.
 

gothicpsyche

Banned
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Oct 23, 2006
Messages
26
Reaction score
5
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: The Pinoy Hang Out Thread!

Same here. While I'll probably take up the board exam, I'm still unsure if I'll pursue social work as a profession. There are various fields, but am hesitant at the idea of me doing it my entire life -- anyhow, the profession itself calls for effort and commitment that most social workers suffer from burnout. At tingin ko, hindi ko pa kayang ibigay yun (effort and commitment) sa ngayon.

Haggard nga ata ang ECE! Isa sa mga roommates ko ay ECE major at tadtad sila ng problem sets at exams. :notrust I have no idea about the licensure passing rates.

On another note, meron ba kayong marerecommend na manga? ;)
 

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
7,348
Reaction score
11
Gender
Female
Country
Canada
Re: The Pinoy Hang Out Thread!

Since you like seinen, go try reading Vagabond. You will love it. :nuts Or King of Thorns. Not as seinen as others, but still violent and fun, nonetheless.

Or, if you guys are totally interested in J-horror, try Uzumaki. It was also turned into a movie, which a fellow mod adores. Although, I haven't gone past reading chapter 2, of Volume 1. >_>; I just got mortified, and stopped reading all together. Messes with my head...

Too graphic. :p Even moreso than any other seinen I've read. XD Reason being, because this is a horror manga, and not just action. XD You can get all of 'em of lurk.
 

bakashijinsan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 20, 2006
Messages
1,660
Reaction score
9
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Re: The Pinoy Hang Out Thread!

charmedbuttercup said:
Same here. While I'll probably take up the board exam, I'm still unsure if I'll pursue social work as a profession. There are various fields, but am hesitant at the idea of me doing it my entire life -- anyhow, the profession itself calls for effort and commitment that most social workers suffer from burnout. At tingin ko, hindi ko pa kayang ibigay yun (effort and commitment) sa ngayon.

Haggard nga ata ang ECE! Isa sa mga roommates ko ay ECE major at tadtad sila ng problem sets at exams. :notrust I have no idea about the licensure passing rates.

yeah! ganun ka hectic ang ECE pero kung matalino ka naman at wizard ka sa math, kahit di ka mag-aral papasa ka.

On another note, meron ba kayong marerecommend na manga? ;)
one piece, death note, detective conan, FMA, bleach, naruto and the likes. pero most recommended ko ang one piece :D
 

gian

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 31, 2006
Messages
159
Reaction score
4
Gender
Male
Re: The Pinoy Hang Out Thread!

ASTIG NG BAGONG ONE PIECE! GODLY! That's all I'm gonna say for now.
 

bakashijinsan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 20, 2006
Messages
1,660
Reaction score
9
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Re: The Pinoy Hang Out Thread!

gian said:
ASTIG NG BAGONG ONE PIECE! GODLY! That's all I'm gonna say for now.

ang lupit nga e. and to think na accidental lang ang pagkakadiscover ko sa manga na ito!

tapos yung anime nya dati iniisnab ko kase adek ako sa SMJ nun. wah! buti na lang...
 

yoniekai

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,799
Reaction score
405
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Re: The Pinoy Hang Out Thread!

yes, you just can't get enuf of one frocking piece! haha jus dropping by.

btw, has any of you watched the Akira film? my god, the movie was like, the most mesmerizing anime in history...its been my favorite anime movie for what, since as long as i can remember (not that long). its no wonder kubo and masashi look up with the utmost idolization to the mangaka/director katsuhiro otomo. i passed the DVD on the way home.
 

mangadictus

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 9, 2006
Messages
3,217
Reaction score
225
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: The Pinoy Hang Out Thread!

wwhhuuuuZZZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!! :headbang

I'll be at work by 7:30AM but cant wait to get online, baka kase me mga spoilers na, AT MERON NGA!! BUT WAIT! THERE'S MORE!!! :chuckles

@ charmedbuttercup
Yep! Pero stopped na 2 months ago, kase la nang time. Hirap kase mag budget ng time kng trabaho mo eh "Thank you for calling...", you know what I mean :winks

:glomp DZ :glomp !! Lalong sumaya dito pag bumalik mo. Anyway, don't think too much 'bout yer exams, you're done with it :XD

[/rant]
Anyway, just wanna share this with you. I was just at Natio and as I was strolling around, I got a glimpse of Shonen Jump August Volume on sale for just P80. Imagine! Lumingon lng ako, as in split second lng tlaga, pag tingin ko balik dun sa rack wala na!! Grrrr!!! I know a rational person wont be pissed off by that, at least not get all angry over it, pero this is Cebu, we don't get the luxury of mangas around here :(
[rant]

***Just played: Binoculars - Deep.mp3[br]Posted on: November 15, 2006, 11:31:45 AM_________________________________________________
yoniekai said:
yes, you just can't get enuf of one frocking piece! haha jus dropping by.

btw, has any of you watched the Akira film? my god, the movie was like, the most mesmerizing anime in history...its been my favorite anime movie for what, since as long as i can remember (not that long). its no wonder kubo and masashi look up with the utmost idolization to the mangaka/director katsuhiro otomo. i passed the DVD on the way home.
Ahhh... yes! That ever magnificent anime film by Katsuhiro Otomo. And also worth mentioning is Appleseed by Masamune Shirow (Ghost In The Shell, anyone?). Just love those 2. :smile-big

And ALSO, I've been scouring the net for the full 5 EPs of Macross Zero. Anyone watched this?? Pretty great stuff! :D That's what you get when you fuse CGI with Cel Animation, kinda like Blue Sub 6. I highly recommend this one. But it's just a prequel to a much greater treat, the Dimension Fortress Macross. :XD[br]Posted on: November 15, 2006, 12:09:17 PM_________________________________________________Need to sleep. Need to wake up 4 hours later. Need to go online for my manga fix after that. Need to work after that and that. Monotony. :sigh
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top