Anime Please Stop Your Worrying!

mrsticky005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
1,585
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Some of y'all are getting too paranoid about the 2011 anime catching up to the manga
because of Togashi's hiatus. I'm quite confident that this will NOT happen. It's not going
to be the 1999 series again where they have to cancel it halfway through. The 2011
series is currently at chapter 42. The manga is at chapter 340. That's a 298 chapter buffer.
With approx 2 episodes for each episode that's 149 episodes or 149 weeks before
Hunter x Hunter anime catches up to chapter 340. That's 2 years and 8 months
before the anime gets to chapter 340 and this is assuming the anime doesn't skip weeks
or have fillers. More likely it will be about 3 years before we get to chapter 340.

Even if Togashi takes a year long break he will still have a 2 year buffer.
Even if Togashi takes a two year long break he will still have a 1 year buffer.

So stop your worrying.

This is a public service annoucement from Mrsticky005
 

Pokymonn

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2012
Messages
60
Reaction score
55
Gender
Male
Country
Antarctica
I'm still worrying about the censorship and it won't stop until they move the show to a later timeslot
 

mrsticky005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
1,585
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I'm still worrying about the censorship and it won't stop until they move the show to a later timeslot
Well that's a different topic.

However realize the anime has been getting more violent.

Basically episode 14 and up has done pretty well for censorship.
Is it on par with the manga violence wise? No. But it's not the kiddie fare that
many make it out to be. And remember that the manga is REALLY violent.

Seriously for those who thought the 1999 Hunter x Hunter anime was violent.
The manga makes it (and the 2011 so far) look TAME. The manga is brutal.
 

Pokymonn

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2012
Messages
60
Reaction score
55
Gender
Male
Country
Antarctica
Actually Gon was more beat up by Canary in the 1999 version than in the new one. However, apart from that, I agree with you
 

TheAmericandream

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2012
Messages
521
Reaction score
152
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Yes, Gon's pummeled face did have me worried, but in general when I think of violence in the 1999 version I think it doesn't get violent till late Zoldyck arc, whereas in the manga its pretty brutal from the start. The new anime has done just as good in some areas a lot better in terms of censorship (Hisoka vs former examineer episode 10)

I do however still hope for a later timeslot especially when it gets to Yorkshin and the Chimera Ants. Mostly because I just don't know what is acceptable today and what isn't. So far dialogue wise nothings been cut in attempt to "lighten the tone" as far as anyones noticed has it? I think honestly that's what I'd be more worried about, a large part of the dark atmosphere of Hunter X Hunter is in what is said more so then what is seen. Like when Feitan talks about torture, or we hear about the television interviewer who got her top half bitten off by Leol. You don't see these horrible acts but you are forced to think about them when they're mentioned. I'd more much more upset if stuff like that got censored to lighten the tone.
 

futurefrog

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2012
Messages
1,023
Reaction score
999
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
As far as censorship, Gon's beat up face is actually got a lot of dirt on it. Many mistake the dirt for blood. In both he states hes getting dirt on his face. When you see his face in 99 you see some dark brown stuff on his face and some small patches of pinkish/red blood (very little actually). The 99 series just heaps on the dirt, even calls it dirt, but many people mistake it for blood even though it is not blood like. 2011 series instead makes the dirt a lighter brown. This is something people should be considering when thinking about the censorship as there wasnt really anything majorly censored.

As for episode count, we got a long long way to go. Also gotta take into account that sometimes 1 chapter will be adapted into 1 episode instead of 2 (like what happened last ep of Zoldyck arc).
 

futurefrog

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2012
Messages
1,023
Reaction score
999
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
I hope this will refresh your memory
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcZm_G8tdm0
Thanks for posting mate, as you guys can see, Gon has primarily dirt on his face. Not blood. Also the lines are darker because of the hand drawn art style. Don't be confused both versions feature the same thing, just with different effect for the dirt. Thanks again Pokeymonn!
 

Pokymonn

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2012
Messages
60
Reaction score
55
Gender
Male
Country
Antarctica
You're welcome but anyway from my point of view the '99 one is more graphic, due to Gon spitting blood and having it pour from his mouth. Moreover the blood on his face, obviously where he's got it, is more reddish. However, I'm astonished that they've censored this stuff, because in the next episode which is a filler, the amount of violence is way more significant, with blood everywhere and even a kid getting stabbed. It's hard for me to understand their approach. Maybe it depends to a certain extent on the person who's responsible for the key animations of the episode, but that's just my speculation.
 

futurefrog

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2012
Messages
1,023
Reaction score
999
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
You're welcome but anyway from my point of view the '99 one is more graphic, due to Gon spitting blood and having it pour from his mouth. Moreover the blood on his face, obviously where he's got it, is more reddish. However, I'm astonished that they've censored this stuff, because in the next episode which is a filler, the amount of violence is way more significant, with blood everywhere and even a kid getting stabbed. It's hard for me to understand their approach. Maybe it depends to a certain extent on the person who's responsible for the key animations of the episode, but that's just my speculation.
I thought he spat dirt out :S
 

Netero

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2011
Messages
737
Reaction score
583
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I'm actually surprised that the 1999 series couldn't get away with more violence considering their time slot was around 6:30pm.
 

futurefrog

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2012
Messages
1,023
Reaction score
999
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
I'm actually surprised that the 1999 series couldn't get away with more violence considering their time slot was around 6:30pm.
That's actually a rather interesting point. 2011 has so far featured more and more uncensored violence post-heart rip. Where as 99 became generally all over the place after heart rip.
 

mrsticky005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
1,585
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Actually Gon was more beat up by Canary in the 1999 version than in the new one. However, apart from that, I agree with you

True it was. But I never said that scene was more violent in the 2011 version.

Believe it or not there have been more violent scenes in 2011 than 1999
just as 1999 has some more violent scenes than the 2011.

But my main point still stands that both 1999 and 2011 are tame compared to the manga.
 

Pokymonn

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2012
Messages
60
Reaction score
55
Gender
Male
Country
Antarctica
Lets patiently wait for Hisoka vs. Kastro. I've checked the manga recently and there are 2 chapters worth of material for their fight :jk . However, I wonder if they could get away without censoring it a lot.
 

mrsticky005

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
2,106
Reaction score
1,585
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Lets patiently wait for Hisoka vs. Kastro. I've checked the manga recently and there are 2 chapters worth of material for their fight :jk . However, I wonder if they could get away without censoring it a lot.
I don't think they will censor the fight much at all.

I actually think showing Gon slice his eye open was a riskier move than all of Hisoka vs Kastro.
Because at least with Hisoka vs Kastro both are adults. However with Gon he's a kid and
that might encourage other kids to act like he does and do what he does. Though I don't
prescribe to this sorta blame the TV because of crap parenting attitude but that's life.

I mean maybe to some degree it will be censored but I'm not worried.

We'll just have to wait and see.
 

fanatik

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 25, 2007
Messages
157
Reaction score
97
Gender
Hidden
Country
United Nations
I personally have no worries about the anime catching up to the manga. We have looong ways to go before that happens. But I can't help worring about censoring and about the Yorkshin arc. I pray censoring won't kill important moments and the Yorkshin arc will look no less incredible (prefereably more incredible) than it was in the 1999 version, because that we won't get another remake, so this one has to be perfect or almost perfect.
 

Noonealive

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2012
Messages
282
Reaction score
180
Gender
Male
Country
United States
To be frank i don't think the 2011 anime has that much censorship compared to 1999. I think it'll be handled well enough.
 

Zvane

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 11, 2012
Messages
97
Reaction score
21
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
I don't think they will censor the fight much at all.

I actually think showing Gon slice his eye open was a riskier move than all of Hisoka vs Kastro.
Because at least with Hisoka vs Kastro both are adults. However with Gon he's a kid and
that might encourage other kids to act like he does and do what he does. Though I don't
prescribe to this sorta blame the TV because of crap parenting attitude but that's life.

We'll just have to wait and see.
If kids are stupid enough to try something like that, they kinda deserve whatever happens....

C'mon, we all know that HxH is not an anime for little kids..maybe older kids, teenagers and adults, but not little kids
 

Noonealive

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2012
Messages
282
Reaction score
180
Gender
Male
Country
United States
If little kids were watching this shit they would be bored as hell. There hasn't been any major fights so far. :derp
 

there76

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2012
Messages
176
Reaction score
32
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I can't help but worry they are going to rush through this arc. I don't know, it seems like it would be logical to say that it it will go 9 episode, but part of me feel like it will be much shorter. So nervous. :P
 
Top