Request Pop-up notifier for PMs in non-forum areas

c_k

Global Moderator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2007
Messages
904
Reaction score
1,058
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I noticed that if you are in the forums and you get a PM, then a pop-up appears saying you have a PM and asks if you would like to read it. However, I notice that if you are not in the forums, then there is no such thing and the only way you know you have a message is to either 1) look on the top right corner of the window if you have your leaderboard in compact mode, 2) check on the 'my aff' drop-down menu or 3) go in the forums and see a pop-up appear.

I would like to suggest having some type of pop-up notifier for when you are in the non-forum areas of the site so that you''d be notified in a more noticeable manner. This way- if a person is subscribed to something and they get a PM, they are more likely to notice that something has been released or that someone has PMed them. If people are annoyed w/the pop-up, then I would also suggest having the ability to turn off that pop-up.
 

unok-kun

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 29, 2008
Messages
769
Reaction score
434
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
In the user cp you can turn off that pop-up. I think it's in user options, but I'm not sure atm. That's a feature of vBulletin, so non-forum areas don't have it. But anyway adding it to those areas isn't really difficult.
 
Top