- Joined
- Mar 28, 2014
- Messages
- 87
- Reaction score
- 25
- Gender
- Female
- Country
-
I have the idea that the weapons are named for people who lived in the Void Century.
When Neptune spoke to Robin about the weapons he said the weapons "bear the names of the "Gods""
We’re all aware that in the real world Poseidon, Pluton and Uranus are Ancient Greek Gods. However, I don’t think the real Greece exists in the One Piece World.
We know that the current Poseidon’s real name is Shirahoshi and she “inherited” the name after another Poseidon who possessed the same abilities before her.
At this point you could argue that Poseidon is the Ancient Weapon so that disproves my theory that they’re named after people. And you wouldn’t be wrong. However, Pluton (as we know) is a ship not a person. Someone had to have written the blueprints Franky owned and built the ship at some point. It couldn’t have just appeared out of thin air. And when they did, I believe they named it after a very important person. Perhaps the person who designed it in the first place. As for Uranus (the weapon), well it’s still a complete mystery except for its name. Who it could be named for is also a mystery.
I believe that Joy Boy went to these people and asked for their help in the war with the 20 kingdoms and the ancient weapons were made available to him in response. But I think circumstances stopped Joyboy before he could complete whatever plan he had for the weapons. Which is why he made the ponyglyphs not just with the history on them but directions to the ancient weapons as well.
When Neptune spoke to Robin about the weapons he said the weapons "bear the names of the "Gods""
We’re all aware that in the real world Poseidon, Pluton and Uranus are Ancient Greek Gods. However, I don’t think the real Greece exists in the One Piece World.
We know that the current Poseidon’s real name is Shirahoshi and she “inherited” the name after another Poseidon who possessed the same abilities before her.
At this point you could argue that Poseidon is the Ancient Weapon so that disproves my theory that they’re named after people. And you wouldn’t be wrong. However, Pluton (as we know) is a ship not a person. Someone had to have written the blueprints Franky owned and built the ship at some point. It couldn’t have just appeared out of thin air. And when they did, I believe they named it after a very important person. Perhaps the person who designed it in the first place. As for Uranus (the weapon), well it’s still a complete mystery except for its name. Who it could be named for is also a mystery.
I believe that Joy Boy went to these people and asked for their help in the war with the 20 kingdoms and the ancient weapons were made available to him in response. But I think circumstances stopped Joyboy before he could complete whatever plan he had for the weapons. Which is why he made the ponyglyphs not just with the history on them but directions to the ancient weapons as well.

.