Support Post on user profiles or risk having account deleted

Ephesos

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 27, 2009
Messages
153
Reaction score
52
Gender
Male
Country
Romania
I had a notification pop out that another login took place about 20 minutes ago from another device, and that I should post on other user's profiles to verify that my account is not a bot. I have a few questions:

Can a mod give me the login history on my account? I'd like to see if this was from my work or mobile device, or a real security issue.
How does posting on user profiles verify that I'm not a bot? Why would I be labeled as a bot, since I have an old user account, and non junk posts(though I'll admit I'm not posting often)
Is your intent to remove users that are mostly in a lurking mode instead of being active contributors?
 
  • Like
Reactions: syx

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 7, 2009
Messages
3,913
Reaction score
13,733
Gender
Female
Country
Winterfell
I had a notification pop out that another login took place about 20 minutes ago from another device, and that I should post on other user's profiles to verify that my account is not a bot. I have a few questions:

Can a mod give me the login history on my account? I'd like to see if this was from my work or mobile device, or a real security issue.
How does posting on user profiles verify that I'm not a bot? Why would I be labeled as a bot, since I have an old user account, and non junk posts(though I'll admit I'm not posting often)
Is your intent to remove users that are mostly in a lurking mode instead of being active contributors?
It was me, sorry. I wanted to try out some hacking tricks and randomly used your account. But the staff of this forum found out about it and after a long discussion, they set my account on probation. I will write a full-fledged apology letter to you and to the community of this forum. I hope you can forgive me. It was meant to be a joke, I didn't actually plan to do anything bad with your account.

By the way, you should change your password. I can still log in into your account.
 
Last edited:

Pat

Lost and Found
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 6, 2011
Messages
6,776
Reaction score
7,040
Gender
Male
Country
Gotei 13
I had a notification pop out that another login took place about 20 minutes ago from another device, and that I should post on other user's profiles to verify that my account is not a bot. I have a few questions:

Can a mod give me the login history on my account? I'd like to see if this was from my work or mobile device, or a real security issue.
How does posting on user profiles verify that I'm not a bot? Why would I be labeled as a bot, since I have an old user account, and non junk posts(though I'll admit I'm not posting often)
Is your intent to remove users that are mostly in a lurking mode instead of being active contributors?
Check this news post.

It was me, sorry. I wanted to try out some hacking tricks and randomly used your account. But the staff of this forum found out about it and after a long discussion, they set my account on probation. I will write a full-fledged apology letter to you and to the community of this forum. I hope you can forgive me. It was meant to be a joke, I didn't actually plan to do anything bad with your account.

By the way, you should change your password. I can still log in into your account.
:lmao
 
  • Like
Reactions: syx
Top