Pre timeskip fight: Eustass captain Kidd VS Monkey D. Luffy

Who wins?


  • Total voters
    4

TheLuffySmile

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2013
Messages
886
Reaction score
336
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden

Kidd pirates captain
Eustass Captain Kidd

VS

Straw hat pirates captain
Monkey D. Luffy



Battleground: Shabondy archipelago
 
Last edited:

Impossibility

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 5, 2012
Messages
4,545
Reaction score
1,195
Gender
Male
Country
Bahamas
We've seen almost nothing of Kidd. At the end of the day, any argument for Eustass would be based on pretty much....nothing. The manga suggested they were on comparable levels, but that means little in a direct confrontation between the two.
 

TheLuffySmile

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2013
Messages
886
Reaction score
336
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
We've seen almost nothing of Kidd. At the end of the day, any argument for Eustass would be based on pretty much....nothing. The manga suggested they were on comparable levels, but that means little in a direct confrontation between the two.
I agree, our opinions of this fight are mostly speculative, but I'm still curious about what people think. For instance, Luffy's Gomu Gomu no Mi VS Kidd's "Magnet Magnet no Mi?" Luffy's speed vs Kidd's armor of metal & steel, their giant fists VS each other, that kind of thing. How would Luffy's stamina hold up to Kidd's repel attacks? Speculations can be fun as well.
 
Last edited:

Impossibility

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 5, 2012
Messages
4,545
Reaction score
1,195
Gender
Male
Country
Bahamas
I agree, our opinions of this fight are mostly speculative, but I'm still curious about what people think. For instance, Luffy's Gomu Gomu no Mi VS Kidd's "Magnet Magnet no Mi?" Luffy's speed vs Kidd's armor of metal & steel, their giant fists VS each other, that kind of thing. How would Luffy's stamina hold up to Kidd's repel attacks? Speculations can be fun as well.
Kidd's ability depends heavily on the availability of metal. If he has tons of metal around, his offence and defence are likely to be superior to Luffy's. Luffy's speed and endurance are probably a lot better than Kidd's, but it would be hard to say by how much. Kidd could be a pretty problematic opponent for Luffy under certain circumstances. I guess that I'd say on the archipelago in areas with large amounts of metal, like the amusement park, Kidd would have a pretty big advantage, but in more open areas Luffy would probably be superior.
 

TheLuffySmile

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2013
Messages
886
Reaction score
336
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Kidd's ability depends heavily on the availability of metal. If he has tons of metal around, his offence and defence are likely to be superior to Luffy's. Luffy's speed and endurance are probably a lot better than Kidd's, but it would be hard to say by how much. Kidd could be a pretty problematic opponent for Luffy under certain circumstances. I guess that I'd say on the archipelago in areas with large amounts of metal, like the amusement park, Kidd would have a pretty big advantage, but in more open areas Luffy would probably be superior.
I concur, this sounds like the most reasonable deduction. I hope we get to see if Kidd is a brawling kind of fighter, or heavily dependant on his DF's ranged capabilities. I would say a bit of both, I imagine that he is quite fast as well.
 

KingOfNight

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 23, 2012
Messages
2,314
Reaction score
694
Gender
Male
Country
Fire Nation
While we haven't seen a lot of Kidd's ability, I would actually give Luffy the edge. His ability looks much more flexible and definitely much faster than Kidd's ability.
 

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 2, 2011
Messages
3,366
Reaction score
462
Gender
Male
Country
Marine Headquarters
It depends on where they fight.
If the fight in a city, it could mean Luffy's death fairly comfortably due the fact humans use a whole lot of metal for all kinds of things.

Also, against those soldiers, Luffy's strongest punch (The Gear3rd punch) was portrayed to be more or less equal to when Kidd just gathers loads of metal into the shape of a fist and performs a move in a similar manner. I don't think their firepower was strong than one another back then.
So its wrong to say "we've seen nothing"

To be fair, we did see scenes of him taking on Pacifista(s) with Law iirc.
 

Jorge D. Dragon

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 13, 2010
Messages
4,484
Reaction score
987
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
Seriously, both Kidd's and Law's crews combined (including two of them as Captains) were shown to take down only 1 Pacifista pre-timeskip. While Mugivaras took one.

We never saw much from Kidd, but for the most part he wasn't portrayed as Luffy's equal. He was said to have such a big bounty only because he targeted civilians as well as Marines, so that's why he had such a big bounty.

I clearly see Luffy winning pre-timeskip. Mostly due to his speed, stamina and endurance.
 

7pac

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 2, 2013
Messages
150
Reaction score
28
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
We don't know Eustass Ability, If it's magnet magnet, it's one thing, But if it's electromagnets, it's even stronger then Fujitoras Fruit.
 

SoloGG

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Nov 8, 2013
Messages
50
Reaction score
8
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I would bet everything on Rufy.
 
Top