Precleaning Feedback

chiresakura

Manga Editor
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 4, 2007
Messages
210
Reaction score
1,386
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I've been messing around with precleaning lately, and I wanted to ask for some feedback since this is new territory for me. These were done using batch actions, which is also new to me. Usually I only worry about one or two pages a chapter ^^;


Anyway, here are a few examples from a couple different series...








I feel like the first series (Toki Wa) came out a lot better, but I'm not really sure why :s
 

Wingzy

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
May 21, 2007
Messages
28
Reaction score
57
Gender
Female
Country
Myanmar
Toki Wa Preclean: A great preclean.. Only things i could notice was that the grays was just a itty bitty tad darker than the RAW's gray, and the gray pattern has deen deformed a little bit in the preclean, the pattern seems to be somwhat more tight in the RAW.

Toki Wa Preclean 2: The grays doesn't look darker than the preclean from what I can see, so that's improvement compared to the first preclean. Only thing i can notice here is the gray pattern deformation, which maybe is just a tad worse than on the first preclean. But because of some weird reason, the pattern on the last panel to the left is perfectly fine, but the others aren't.

Jamais Vu Preclean: I can really see the quality in this preclean, if you take a look in panel3, look at the speed lines in that bubble thing, the speed lines looks sharp, but not rigid and definately not blurry, so this is a really good preclean and still the rest of the picture has the blacks toned down, so the burning should be easier.

Chiresakura:Even though the blacks look yucky?
The thing i'm concerned about on that page isn't the blacks, it's the grays... but to me it seems like the RAW had the same shit-quality grays.

Jamais Vu Preclean 2: THIS IS A GREAT PRECLEAN! - nothing you can do about the terrible RAW grays, unless you're pretty good with a denoise prog. The blacks are toned down, but balanced so the blacks don't become rigid. You've kept a lot of gray quality, even in the 'black area'. You can really notice that it's a good preclean on how the wall on the building looks in the last panel.
 
Last edited:
Top