Support Problems with download feature...

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoleOfAQS

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Sep 29, 2009
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Age
39
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Well, though this site had worked fine for me in the past when downloading releases, within the last month or so I've notice some serious problems developing in terms of downloading that I'm pretty certain isn't a connection problem on my end. After all, other stuff downloads just fine...

The problem being, that things are taking so long to download they time out. And according to my browser, it's gonna take 15 hours to download Fudanshism Ch.09...

15 Hours for a single chapter? It takes less than five minutes on the myriad of online hosting sites out there, so what's the deal here? It'd be faster to view the pages online and save them one by one to my hard drive... I mean, I thought it was getting bad, but... yeah, according to the browser, over the course of writing this post, it's now up to 19 hours... What's going on? I doubt there's that much traffic on this site to bring downloads to a dead stop like that... And I can't seem to find an announcement about it, either.

Of course, if I'm wrong about this, then I'd like to be pointed in the right direction, but I'm not having this problem with any other site. Only this one, and only for the download feature. It's really weird.
 

c_k

Global Moderator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2007
Messages
904
Reaction score
1,058
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I'm guessing it might be an increase in traffic, although I'm not sure... Occasionally that also happens to me as well, so you might want to try to redownload the chapter at another time. I just tried downloading the chapter that you're trying to get, and although it took longer than at other sites (~ 7min @ ~15-25 kb/s), the download still worked. I think you should just try to download stuff at a different time, and hope that there's not a lot of download traffic.
 

RoleOfAQS

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Sep 29, 2009
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Age
39
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I dunno, it seems a little extreme... It took over a day for that to download... and it's a rather small file. Should have taken five minutes, tops... IF that...

And it only happens with this site... it's really weird. That can't be just traffic alone, otherwise it'd have shut down the server... Dunno, maybe something weird with my settings and that's causing the extreme slowdown, but I highly doubt that's the case...
 

wild_fangs

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jun 17, 2006
Messages
11
Reaction score
2
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
i just wanna to confirm that download section from mangahelpers data base is not work for me. seems i only get 1 kb/s or less. and sometimes that stop in the middle..
please2 can you guys fix it?
thanks
 

Osso

Tech
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Tech
Joined
Nov 4, 2007
Messages
392
Reaction score
156
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
It's not fixable we don't have the ressources to add more download servers.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top