Shounen Psyren by Iwashiro Toshiaki

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,179
Reaction score
30,225
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: Psyren Mega Convo Thread

What I like about Psyren, is the art and story. I also like the main character. He is not as wishy washy as some others are in this category. He was willing to go for the kill if it was needed. He has a dangerous factor or aura about him that I like.

As for listening to music goes, I usually don't while I read Manga.
Thats such a good point about Ageha. Usually I would say that that type of lead character is generic, yet (despite looking like Ichigo :p) Ageha is still interesting to me.
 

Blackthornhiei

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 23, 2009
Messages
119
Reaction score
32
Gender
Female
Country
El Salvador
Re: Psyren Mega Convo Thread

I listen to whatever's playing on my winamp at the moment. If it doesn't fint, my mind just blocks it out. But I do notice when it fits.

As to why I like Psyren... I never really thought about it. I just like it (and I'm trying to get more people to read it)
 

tasuki00

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 8, 2006
Messages
134
Reaction score
15
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Psyren Mega Convo Thread

Hey, kinda using this thread to know more about your psyren's love. What makes psyren appealing to you in contrast to other WSJ series?
What first struck me is it's a mix of a few different series. But it does all of them well. It's got the mystery and brutality of Gantz. The super powers and interesting fights of Naruto. Time stories aren't new and post apocalyptic storylines aren't either but it does them all pretty good. The pacing is also really good and I feel satisfied after every chapter. If I had one complaint it'd be the character designs and some of the characterization. I don't really know all the characters that well and I hate the future villians outfits.
 

Shao Tenjuin

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 30, 2009
Messages
41
Reaction score
0
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Psyren Mega Convo Thread

You don't like the Star Commander outfits?! Your crazy! Their epicly epic and shmexily shmexy!

I'm just glad Ageha doesn't totally powerhax.
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Re: Psyren Mega Convo Thread

Well the star commander's outfit look weird but it's kinda normal given the fact they are part of the future.

What did you guys think about the elmore children's psyren/future version character design? Who was the better one?

ps: don't forget you guys are always free to discuss in other topics or create others to make this section even more active :)
 

malloween

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 31, 2008
Messages
111
Reaction score
3
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Re: Psyren Mega Convo Thread

what if ageha is nemesis q??
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,179
Reaction score
30,225
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: Psyren Mega Convo Thread

what if ageha is nemesis q??
People had that theory, I think it was fxu, very early on in the series. But now it has been explained that Nemesis Q is a program and not a person. Now maybe whoever came up with the program was a future Ageha...who knows?

I personally think Shao looks the best among the Children. I think Zack's look is a little too reminiscent of Asaga's.
 

fxu

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 24, 2007
Messages
847
Reaction score
1,103
Gender
Male
Country
Uruguay
Re: Psyren Mega Convo Thread

Yeah... when it was just starting I said Q was Ageha... but now? No.

As xi0 said, it was explained Q is a psi-program sent back to the past to prevent Psyren, but he needs help to do so (collaborators [drifters])
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Re: Psyren Mega Convo Thread

People had that theory, I think it was fxu, very early on in the series. But now it has been explained that Nemesis Q is a program and not a person. Now maybe whoever came up with the program was a future Ageha...who knows?

I personally think Shao looks the best among the Children. I think Zack's look is a little too reminiscent of Asaga's.
Zack?

Yeah... when it was just starting I said Q was Ageha... but now? No.

As xi0 said, it was explained Q is a psi-program sent back to the past to prevent Psyren, but he needs help to do so (collaborators [drifters])
Yes, both are right. Nemesis Q is a program created by someone in the future. Now I do wonder if it is the future where our drifters go to? And didn't anyone say it was a girl who created Q?
 

Algid

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 29, 2009
Messages
40
Reaction score
3
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: Psyren Mega Convo Thread

Yes, both are right. Nemesis Q is a program created by someone in the future. Now I do wonder if it is the future where our drifters go to? And didn't anyone say it was a girl who created Q?
The voice for the "immigration interview" thing was a woman, but I don't think the voice for the radio had a confirmed gender. Anyways, Elmore said that she thought it was a program made by multiple people, so who knows.
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Re: Psyren Mega Convo Thread

Anyways, Elmore said that she thought it was a program made by multiple people, so who knows.
I must have forgotten that. Where did you get that? help me :(
 

Algid

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 29, 2009
Messages
40
Reaction score
3
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: Psyren Mega Convo Thread

I must have forgotten that. Where did you get that? help me :(
http://www.onemanga.com/Psyren/46/13/
Bottom of the page, doesn't necessarily mean that she's right, but w/e.


Anyways, why did people assume that Van was the one that formed the barrier last chapter? After all, it's something we know Kyle can do.
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Re: Psyren Mega Convo Thread

http://www.onemanga.com/Psyren/46/13/
Bottom of the page, doesn't necessarily mean that she's right, but w/e.


Anyways, why did people assume that Van was the one that formed the barrier last chapter? After all, it's something we know Kyle can do.
Nice, I completely forgot this important scene...

Well so elmore can feel nemesis Q and I think her words are to be taken serious since she's quite wise.

Btw, would you add your info in the nemesis Q thread, I think it would be a great contribution to it
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,179
Reaction score
30,225
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: Psyren Mega Convo Thread

Zack? Why was I thinking of Zack when I wrote that post? I know his name is Kyle...

:headscratch
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Re: Psyren Mega Convo Thread

Zack? Why was I thinking of Zack when I wrote that post? I know his name is Kyle...

:headscratch
Well I don't know but maybe you were thinking about someone you knew or someone from tv when you were typing this...

I thought you were comparing grana with asaga but zack = kyle. Odd... ;)
 

LuffyCloud

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 11, 2008
Messages
62
Reaction score
2
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Psyren Mega Convo Thread

Maybe because Kyle looks a little bit like Zack from Final Fantasy 7? He has also a scar on his face and the hair looks not really different ^^?
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,179
Reaction score
30,225
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: Psyren Mega Convo Thread

Maybe because Kyle looks a little bit like Zack from Final Fantasy 7? He has also a scar on his face and the hair looks not really different ^^?
Ooooo

That may very well be it...maybe subconciously.

Maybe I remembered that he had an English name and linked Kyle-Zack for some reason?

And Grana does look like Asaga as well...but I'd say Kyle might resemble Grana even more..
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Re: Psyren Mega Convo Thread

And Grana does look like Asaga as well...but I'd say Kyle might resemble Grana even more..
Well they resemble but he can't be kyle. Kinda odd but when I saw grana for the first time, I always thought about Asaga. But hey, he's Grana (and not kyle of asaga) :p
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,179
Reaction score
30,225
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: Psyren Mega Convo Thread

I wasn't implying that either of them are Grana koen -_-;
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Re: Psyren Mega Convo Thread

I wasn't implying that either of them are Grana koen -_-;
oh then I completely misunderstood. My bad. Maybe I skipped the post too fast or... It's all zack's fault :p

Of course grana isn't one of them. But it's kinda odd junas and dholaki have already shown up in the DVD. Miroku Amagi must be the elder (or one of them) grana talked about. But why and how did grana suddenly become the supreme commander.
 
Top