Shounen Psyren by Iwashiro Toshiaki

Waveblade

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 3, 2009
Messages
673
Reaction score
1,092
Age
38
Gender
Female
Country
Australia
Re: Psyren Mega Convo Thread

Thanks for the information Hai_priesty. Have there been any more titbits about the light novel posted? I'm particularly interested in the detective guy's story.

287 :名無しさんの次レスにご期待下さい:2011/03/03(木) 21:45:11.87 ID:nC3fNMz90
16巻のおまけはまあいつも通りのツブヤキ、アトガキ、話と話の間の白いページにちょこっと絵

2011春発売のジャンプNEXTに岩代先生の最新読み切り
「とある少女のお隣さんはフツウじゃない人達で!?」

Also apparently Kabuto was originally going to die around volume 8? I saw similar comments on other japanese sites as well.

308 :名無しさんの次レスにご期待下さい:2011/03/04(金) 22:20:42.31 ID:AqacvoEr0
カブトホントは8巻で死ぬはずだったのか
生き残って良かった
 
Last edited:

susanoo13

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 29, 2010
Messages
1,270
Reaction score
483
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Israel
Re: Psyren Mega Convo Thread

Well then it's a good thing ol' Kabuto survived since he had such a good time tearing Ash to shreds.

Hai, about the character design I did my looking at a fair share of Reborn characters as well as non Jump such as Air gear (didn't start Enigma yet, I usually start reading a manga after there is at least 100 chapters) but like I said in my last post the thing I understand the least how was it one of the things that killed Psyren is the pace, first of all thanks for pointing me out for what was the meaning of the character design parts and I would very much appreciate it if someone would elaborate just how was Psyren's pace not good, was it the amount of content in each chapter, length of arcs(might have had to do with cancellation issues some of the times but that's just a guess) or other things?

That would also expand the way I look at things while reading a manga so I find that one to be important, sorry for the trouble.
 

jose

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2009
Messages
91
Reaction score
12
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Re: Psyren Mega Convo Thread

any info about the one-shot? is that true?
 

PaperMaster-Yosh

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jun 28, 2010
Messages
41
Reaction score
62
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: Psyren Mega Convo Thread

Any updates on the one-shot?
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Re: Psyren Mega Convo Thread

Yeah, it is called Godland Company. This post has some spoiler tags in which a preview picture is posted. I don't know the rest either.
 

hai_Priesty

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2007
Messages
786
Reaction score
1,943
Gender
Female
Country
Singapore
Re: Psyren Mega Convo Thread

And that the Next will be out on 30 apr..... If let's say I buy it and trans, (or translated it based on 2ch spoilers) shall I start a new thread?
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Last edited:

susanoo13

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 29, 2010
Messages
1,270
Reaction score
483
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Israel
Re: Psyren Mega Convo Thread

Nice character designs all-around, I'm curious about the black blob guy I just can't think what kind of a character a guy who looks like that would have, I just hope people wont go like "hey the hero has orange hair, and the female with brown hair has Rukia's hairstyle this is a complete and utter Bleach ripoff".

I miss Iwashiro-Sensei's style and his background drawings still looks awesome, let's hope for his success...BTW ho much time more or less does it take for a NEXT one-shot to become serialized assuming it's(very) well recieved?
 

hai_Priesty

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2007
Messages
786
Reaction score
1,943
Gender
Female
Country
Singapore
Re: Psyren Mega Convo Thread

Um just bought The Jump Next tonight XD
I'll post translation of story this Sat or Sun.....

Story itself is ordinary but the storytelling is high-Iwashiro-grade that adds depth to simple stories.

In short, "unusual" neighbours doing strange things (squeezing a huge amusing park into old house as if supernatural-force style) that caught attention of a 14-year-old spygirl-wannable named Meoto, who gets acquainted with a innocent Karasu Tengu boy (that looks like Van-kun XD) that unwittingly showed her the dimensionally impossible house with all the unhuman creatures of Godland Company (title). Girls freaks out and run away, calling the whole bunch "Monsters". Meanwhile her Granny refuses to sell her land to some men-in-suit that turns out to be Shinma Yakuza.... Girls gets kidnapped by those monsters that wanted to take their anger out to her, and get rescued by the very boy (and Company) whom she called a Monster.

Okay a few lines of comments:
1. If you're expecting Psyren #2..... Nope. This story, I feel, leans heavily towards Meiruhito-style stories (Sensei's first work). Story starts with a few a team of non-human characters moving to a normal neighbourhood, and the boy from the getting acquainted with a normal human girl.
2. But compared to Mieruhito this story has potential to sustain itself in the cancellation battle, not the least because the main character designs are much more appealing (instead of "ordinary human ghosts") with a handsome vampire etc. PLUS SENSEI HAS MUCH BETTER DRAWING THAN (2005)MIERUHITO'S.
3. Sensei............. -_- I have a feeling from the character design that he's really sad to end Psyren. The handsome Vampire that walks out of the shower naked reminded me of the first appearence scene of Oboro walking out of the shower...... And other smaller things that are so numerous that I don't think it's a coincidence.... ( OH Wait, it is possible that it was ME that got sad and missed Psyren and started to see the sexy girl with bat wings looking like Marie! O_O; )
4. One favourite line regarding the Garasu Tengu boy - he's a half human that had a Human Mother whom he had never seen but is looking for. The head of Godland Company, Haison, described to Meoto that Kuroto yearned for a human friend - that the boy feels if he can get a human friend, that gives him hope that his human Mum will accept a Karasu Tengu the same way too.....
 
Last edited:

Tame

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 26, 2011
Messages
684
Reaction score
140
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Psyren Mega Convo Thread

Sorry if this counts as a mega necropost, but I'm thinking of starting a Psyren RPG in the same vein as the HxH RPG I have going. If I were to start one, might anyone be interested in playing?
 

fxu

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 24, 2007
Messages
847
Reaction score
1,103
Gender
Male
Country
Uruguay
So, has anybody been buying the English volumes?

Aside from some names being different than what the translators gave it (Dholaki - Dolkey, Melchsee - Melzez), it's not bad. Volume 4 just released.
 
Top