Shounen Psyren by Iwashiro Toshiaki

jolanar

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 18, 2007
Messages
22
Reaction score
0
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
i can see what you say about the matrix with the phone calls being how they are transported, but for me the impression i got from that chapter was that it was similar to gantz. it certainly looks to be a great manga.:D
 

Houjou

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 17, 2007
Messages
1,177
Reaction score
332
Gender
Hidden
Country
Mongolia
I liked it more than what I was expecting, it's far better than all the new series of the Square Jump, it's a relief. I'll be following it for sure. It's very promising.




PS: It reminds me a lot Yu Yu Hakusho.
 

barbapapa

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2005
Messages
1,189
Reaction score
127
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Looks interesting.

Just wondering; has anyone heard anything about a proper group picking this up?
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Unfortunately I haven't heard anything yet, but if the popularity is high enough and it doesn't lose steam too quickly I'm sure SOMEONE will. Maybe KEFI barba? :jk
 

barbapapa

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2005
Messages
1,189
Reaction score
127
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Don't count on it ^^;
We'll probably never pick up a mainstream series again.

Not that I'm not interested... But well, I need more reasons nowadays to start a project.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Don't count on it ^^;
We'll probably never pick up a mainstream series again.

Not that I'm not interested... But well, I need more reasons nowadays to start a project.
Aww...that's too bad. Series from Young Magazine and Weekly Morning aren't mainstream?

I guess you mean Shounen.
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
well, it was scanlated the first chapter, though it was LQ (prolly got to do with the amount of the papers).

Well it might be picked up when people start to read this and IF it's good in their opinion. But the translator is no problem :D
 

barbapapa

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2005
Messages
1,189
Reaction score
127
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Aww...that's too bad. Series from Young Magazine and Weekly Morning aren't mainstream?

I guess you mean Shounen.
Hmm yeah, I guess I mean what's considered mainstream outside of Japan.
And even then... Minoru Furuya and Makoto Isshiki (who I do series of that ran in YM and WM) are anything but mainstream even in Japan. The magazines they run in are basically more mainstream than the series theirselves.
 

ginrai

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 20, 2006
Messages
86
Reaction score
4
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Looks interesting.

Just wondering; has anyone heard anything about a proper group picking this up?

so far the best one is kaiten(he and his team did some overdrive chapters a while ago)!some pages are still in MQ but the rest is pretty wel done and otherwise iff you want HQ HQ it best to wait till the v1 tanko comes out and some team picks it up.
 

barbapapa

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2005
Messages
1,189
Reaction score
127
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
So... the second chapter is kinda Gantz.
I didn't like Gantz, but it had some interesting ideas.

Let's see where this goes.
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
So... the second chapter is kinda Gantz.
I didn't like Gantz, but it had some interesting ideas.

Let's see where this goes.
I agree but I wanna go further - it's more like a matrix X Battle royal X Gantz shounen manga. I didn't like gantz either but it was more because of the setting and the art.

Iwashiros art is just so cool (a bleach x dragonball z art) but we'll see what the story will give us in the near future ;)
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
so far the best one is kaiten(he and his team did some overdrive chapters a while ago)!some pages are still in MQ but the rest is pretty wel done and otherwise iff you want HQ HQ it best to wait till the v1 tanko comes out and some team picks it up.
Thanks! This was actually my first release, I'm a different Kaiten then the group that did overdrive.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Hmmm.

The second chapter was good but a bit offputting. I'm a HUGE fan of Gantz, but I really hope that this isn't TOO much like Gantz. It might be interesting to see a shounen version of the "Death Game" subgenre though.
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
That last picture, damn... That's why I liked mieru hito and that mangakas art. The way he draws his fighting sequences is amazing
 

Shiranui

Manga Editor
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2007
Messages
329
Reaction score
269
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
hahaha...
i like this manga very much...
especially Call 3.

the "Robot" [or the guard i think] is very cool..
very accurate in shoot and very strong...
this is the tough game and battle...
hehehe~
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Spoilers should go in Spoiler tags please lupemavi.

Anyways, this chapter was very interesting. The new robot guard is a bad ass.
 

Wire

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 30, 2007
Messages
77
Reaction score
2
Gender
Male
Country
United States
How are they supposed to beat that guy? Thats what will be interesting. The word is spelled "Psy"ren instead of "Si"ren after all...
 
Top