Shounen Psyren by Iwashiro Toshiaki

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
So chapter 4 is out.

It seems like the giant mean guy has aligned himself with Ageha and Amamiya. He said the skull cap kid was still around, but didn't he get a bolt through his back courtesy of "Alfred's" crossbow?
 

fxu

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 24, 2007
Messages
847
Reaction score
1,103
Gender
Male
Country
Uruguay
HAHAHAHA. Let's list the facts about this badass mofo.

Uses a crossbow (badass gun.. crossbow = ak47) (ch3pg20)
Name is [possibly] Alfred (ch4pg1).
Looks like a cook (ch4pg3)
Perhaps one of the best way I've seen of killing somebody in manga (ch4pg7) .. it makes up for his name being Alfred.


I fucking love him already.

Since Alfred sounds a bit mehh, I'll refer to him as "Al"
So chapter 4 is out.

It seems like the giant mean guy has aligned himself with Ageha and Amamiya. He said the skull cap kid was still around, but didn't he get a bolt through his back courtesy of "Alfred's" crossbow?
He could be dead. It all depends if it hit him in a vital organ.


I'm guessing he's gonna be half dead, but while Ageha picks him up to take him, Al shows up.
 
Last edited:

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Yeah Alfred is cool, he reminds me of one of Nihei Tsutomu's "silicon lifeforms" from BLAME/BioMega.

Ageha trying to rescue everybody is sort of uncharacteristic of him in a way. Wasn't this the kid who only did stuff for money?
 

Wire

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 30, 2007
Messages
77
Reaction score
2
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Being transported to another world and attacked by monsters changes people.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
I'd agree I suppose, but I would have thought he would have been "every man for himself" with the strangers. That wouldn't be much of a Shounen protagonist then I suppose. LOL.
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Alfred was calling out names when he killed almost the whole bunch. Where those the true identities of his victims. I expected the guy with the skull cap as a possible survivor. He was just someone who followed the group (while lots in the group were loudmouthed idiots)


My prediction:
I think the world of psyren is our future world. The first chapter started about society problems like pollution of the world. The door leads to the underground where good guys lives but maybe because it's underground they can't get ageha and others directly in their place. Maybe that's why they use telephones and the map is maybe the easiest (as like the less dangerous) way to get to that underground world that fights against nemesis Q, alfred, monsters,... all created by mistakes made by humans in the past world (present for ageha, etc)

the question: why them?
 
Last edited:

barbapapa

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2005
Messages
1,189
Reaction score
127
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Hmm this is starting to lose my interest already...
I'll give it a few more.
 

LongShot

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2007
Messages
177
Reaction score
2
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I really liked the big guy...the way he attacked so recklessly was awesome

I think there are too much to be showed to ppl give up right now....when they show what is all this crazy story about I'll decide if I keep reading or not
 
Last edited:

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Si it seems I'm close to what I was thinking: it's mt. fuji and japan. The main question: is it an alternate world? or is it a future world? I think it's the second one. But we'll know more later on though I hope something unexpected happens.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
I thought that this might be coming. Ageha's reaction is almost exactly like Charleton Heston in Planet of the Apes when he saw the Statue of Liberty on the beach. LOL
 

pirate-hitman:L

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 21, 2007
Messages
191
Reaction score
3
Gender
Male
Country
United States
You blew it up! Damn you, damn you all to hell!
 

fxu

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 24, 2007
Messages
847
Reaction score
1,103
Gender
Male
Country
Uruguay
Ooohhh .. I definitely didn't see this one coming.

Another good chapter ^_^
 

lupemavi

Intl Translator
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Dec 1, 2007
Messages
138
Reaction score
3
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
i think the same, psyren is the future world, but this world can be destroyed for the wars,radiations, etc... ageha explain the world problemss in the chapter 1.

I hope something unexpected happens in the chapter 6 about the destroyed world^^
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
LOL

:rofl

He's quoting Planet of the Apes
 

ginrai

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 20, 2006
Messages
86
Reaction score
4
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
my theory about the psyren realm is somewhat different


i'm guessing it an alternate realm that bound with the choas theory so that the population of this other realm decreases and so the liveability of the psyren-realm hence him bringing people into it making them sacrifices and blaming them for the distruptecy of his world

also amemiya is acting somewhat similiar to yuno gasai imo!
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Is anyone else besides me bored of the story as it is now?...maybe I'm just impatient.
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Is anyone else besides me bored of the story as it is now?...maybe I'm just impatient.
No (it's not impatience) I am losing my interest too (going out to be attacked, seperating your ways to end up in the same place where you left with an ennemy that can't speak words or you don't anything about is lame). The mangaka will have to come up with something good (better then the mt fuji part - I expected that) and asap or I think this one might be dropped faster then mieru hito...

Though I'll just give it still shots since mieru hito had a slow pace too and his art (especially the fights) are awesome
 

LongShot

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2007
Messages
177
Reaction score
2
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
oh, come on! Its not like Naruto, Bleach or any other famous manga had a "never seen before" and exciting start

if the mangaka had show us all the trama in 6 chaps THEN I would be disappointed
 
Top