Shounen Psyren by Iwashiro Toshiaki

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
oh, come on! Its not like Naruto, Bleach or any other famous manga had a "never seen before" and exciting start

if the mangaka had show us all the trama in 6 chaps THEN I would be disappointed
Do you hear us complaining because it's bad? I think there's a difference between a slow pace and a bad pace. I can't say yet if it's bad because there are indeed interesting elements in the story.

But it has a slow pace and I still believe in the author and the story. You knw why? Imo mieru hito was a very good shounen too but that one had a slow start too. I think it became interesting after 12-13 chapters. So prolly psyren will go on that way too, though I hope that the monster dies and there's more explanation of amamiya. I don't like useless fights (okay it's obvious you have to fight the monster, but what's the deal with him? Crying out that name? and it's something we don't know yet. Amamiya has to tell more, she knows more)
 

Shiranui

Manga Editor
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2007
Messages
329
Reaction score
269
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
and then...
Psyren world is the future...
that will be great or weird huh?

and in that game, no point, no gift like gantz..
very excited, to know more about this manga...
 

Succubus

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
580
Reaction score
565
Gender
Male
Country
Genosha
and then...
Psyren world is the future...
that will be great or weird huh?

and in that game, no point, no gift like gantz..
very excited, to know more about this manga...
hey

this isn't game points?..


 

barbapapa

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2005
Messages
1,189
Reaction score
127
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
yeah this story just got really boring, _really_ fast.
I wonder if it can make it through this, seeing how Jump doesn't give much leeway to new series
 

Shiranui

Manga Editor
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2007
Messages
329
Reaction score
269
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
@Lain

eh, i didn't realize that...
coz, amamiya don't wan to explain clearly about that world..
maybe next chapter?

@barbapapa

yes, i agree with ya'
Psyren need more inovative story!! :D
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Just hold on, give the guy some time: mieru hito started slow too, it'll come, I can feel it

but I agree it's difficult for me too (maybe got to do with my patience)
 

lavy

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 5, 2007
Messages
67
Reaction score
3
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
actually! chapter 7 is really interesting!:)
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Eh, Psyren is quickly slipping down the charts IMO, but it wouldn't be prudent to count it out yet I suppose.
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Eh, Psyren is quickly slipping down the charts IMO, but it wouldn't be prudent to count it out yet I suppose.
If I were you I certainly wouldn't. Remember mieru hito became interesting when Hase came in (that was in chapter 9? 10?)

I think something interesting might happen in this upcoming chapters and It certainly got to do with that coward - I really don't trust him and he might be someone of psyren to get into past world
 

lupemavi

Intl Translator
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Dec 1, 2007
Messages
138
Reaction score
3
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Psyren color page:

 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
nice color page if you ask me
 

LongShot

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2007
Messages
177
Reaction score
2
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
wow awesome color page and a great chap...

after this chapter I started to think about Nemesis Q, he seems to be the last human to me that tries to awake the psy on ppl from the past so they could fight against what the hell makes earth like that
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Maybe, but why bring them to the future to awaken the Psy? Why can't it be done in the present?

I think he's more sinister than that.
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Well this was an interesting chapter if you ask me. So the psyren - the future world - awakens some powers. Really looking foward to that... I really wonder more about nemesis Q who he is, what he's up to. It seems amamiya and the other three aren't the only one but there's some other pleayers too with awakened psy

a question: scan - color page says: it's celebrating psyren's overwhelming popularity -> can we assume this serie is a hit atm?
 

Succubus

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
580
Reaction score
565
Gender
Male
Country
Genosha
uhh ohhh this gantz shounen version............ O_o I see gantz is not good for kids... >_> possible psyren will become popular like Gantz did....in Japan..

o yea I enjoy this manga more more than Mieru Hito..
 

LongShot

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2007
Messages
177
Reaction score
2
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
@Koenosaki

quoting Shrimpy on his translation topic
It may or it may not. I think belmonde said that too, lol.
I have a strong feeling that it may be more euphemistic, as japanese tends to be overly-polite by convention. Even series that aren't doing well have had similar expressions that thank people for writing in--whether that be one postcard or like 5,000...get what I mean?

and no, not trying to jinx it! i do think this series will make it.
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
@Koenosaki

quoting Shrimpy on his translation topic
thanks for clearing that out

well anyway with a good progression and with his great art, I really hope this'll become good and better than mieru hito
 

Succubus

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
580
Reaction score
565
Gender
Male
Country
Genosha

sweet, that girl is very hot!!
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium

sweet, that girl is very hot!!
thanks a lot, psyren for n°1 because of that girl only :D

anyone who can translate that picture

it looks like they are in a church if you look at the instrument at the background - try to look behind that girl :lmao
 
Last edited:
Top