Shounen Psyren by Iwashiro Toshiaki

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Yeah, you're right Koen...my mistake.

That scene was clearly an introspective one by Ageha...I didn't read closely enough.

But the fact remains...that Manager sort of looked like AGEHA's sister.

Actually...maybe not.

I'll shut up now.
Nice that someone says koen :)

About the first one: thanks for clearing out I didn't make a mistake

About the second one: if this serie wouldn't have scans or trans, I would have even taken her for amamiyas teacher - matsuri - she looks like a girl ;)
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
About the second one: if this serie wouldn't have scans or trans, I would have even taken her for amamiyas teacher - matsuri - she looks like a girl ;)
No...Oboro is a man Koen..... :rofl

But yes...they look very similar. I had the same idea when I first saw the raw.
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
No...Oboro is a man Koen..... :rofl

But yes...they look very similar. I had the same idea when I first saw the raw.
that's why I did a ;) to make that she as a joke :D

I didn't forget the previous post when you mention it
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
that's why I did a ;) to make that she as a joke :D

I didn't forget the previous post when you mention it
Sure...:oh

I thought that this chapter was one of the better ones. We got some more backstory on Amamiya and Ageha, and we got introduced to another "possible" drifter.
 

redcometfm

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2008
Messages
712
Reaction score
51
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Anyone else feel the art feels like a hybrid of Tite Kubo + Yoshihiro Togashi?
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Anyone else feel the art feels like a hybrid of Tite Kubo + Yoshihiro Togashi?
I felt more like a Tite Kubo (character design) + Akira Toriyama (emotions)
 

haya5h1

RAW Provider
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 30, 2007
Messages
620
Reaction score
247
Gender
Female
Country
Malaysia
Heck, Matsuri looks more masculine than this new actor guy!:XD
anyway, glad to see the story is picking up after its somewhat generic beginning. Although I'm starting to get more interested in the setting than in the characters. The existence of Psyren is known pretty much all over Japan, to the point that it's the subject of a TV special and people are willing to pay thousands to be in Ageha's situation. That's kind of unusual.

(and anyone else think "LOL PERV" at Ageha's praying for power to "touch Amamiya in various places"?:jk)
 

barbapapa

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2005
Messages
1,189
Reaction score
127
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Out of boredom I read the last 2 chapters.
What a waste of boredom even :P

It's really too much Bleach (Amamiya = Rukia, mysterious girl with a strange sense of humor; Ageha = Ichigo, thick-headed lead with latent powers) meets Gantz (2 old friends meet again, have to do battle in an alternate world, deplete a "number").
Not exactly something that I'd want to be reading.
 

fxu

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 24, 2007
Messages
847
Reaction score
1,103
Gender
Male
Country
Uruguay
Out of boredom I read the last 2 chapters.
What a waste of boredom even :P

It's really too much Bleach (Amamiya = Rukia, mysterious girl with a strange sense of humor; Ageha = Ichigo, thick-headed lead with latent powers) meets Gantz (2 old friends meet again, have to do battle in an alternate world, deplete a "number").
Not exactly something that I'd want to be reading.
'been hitting that bong lately, haven't ya ?
 

barbapapa

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2005
Messages
1,189
Reaction score
127
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
What kind of inappropriate comment is that supposed to be.
 

fxu

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 24, 2007
Messages
847
Reaction score
1,103
Gender
Male
Country
Uruguay
What kind of inappropriate comment is that supposed to be.
A kind of comment that it's supposed to make you feel disrespected.

Do you feel you've been disrespected?

If so, my job here is done.
 

barbapapa

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2005
Messages
1,189
Reaction score
127
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
It's hard to feel disrespected by lower lifeforms, but if it makes you feel better, sure.

Kind of how when my cat shits in the living room. I don't feel disrespected, I just kick it outside. :)
 

fxu

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 24, 2007
Messages
847
Reaction score
1,103
Gender
Male
Country
Uruguay
It's hard to feel disrespected by lower lifeforms, but if it makes you feel better, sure.
Hahahahahaha ... oh gawd, YOU CRACK ME UP! XD XD
 

Djmewmew

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2007
Messages
430
Reaction score
14
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Umm....... play nice? This thread is for Psyren, not insulting each other.

BTW, the actor guy looks a heck of a lot like piano-biker chick no?
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
:o for a moment I thought I was in offend the person above me thread

anyway back on topic: yeah the actor guy looks like matsuri, but I wonder what the guy is up to
 

barbapapa

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2005
Messages
1,189
Reaction score
127
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Insulting? Hell naw, this is just how real men converse.
All in good fun.
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium

haya5h1

RAW Provider
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 30, 2007
Messages
620
Reaction score
247
Gender
Female
Country
Malaysia
Out of boredom I read the last 2 chapters.
What a waste of boredom even :P

It's really too much Bleach (Amamiya = Rukia, mysterious girl with a strange sense of humor; Ageha = Ichigo, thick-headed lead with latent powers) meets Gantz (2 old friends meet again, have to do battle in an alternate world, deplete a "number").
Not exactly something that I'd want to be reading.
interesting that you say that because I thought the last two chapters was when it started to show signs of diverging from the shonen cliche-ridden path (the first 9 chapters might as well have taken place in Hueco Mundo, complete with random Arrankar). It seemed like it was set up so that it could have ended cleanly at chapter 11 if it wasn't doing well.
 

shrimpy

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 12, 2007
Messages
1,118
Reaction score
1,447
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
don't you dare compare this to bleach. it has far more character development than bleach ever had.

Kenpachi: I will defeat you with BOTH eyes
uro: oh no you wont BANKAI TRANSFORM THINGY
kenpachi: shit...time for BOTH hands
uro: oh noes <dies>

that's pretty lame...

newayz looks like next chapter will be great. it looks like the next round is coming up, but not yet if asaga's rise request is any indication for more training. or more character gathering (now that 'ol kansai-ben man kicked the bucket)
 

barbapapa

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2005
Messages
1,189
Reaction score
127
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Yeah but Bleach didn't used to be like that. There was a time when there was actually more to it.
 
Top