Shounen Psyren by Iwashiro Toshiaki

Sexy Randal 105

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2007
Messages
1,052
Reaction score
37
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Psyren mega convo thread

I'm glad Psyren is selling well. Sket dance is doing well as well. That's good. No wonder it's gotten higher reviews. Also, I find it ironic that Usagi starts selling after it dies.
 

shrimpy

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 12, 2007
Messages
1,118
Reaction score
1,447
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: Psyren mega convo thread

good art is always valued after it's dead.

...wait, did i get that backward?

LOL fxu psyrentard...doesn't quite have the ring narutard does, but meh...
 

Sexy Randal 105

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2007
Messages
1,052
Reaction score
37
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Psyren mega convo thread

I think we can wait to choose a name for our fanboys when the series actually gets an anime. Which will probably be in a year or two.
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Re: Psyren mega convo thread

Hmm, not that I wanna get someone on a rampage but accroding to heiji sama on ritual scan (and that guy is mostly right):

Les 2 prochaines séries à s'arreter seraient Psyren et Sket Dance. 3 nouvelles séries seraient prevues, avec 2 nouveaux auteur & Amano Yôichi (Over Time). Double Arts à été sauvé, et le prochain qui semble dans une mauvaise situation est Bari Haken.

I'll only say what's important in this section:
Psyren is prolly one of the two series that'll be cancelled. -> I think we should take this with a grain of salt atm but its possible but not official yet

@fxu: No flaming and bashing though you'll prolly feel bad and sad
 

RyuSensei

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 6, 2008
Messages
2,683
Reaction score
312
Gender
Male
Country
France
Re: Psyren mega convo thread

"The 2 next series that will stop will be Psyren and Sket Dance. 3 new series are planned with 2 new authors & Amano Yoichi (Over Time). Double Arts was saved and the next one who's in a dangerous situation is Bari Haken"


I also feel bad <.<, gonna have to go through all the previous chapters to have awesome colos right now. I'm not stopping my killingspree v_v!
 
Last edited:

Cassius

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 19, 2008
Messages
150
Reaction score
363
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Re: Psyren mega convo thread

Well is the most badly news...but always think that Psyren was a good manga...Shueisha Suckssss
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Re: Psyren mega convo thread

Well I hate it too because psyren was getting better on all grounds. I hope the psyren drop is not official and a TLR might happen (TLR was announced as cancel but suddenly they dropped yusha) so please, lord let it be bari instead of psyren.

Then again you never know since it's not official and this can be rumoured by someone to get attention of mangafans. Stop dreaming koenosaki
 

fxu

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 24, 2007
Messages
847
Reaction score
1,103
Gender
Male
Country
Uruguay
Re: Psyren mega convo thread

@fxu: No flaming and bashing though you'll prolly feel bad and sad
I already went batshit insane in the TOC Talk thread :]
 

shrimpy

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 12, 2007
Messages
1,118
Reaction score
1,447
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: Psyren mega convo thread

I already went batshit insane in the TOC Talk thread :]
hence that little grafitti avatar of yours, hm?
 

Sexy Randal 105

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2007
Messages
1,052
Reaction score
37
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Psyren mega convo thread

I doubt Psyren will be canceled. It has gotta be Dogashi. Nothing is official. I'm not worried. Psyren is selling too well anyway.
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Re: Psyren mega convo thread

Have you seen the latest ToC, I would highly doubt if psyren got cancelled :sweat
 

Sexy Randal 105

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2007
Messages
1,052
Reaction score
37
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Psyren mega convo thread

Yeah, that's it's highest rating in months. I'm happy for Yoshina and the gang. =P
 

Houjou

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 17, 2007
Messages
1,177
Reaction score
332
Gender
Hidden
Country
Mongolia
Re: Psyren mega convo thread

"TOC stands for Table of Contents. Each week, a certain guy from 2ch writes out TOC for the following week's Jump. TOC order is usually based on polling result of readers, thus you will know how your favorite series are doing based on the order."

(more info >> http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4283)

And yeah, Pysren got quite a safe position this toc:
Eyeshield 21 (Colour)
Bleach
One Piece
Bakuman (Cover?!)
Naruto
Gintama
Toriko (oho it's fifth surprise!)
Reborn
Psyren
Inumaru Dashi (oishi koji - New - Colour)
Mago
Kochikame
Takahashi Hideki / Arubaita Kintaro (one shot, colour)
Sket Dance
Love Trouble
Bari Haken
Neuro
Double Arts
DogKa
Jaguar
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Sexy Randal 105

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2007
Messages
1,052
Reaction score
37
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Psyren mega convo thread

So basically if a new series is in a low spot for too long, it's bye bye. A series isn't really safe until it has about two or more years of seniority. But there are exceptions....Poor Mx0.
 

Quetz

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 16, 2008
Messages
496
Reaction score
18
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Psyren mega convo thread

So from the looks of it psyren is safe but double arts could be in trouble....that sorta sucks
 

LuffyCloud

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 11, 2008
Messages
62
Reaction score
2
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Psyren mega convo thread

I don`t understand it. The last Chapter was really really great and now Psyren is under the last five?. Whatever.
 

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
13,821
Reaction score
3,547
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Re: Psyren mega convo thread

I don`t understand it. The last Chapter was really really great and now Psyren is under the last five?. Whatever.
That's because the chapter that's rated, is the one from some say, 3 others say, 8 chapters ago. So or this one must be the fast ended children training chapter or the next psyren enter chapter -> those were for me a bit low but still good
 

shrimpy

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 12, 2007
Messages
1,118
Reaction score
1,447
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: Psyren mega convo thread

double arts isn't in danger. the training arc wasn't popular at all but they're out of it, plus the publishers are promoting DA pretty strongly so it's a "favored" series--seems like it will take a lot to get cut.

Back on topic, we won't be seeing the ratings reflecting the action chapters of late until maybe two weeks
 

Destin82

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 10, 2008
Messages
126
Reaction score
4
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: Psyren mega convo thread

Where the Tatsuo chapters what was killing it's rating? Cause I have to say I was pretty disinterested with him myself. Pysren as of late has been really good, but with all they've revealed in 30 chapters, I'm curious what type of shelf life it's plot has.
 
Top