Putting together a manga group

Acanto

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 18, 2007
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
I'm posting here the text of a topic that can be found [ here ]. [ I ] and [ kitten-kun ] are trying to put together a manga group. We're both very serious about this! :) So please consider our project if you think that making a manga with other people, share your ideas and drawings while working in a team of good friends is exciting!

Hello,

I want to put together a group to create manga. I've been inspired by Clamp and other groups to want to be able to make manga with others . I am very serious about this and would like to share my ideas and stories with others and create something wonderful from everyone’s ideas put together. I love Fantasy very much, so most of the stuff I have has that it in. No one is getting paid for this it will be all fun and dedication until we make it (then it will be even more fun and you get paid.) A nice size of 2-3 people would be nice. Getting to know each (like good friends) will be fun and exciting, plus everything will go soother… and it would be nice to do a style that we all can do.

This is what I look for from people wanting to join:
1. Open minded
2. Respectful of others feeling and opinions
3. Patient
4. Socialable and corporative with people (me and the others)
5. Good sense of humor
6. Adaptable
7. Flexible with ideas
8. Willing to learn anything
9. Be able to communicate by any messenger ( Yahoo, msn, aim)
10. Willing to travel if necessary
11. Have creativity/originality
12. Are willing to deal with being mangaka if we make it.
13. Will inform everyone if something happens to you instead of leaving everyone dry.
14.Very dedicated to the project and getting it out.
15. Can do digital work (if it’s crappy in your mind then I don’t care..it’s probably better than my work. plus, it’s not required but would be nice.)

Good at:
1. Creating a story
2. drawing people/ backgrounds/ perspective/ clothes…basically anything.
3. English (not caring if it’s terrible as long as I can understand you)

Have:
1. Photoshop or any other program (but I prefer photoshop)
2. A head of of ideas

All is fair if you do your share (lol) so no one is left out of anything…I promise.


We're going to post here on MH our group's info and results of our work as soon as we get started. :)
 

LokoTrashman

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Sep 10, 2008
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Romania
Hy dudes .... I would very much like to join but It seems that my scanner got busted (stupid partyies ) ... maybe I coul join you but what can i help with .... I mean drawing is my best ... story stuff ..dont know ....
heres one of my work made when that scanner still worked :(( its the cover of a manga i tryied to do ... anyways ...



heres the link ... that pcis doesent work ...
http://lokotrashman.deviantart.com/art/BAE-99494563
 
Last edited:

OP ROX

Banned
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2008
Messages
141
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
hey id like to join... i been looking for a group for quite a while...my drawing is pretty average but everything else is top notch :)
 

Hakumei

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Oct 8, 2008
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
I'm interested in joining. I've wanted to work in a group for years. I worked solo, and my work can be sen here: http://kindaqueer.comicgenesis.com. It's a dead project, but gives an example of some of my work.
I am a writer (though i suck with scripting) and an artist (ink, digital, pencil), with a strong sense of character, but a limited vision (just needs work!) So yeah... :thumbs:

edit: it occurs to me that work as old as the comic is not the best indicator of my ability....
here is my DA account, with much more recent work http://legacysyndicate.deviantart.com/
 
Last edited:

farseerdk

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 27, 2007
Messages
14
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
I am also interested in joining something like this. I'm no good as an artist, but English is my native language and I can write at the university level. Please let me be involved in the creation of the story and in editing!

I am familiar with Photoshop and can do things like typesetting and so on, but I am not good enough to colour or fix line-art.

Throw me a PM is you're still "hiring".
 

luna_wolf

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2007
Messages
237
Reaction score
23
Gender
Female
Country
England
i'm interested! i'm good with a few diferent styles and am best at drawing characters and am great with expresions. abstract shapes are also a talent of mine.
i'm not that good at backgrounds though,>.>
i'm good for scetches, but i'm not usfull in the photoshoping department where you refine the images.
do you want my help?
i live in a english speaking country and its my main language so english isnt a problem>.<
 

adlina

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 26, 2009
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Gender
Female
Country
Malaysia
I don't know if I could be of help, but it would be interesting to belong to a manga group. My skill is so-so (you can check my deviantart to confirm XD) but I've been told to be an idea machine. I just never got around to realise all of them... yet. Though English is not my mother tongue, I'm a teacher-trainee majoring in TESOL. Maybe I could be of help. Who knows?

Look forward to hearing more about your group (even if I'm not in).

p.s/ My avatar is an example of my artwork, btw :)

EDIT: Oh um, deviantart: http://sirius-angel.deviantart.com
Not all of them, though.
 
Last edited:

RalphSeggaSama

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 6, 2008
Messages
17
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
United States
if you're letting more people join, id love to.. i can draw decently.. what i mainly like is writing and story plotting.. i currently dont have a program to draw with.. but i should be getting one in a few months... again.. id love to join to help out with the plot..
 

theshawn19

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 30, 2009
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I would love to join as a story writer. I have written several stories and am told I am a good writer. I am also interested mostly in the fantasy genre.
 

Aoki Ko

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Apr 4, 2009
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Gender
Hidden
Country
Puerto Rico
Maybe im to late. But i would like to join. I specialize in chibi-art. So i thinnk i can do a fantasy-comedy.If intereted PM me.

PS:
My english is not the best but i try my best. I can do anything from stories ato art. So im very flexible.
 

goal

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Oct 12, 2008
Messages
67
Reaction score
4
Gender
Female
Country
Norway
I cant enough of what I want to read. I wish I could work with some people and make more mangas of what I'd like. I'd love to write for it.
I want a great mix of a sexy bad guy who falls in love plotline. Very close to the Viewfinder series, only I'd like it to be Josei instead of Yaoi.

If only I could find someone who could draw sexy male bishies:)
 

tehkorean

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 6, 2009
Messages
11
Reaction score
0
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I'd love to join this manga group as well. I think being able to join a group who loves doing what you do together is a fun thing.

I'm very good at writing I've written for newspapers and I've won several rewards for my writing. However idk if you really consider them awards since they're really just little blue ribbons from my school =D.

Other than my writing I can provide my experience with websites or I can get us a voice server or somewhat if you wish to communicate as well.
I can write any genre: Fantasy, Romance, Action just give me a genre and I'll give u my best.

PLEASE PM ME IF I'm allowed =D
 

Samedi-mai

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Sep 16, 2009
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Gender
Female
Country
United States
well, I posted on DA, But I have to check with this other person if he'll accept or not! ^u^; He's planning for a manga and I'm just not sure if I'll be able to flex my hours with you, guyz. ;A; *sniffle*
 

KuroiHaneTenshi

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Apr 21, 2010
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Fantasyyyyyy~~ this seems interesting. I was actually thinking of doing this myself a while back, but never got around to it. The one girl I was working with never responded to that idea. D: In fact, I havent heard back from her since. >_< It doesnt say to give any artwork in the first post, so IDC. i'm not going to give until someone asks and I know someone is actually reading this and it's a serious project.
but wow... this was first posted many months ago... is it still open? >_>

The problem I've encountered with trying to do a group project is.... everyone has different styles. It's difficult to decide how to integrate them all.

:P I. Am. Perfect at all of those. Not.

Naw. I have ideas. I just dont want to randomly share them with lotsa people. I also dont want to randomly post my character designs on the internet.

hopefully, im not just wasting 5 minutes of my nonexistant life typing this so that i can rant on and on to myself, however enjoyable that is. Sorry. Ranting. i'll..... check back.
 
Last edited:

madis407

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Aug 9, 2010
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Age
30
Gender
Male
Country
Estonia
well l wud like to join
lm good at coloring and character design and l can design things like montsters and suff
and lm a writer so l can help with the story a little
my english is not the best

here is where you can
contact me [email protected]
 
Last edited:

HanaKuragari

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Aug 1, 2010
Messages
22
Reaction score
3
Gender
Female
Country
United States
i could see myself working on something like this as an artist/writer/whatever.

this is my current site: hanakuragari.mangabullet.com
 

Rando

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Feb 11, 2010
Messages
9
Reaction score
1
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I'm a writer that has a minor professional career with several short stories & a few one shot comics under my belt. I have a tendency to come up with hundreds of story ideas and come up with around 2 or 3 new ideas a day, some are short, some are long... A few are longer than series like One Piece currently are...

Unfortunately I have a tendency to break English as it is not my first language despite being born just outside of Nashville and being raised in Upstate New York.

I would love to be a part of a manga group.

You can get in contact with me @ [email protected] or here at Mangahelpers.
 
Last edited:

orphen666

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Aug 18, 2010
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
hi i would like to help. im currently writing my own story and looking for some artist for a while. im a writer,im not good at drawing but i can do some editing. please send me a message if im in. i only have few experience but i am looking forward in helping others.
 
Top