Question Question about the individual Translator/Manga Editor Forums

Rena Chan

RAW Provider
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2007
Messages
920
Reaction score
1,846
Gender
Female
Country
Singapore
I noticed that the Translator and Manga Editor Forums are still post-able and new topics can still be created and replied to. For the translators and Manga Editors that already have their own sub-forum, can they still post new Edited Mangas/translations in their own forum? Or for anyone else for that matter in the Translation/Edited Manga Archive forum? Just to confirm.
 

eni

MH's Socialworker ٩( ᐛ )و ♡
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2006
Messages
14,313
Reaction score
1,730
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
My last info was, that the translator/Manga Editor forums will be archived (only readable) in near future too. The release system will replace the "archive function" of these boards and the groups and translator will stick with a single AskMeThread, probably in a new forum similar to the "Meet the Mods"-section.

But that info is a little old. Maybe these plans were changed, seeing that the forums still aren't archived... *looks around for an admin*

In any case, releases have to go into the new system. Not into the forums.

//edit
Ok, so... old translations will be imported into the new system. Seems we're unsure about old Edited Mangas atm, seeing that the links in many ancient threads are mostly dead anyways. The threads are technically obsolete once imported, so they will probably vanish completely from the board, leaving only the Info- and AskMeThreads for translators and Manga Editors in a new "Meet the ..."-section.
 
Last edited:

Rena Chan

RAW Provider
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2007
Messages
920
Reaction score
1,846
Gender
Female
Country
Singapore
Ahh, I see. So they're not sure whether they're going to import the Edited Mangas? Cause I've actually already entered some of Eternal's past releases into the new system already, but not all of them *lazy*

Although for my group's releases, the dead links is because I've changed the method of posting new releases after I had implemented Fusion News to my website. So the links aren't really "dead" for my group per se, they just need to go to the group's website to download them.
 

eni

MH's Socialworker ٩( ᐛ )و ♡
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2006
Messages
14,313
Reaction score
1,730
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
Hm, at the moment there's no admin online to ask for specific infos regarding this. I'll ask Bax later to look this thread up :amuse

Our poor ttx is currently closing the individual translator/Manga Editor forums one by one since vB has no mass-function for this. That explains why it hasn't been done so far, ehehe ^^;
IRC said:
<ttx> i'm just gonna lock them all now, I don't feel like opening 180+ tabs for nothing
[ ... ]
<ttx> int. trans. archive 0 - ttx 1
 
Last edited:

Rena Chan

RAW Provider
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2007
Messages
920
Reaction score
1,846
Gender
Female
Country
Singapore
O_o"

Can't you uhh...just change the posting permissions for all the users and user groups? >__>
 

bax

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 2, 2006
Messages
15,816
Reaction score
7,985
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Malaysia
Ahhh Rena, atm, we're not importing the threads yet. And I'm not sure if we're going to import it anytime soon (if we will). Since everyone is pretty busy with the corrections, developments, features, bug fixingg, etc. Plus, most (not all) of the threads in the Edited Manga archives are full with dead links.

So, I think it's better for you to self upload ^^;;
 

Rena Chan

RAW Provider
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2007
Messages
920
Reaction score
1,846
Gender
Female
Country
Singapore
Yeah, I guess so. I've already done it for my group. But not uploading to MH since I have my own direct download plus two mirrors.
 
Top