Question Questions On Submitting Some Raws

Eshvoide

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jun 13, 2009
Messages
120
Reaction score
2
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Hi, I'm really new to the forums as you can see with my post count.

I want to see if I can get a manga I really like translated because I don't know any Japanese or Chinese. Apparently, the manga that I want translated is in Chinese, which brings me to my first question?

1) Are there any Chinese translators?

The manga that I own doesn't seem to be original since it's practically(sp?) copied from the Japanese version.

2) Is it okay to post it (well the raw)?

If yes, this manga began in 1987 making it kinda old. The series is MAPS by Yuichi Hasegawa. If so, I'll try to start scanning it chapter by chapter. I'm pretty new to this stuff as you can see.

I also want to know what makes LQ, MQ, and HQ. My scanner scans at a peak of 300dpi and when it comes out, it comes out HUGE (1335x2015px). So I want to at least reduce it by 50% or so.

Thank you for your time.
 

Nami

Queen of The Damned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 15, 2006
Messages
5,423
Reaction score
1,786
Age
119
Gender
Female
Country
United Nations
Hi Eshvoide, Welcome to MH!

1) Are there any Chinese translators?
The manga that I own doesn't seem to be original since it's practically(sp?) copied from the Japanese version.

Yes, there are actually a few chinese translators here. You can try posting your request for Chinese translator for MAPs in the Translator recruitment section, maybe they will be interested and free to help translate this series. I came across fake chinese tanks too. ^^ Anyway, why don't you post a few pics of it to attract more attention as a start? Once you have an interested translator, you can just send the raws to your translator separately.


I also want to know what makes LQ, MQ, and HQ. My scanner scans at a peak of 300dpi and when it comes out, it comes out HUGE (1335x2015px). So I want to at least reduce it by 50% or so.

For raws, you can check out a few thread here - The Raw Scanning Thread, the Raw help thread. If you want more info, maybe try reading up some threads on Edited Mangas or asking in one of the threads in the Tutorials & Workshops Section. :)
 

Eshvoide

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jun 13, 2009
Messages
120
Reaction score
2
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Cool, thanks.



I hope I submitted the RAW right. I had to make a new description because of it being a new manga. Apparently the manga itself is old (first published in 1987 in japan, final volume was released in 1995).


(this is the final volume, a friend wanted me to scan this first because he has never seen the ending of the MAPS volume version)

-oops sorry about the double post ;_;-
 
Last edited:

Nami

Queen of The Damned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 15, 2006
Messages
5,423
Reaction score
1,786
Age
119
Gender
Female
Country
United Nations
I just realised that you posted it at an old thread. ^^
If you feel like sharing it with everyone, you can also try posting it at [JP] Raws section in future if you have more chapters coming up. And if the cover is the pic of the tank you have, it's an authentic chinese tank by Tong Li.
 

Eshvoide

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jun 13, 2009
Messages
120
Reaction score
2
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I just realised that you posted it at an old thread. ^^
If you feel like sharing it with everyone, you can also try posting it at [JP] Raws section in future if you have more chapters coming up. And if the cover is the pic of the tank you have, it's an authentic chinese tank by Tong Li.
I did yesterday I think, but I can't tell if I submitted it (apparently I'm having some odd problem with my browser, I think). Since it's a unknown to MH, I had to create a 'new manga' page for it. I searched for the title, but I don't see it. Anime News Network seems to have a good description of the series though.

---

I'll see if I can upload it on my other computer.
 
Last edited:

DelGrecco

Manga Editor
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jun 10, 2009
Messages
22
Reaction score
4
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Are you still having submission problems? This looks like an interesting older series with a couple of spin-offs or follow-ups to boot. I did a little looking around and couldn't find any existing raws elsewhere, though my avenues are admittedly rather limited. Good luck with this!
 

Eshvoide

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jun 13, 2009
Messages
120
Reaction score
2
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Was going to do it on my other computer, but I haven't tried it yet... been quite busy. -.-
 

DelGrecco

Manga Editor
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jun 10, 2009
Messages
22
Reaction score
4
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Understandable and no worries, just wanted to offer support :)
Good luck!
 
Top