Theory Quick theory about the ROCKS/LOCKS (Kaidou's past)

Infinity Edge

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Casterly Rock
Kaidou shows a lot of hatred toward Big Mom, and he seemingly cringes at the mention of their past. I just don't get why he has soo much hate and animosity for her, especially if they were together in a pirate crew.

So something just dawned on me, what if the guy locked up in the Udon Prison cell is Kaidou's former Captain? (Leader of LOCKS)

If you think about it, the guy locked up in Udon is being given the worst possible treatment, (being fed 1 poisonous fish a week) AND he still seems to be deadly/dangerous even with something as small as a fish bone? PLUS for some reason nobody, even the prison guards are not allowed to know his identity.
It's sounding plausible that inside that cell is actually Kaidou's old captain, whom he hates fiercely, and keeps fully restrained because he is a man too dangerous to be let out/ he can't be even given a fishbone beacuse he can use that as a weapon. The man locked up there must be very strong if after such hard measures he still can manage to attack the guards.

Lastly, Big Mom is headed there. She is headed to Udon (the prison). She lost her memories but what if the LOCKS captain recognizes her, and starts raging and/or screams her name or a fact of her past when she comes there? The people suffering Amnesia sometimes have triggers like hearing a voice or seeing an image that strongly reminds them of their memories which "triggers" their memory to come back. What if that's exactly what happens to Big Mom when she finds the locked up/tortured LOCKS leader inside that cell in Udon? What if that's actually the reason why Kaidou told Big Mom to never come to Wano, perhaps Kaidou's memories on the LOCKS crew are very painful to him, and he hates what happened to him, maybe they were cruel to his close friend or family etc.

Last edited:

Fox666

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Going by what the Big Mom Pirates said, they only became enemies after they became emperors and started to fight for territory.

thedude

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm not sure who is in the cell, but I think part of their history is some of big Mom's kids are Kaido's. She has like 50 kids, lol, so why not?

afromarco005

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
France
Yes we will definetly learn more about the past during wano.

Not just about the Rocks Pirates or Gol.D roger but also the poneglyphs and anciant history which will be the link with future arcs and climax at raftel.

About the prisonner your thory makes absolute sense but I dont see how Rocks would still be in this dumb prison if Kidd and soon Luffy have broke out this easily. Unless his cell and chains are very reinforced Seastone or smth.

I think another possibility is that the person in that prison is Oden himself, Kaido and Orochi lied about his death and want to see him suffer. Oden was described as beeing a combat loving dangerous individual that would fit too