Two Cour Radiant

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Country
United States
Episode 14...
At this point, the story can be almost a version of plagiarism... The girl with the flute's name was revealed today...
her name is... Hameline

I'm so surprised! :kappa
It was a real shocker.:neutral

It's almost like whoever wrote this.. wasn't the most creative fellow. Like it's kinda of a shounen lowest common denominator. Which kinda works for me in a way and I feel like I should be ashamed about that. And maybe I would be if the last of my shame hadn't dried up long ago.

Instead I just kind of acknowledge that whoever wrote this kinda just watched some One Piece, Bleach, and HxH then was like "I can do that too!" and he was only about half wrong. Which, as it turns out, is close enough for me.

Last edited:

Wowzers

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Country
Canada
I really want to enjoy this series... but I feel I could read the original fairy tale and get more out of that... Hmmmm... I wonder if there is an animated version of that out somewhere?...

Hmmmm... come to think of it, when this arc started wasn't there some mention of missing kids?

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Country
United States
I really want to enjoy this series... but I feel I could read the original fairy tale and get more out of that... Hmmmm... I wonder if there is an animated version of that out somewhere?...

Hmmmm... come to think of it, when this arc started wasn't there some mention of missing kids?
Well, Hameline in Radiant has a much sexier voice. So I feel like Radiant wins based on that alone. The cool character design also helps.:verily

It's just shame there isn't much of an actual character there. Which really the limitation of this show for me.

It's like the author managed to think up 2 characters, Doc and Melie, and that was it. His creative juices were drained right then and it's no-frill shounen tropesville from there on. That's something we just have to live with while watching the show.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Country
United States
Melie needs her own show. :hmm
Most unrealized character potential since Zero Two.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Getting better and better. Actually had a pretty good shounen style fight this week.

And magic swordmaster Melie is something I'm pretty crushed I'll never get to see.

Wowzers

MH Senpai
Country
Canada
I'm interested in Seth's "brother". Probably not his actual brother. More likely they were cursed by the same Nemesis since they both have horns.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Country
United States
Another episode that displays what this show is good at. It's the the good kind of mediocre. If that makes sense. It absolutely standard shounen. But not in a bad way. It just is what it is. Nothing more and nothing less.

Wowzers

MH Senpai
Country
Canada
Todays episode was really good actually! I wonder if the inquisition was actually after the other horned guy and mistook Seth for him?

Or was Seth actually guilty of these crimes before he was reincarnated/de-aged/reborn/etc... Alma found him as a child but Alma lost her memories at that time too... so who knows what's going on. Whatever it is... is convenient for hiding the story details from us.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Country
United States
Todays episode was really good actually! I wonder if the inquisition was actually after the other horned guy and mistook Seth for him?

Or was Seth actually guilty of these crimes before he was reincarnated/de-aged/reborn/etc... Alma found him as a child but Alma lost her memories at that time too... so who knows what's going on. Whatever it is... is convenient for hiding the story details from us.
I definitely enjoyed it.

It was kinda just like "Hey, you like a epic shounen moments. And parts where the villain gets talk-no-jutsu'd and becomes a good guy. Here you go!" done well enough for a person who likes that kind of thing to enjoy it. And I am one those people.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

This show is starting to get legitimately interesting.

Seems to me that Seth's brother is actually himself from the past.

Wowzers

MH Senpai
Country
Canada
3 episodes left! That leaves us with 1 episode to clarify what's actually happening and 2 more to do the final battle + 10min postscript?

Seems to me that Seth's brother is actually himself from the past.
So that's how they destroy Radiant! They don't know where it is so they simply cause a paradox and the whole universe will be destroyed... including Radiant!
Seems like overkill, but it is a shounen show so... :XD

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Country
United States
3 episodes left! That leaves us with 1 episode to clarify what's actually happening and 2 more to do the final battle + 10min postscript?

So that's how they destroy Radiant! They don't know where it is so they simply cause a paradox and the whole universe will be destroyed... including Radiant!
Seems like overkill, but it is a shounen show so... :XD
That may be their only viable option to resolve this in 3 episodes.

It kills me because I already kind of want another season but if somebody asked me if it deserves anothers season... I'm not sure I could look them in the eye when I said "Yes".

The funny part is that it's absolutely playing the shounen's greatest hits. Like this was totally a Kyuubi/Hollow Ichigo thing. And I was fully aware the whole time exactly what it was doing. But it worked for the same reason the original thing it's ripping off worked. It's only now after like 15 episodes or whatever that it's finally finding it's footing with the stuff about Melie and Seth's pasts which is finally starting to establish something interesting and distinctive that it can build off of.... yet now we only have 3 episodes.:emocat

Wowzers

MH Senpai
Country
Canada
Episode 19:
Pretty good for a post-traumatic event in a shounen series.

Things we know after this episode:
1) Nice to see Alma again
2) Melie is a nice girl.
3) Nobody knows where Radiant is
4) There is now 2 episodes left.

Why do I feel as though Radiant is like One Piece in that you will never see Radiant (or One Piece) until the very end.... and the end could be years away.
I'm not so sure this show deserves a multi year big-3 style rolling contract, so lets just do a really good final 2 episodes and we'll see if that extension is desirable.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Country
United States
Yeah, pretty good somber tone it had going with Seth

It does make me kind of what to check out the manga if nothing else. I can't imagine this anime will end in a way that impresses. But it's already leaving the impression that there is potential here.

Wowzers

MH Senpai
Country
Canada
Episode 20:
1 episode left… and Seth is soul searching… is that where you will find Radiant? Probably not.

From the preview, it sounds like there will be action next episode.
Maybe the attacking Nemesis will abduct someone? as a prequel to next season? I'm assuming they are leading
up to a new season since it seems extremely unlikely this season will wrap up the series.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Country
United States
It's hilarious to me that they are as pressed for time as they are and we get an episode were nothing happens. Amazing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)