Raine's Wrap-Up- 339 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Raine's Wrap-Up- 339

Raine_Joybringer

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
:woo~~Raine’s Wrap-Up 339~~:woo

~Chapter 339: New Technique!~

I haven’t done one of these in a while, I have to apologise! It’s been a very busy time for me. But finally getting around to doing a Wrap-Up is great. And speaking of great things- what a chapter! Well, let’s get to it then, shall we?

~One Disappointment?:~

Actually just first, I need to say that I’ve been a little sad we haven’t had any proper front covers in a while... but I suppose I shouldn’t complain. We’re being treated to an awesome story, not to mention it’s not long now until Shippuuden starts! In any case though, I wonder what will be the feature of the next cover when we finally get one? I’m sure the colourists will be happy for one at least.

~Shikamaru’s Determination! The End of Hidan?:~

We saw Shikamaru’s plan start to make sense last chapter when he created that hole. After all, how would you get rid of someone who is immortal? You can’t kill them, so logically the only way to stop them is by putting them in a situation they can’t get out of. In this case, Shikamaru used a hole to trap Hidan and then bury him.

You gotta feel sorry for Hidan I suppose. No, not that he’s been buried alive, but because he’s just had his head served on a platter (in a matter of speaking). Not only was Hidan defeated by Shikamaru, but his whole purpose of playing judge to mortals has been cut short. For once, he got a taste of his own kind of punishment with Shikamaru playing judge on him! And what a way to go; laughing all the way, just like the madman he is.

Of course, I think that we shouldn’t exactly count Hidan out just yet. Just as falling off a cliff is never an indication of death, being buried alive is pretty ambiguous. In a way, this makes me remember the old Aladdin Disney movies, where although Jafar was defeated, he appeared once more the next movie after being dug up. So for all we know, Hidan could appear again in the future after having been dug up by someone. But hopefully that day won’t arrive.

Shikamaru... wow, what a kid! He finally got his revenge. Even when he was on the verge of chakra exhaustion, he was still a step ahead of the bunch. I think it’s really quite the possibility that he’ll end up as a world-class shinobi one day (if he already isn’t one!). He might not become Hokage because of his laziness, but I can definitely see him as being on the Konoha council someday.

I don’t know if anyone saw my comment on what is the “King” Asuma was talking about in the ‘Questions still to be answered’ topic in the Toshokan, but I have to believe that he may have meant that “The Will of Fire” is it. It would seem to make sense that a village’s determination to prosper would be what rules.

~Naruto’s Growth! What is that Jutsu?:~

Hm, well firstly I have to admit something I was little confused on... and that is why Kishimoto didn’t include any reactions from either Ino or Chouji when Kakuzu said Naruto was the Nine-Tails Jinchuuriki. I guess it isn’t exactly important at the moment? Either way, they must have heard.

Okay, back to it. Kakashi has given the scoop on Kakuzu to Yamato and Naruto. And we know that the guy still has three more spare lives up his sleeve. It’s like some kind of twisted video game, that’s for sure. And Kakuzu is one hell of a scary looking boss! Naruto is really going to have to step up to the challenge for this one!

But, I think we’re really starting to see how much he’s changed now. He’s gotten a lot more serious, and it’s obvious that his whole style of battle has evolved. Remember the first time he came face to face with Deidara and Sasori? Yup, he charged right in without thinking. This time is entirely different- he tested Kakuzu’s strength first and analysed the situation without putting himself in a needless risk (though, we do have to remember that he was also pretty emotional last time with the death of Gaara. Still, he has become a lot stricter with himself now).

Heh, you know, I’m pretty sure that I got it right once before when I said that Kakashi injured his hand testing either a Chidori or Rasengan against Naruto. And you gotta love that flashback. I think that Kakashi seeing the vision of Yondaime and his similarity with Naruto is the last step in finally acknowledging Naruto’s strength and potential. It really is possible now that he sees Naruto as a worthy (or even greater) ninja he could be proud to work alongside with, just as he did with the Fourth.

And now to the highlight of this chapter, finally seeing (well, half-seeing) the fruition of Naruto’s hard work- Fuuton; Rasen Shuriken!

I know there will probably be a few of you that are a bit disappointed with the Rasen Shuriken (either from the similarity to the Destructo Disk from DBZ or because it isn’t exactly big and flashy...), but you need to think about it a bit more because it is actually quite ingenious in terms of Naruto creating it.

Yes, that’s right, Naruto created it. The form had to be thought of first before it was created. It didn’t just appear as he was going. And it is very clever. Naruto took what Asuma said to heart about wind chakra being a natural slicing tool. What better than a giant bladed edge? I hadn’t thought it would come to that, that’s for sure! I had figured it’d be something like what we saw previously with the big tornado. Though, I don’t think I should cast that idea aside just yet either- we’ve yet to see what more the Rasen Shuriken can do apart from sit in Naruto’s hand and look pretty.

Another thing to mention here is that maybe this isn’t so dissimilar from Naruto’s first encounter with Deidara and Sasori... and perhaps Kishimoto is a lot sneakier than we think. Remember that Naruto also used a giant shuriken the first time? Now there’s something to ponder! Was Kishimoto borrowing from that idea, or had that been a clue this entire time?

~Wrap-Up!:~

And finally, I need to say that I love the expressions in this chapter: Shikamaru’s ‘it’s over’ look; Hidan’s face after Shikamaru said he was his god at the moment; the little sweat drop on Kakuzu’s face as he saw Naruto’s jutsu; and finally, Naruto’s look of focus and determination.

I don't really have a prediction, but we’re going to see big things next chapter, that's for sure! So I hope you’re as excited as I am! ;)

jester065

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Please register to see the content of this post.

dimska

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
France

jester065

Reaction score
Country
United States

jester065

Reaction score
Country
United States

kadodo

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Haiti

La_Muerte

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Dominican Republic

qwan3356

Reaction score
Country
United States

Raseru

Reaction score
Country
Australia

Goji

Reaction score
Country
Belgium

Ayah

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Philippines

juUnior

Intl Translator
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Poland

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi