Discussion Ranking the Sins

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,666
Reaction score
61,361
Gender
Male
Country
France
I still wouldn't put him above King yet. Maybe above Diane. Meliodas, Ban and King are the most haxed of the sins. And Escanor is just broken.
How is Escanor broken? So far Sunshine seems to be like a stronger Hellblaze, I would not say Meliodas is hax either but it depends on how he uses his abilities, Invasion, Snatch and Disaster are more hax than the others IMO.
 

ShadowHeart

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 11, 2010
Messages
6,216
Reaction score
3,039
Age
34
Country
England
How is Escanor broken? So far Sunshine seems to be like a stronger Hellblaze, I would not say Meliodas is hax either but it depends on how he uses his abilities, Invasion, Snatch and Disaster are more hax than the others IMO.
What kind of special ability do you think Merlin's is?
 

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Joined
Aug 6, 2014
Messages
8,036
Reaction score
8,321
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
Well Ban still hasn't changed much tbh. King and Merlin utilize means of fighting that isn't based on their physical strength and Mel and Escanor should have too much power for Ban to steal and get above them. Gowther is a wild card. I'd only say that Diane is beneath Ban for now.
 

Pietro

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 20, 2012
Messages
2,400
Reaction score
814
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
I think you shouldn't understimate Gowter.
He has mental ability and in my opinion he has a much stronger hidden ability
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,284
Reaction score
24,918
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
I think you shouldn't understimate Gowter.
He has mental ability and in my opinion he has a much stronger hidden ability
Well, it should not be possible for him to have 2 abilities. As in, invasion and something else. He already has plenty to go on in any case. A remarkably hard to kill body, a mind ability which works regardless of strength... All he needs is the proper PL and he will be more than a threat. And he has whatever his ST ability is as well.

---------- Post added at 05:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:54 PM ----------

As far as ban and his power, it should mean that his strength depends on the strength of his enemy. His stealing ability would work only against people who rely on strength. However even then it only lasts a while and we have seen clear evidence that this tires his body. The match against galan also explains why mel fought against him like he did. Had mel used his demon power from the start ban would have stolen that. So mel used his demon power at the last second to catch ban of guard and punch him out. Overall ban would only have his regular abilities if his enemies have something other than physical strength to fight. Mel and diane seem to be sort of ideal enemies for ban. In turn king and merlin are clearly the worst type of enemies for him.
 

XenonVoid

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Oct 22, 2015
Messages
74
Reaction score
42
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Man, I'm late to this party. I think I'll still post my rankings, if that's okay. They'll be operative under the assumption that each Sin is in their most powerful form, for example Mel's assumes he has his strength back, is back in shape, and is using his Power of Darkness form.

1: Mel with strength back, in shape, in final form. Because let's face it, even the ten commandments see him as a threat, and call him 'accursed', despite all ten of them being part of the accursed race (don't remember what character I heard call demons that, but I know it was someone in NNT). That's some freaky stuff right there, to be the accursed of the accursed.
2: Escanor peak form (specifically, before Zaratras's death). If he surpasses base Mel easily at noon, he's definitely number two right now, if not number one because Mel is out of shape right now.
3: Gowther, because mind-F abilities are hax, especially ones as absolute as his. Nobody should underestimate the guy who can rewrite people's memories regardless of PL disparity, because he could just rewrite every enemy's memories into thinking that he destroyed them so utterly, they never want to fight again. That's the kind of thing that transcends concepts like power level differences in a way that even brilliant strategy never can.
4: Ban with ST. I'm going out on a limb here, but I'm going to assume that his ST might increase his capacity for stealing enemy strength. In which case, if he had it, he could easily have beat Galan, who he came just about even with with his normal limit. Plus, the dude can't be killed by anything other than hellfire, which he could just dodge if he stole enough of his opponent's speed. If he did that to Mel, then even he couldn't kill ban.
5: Merlin, because come on, even with only just under 5k PL, she has some pretty hax spells. Think about it - her Absolute Cancel actually erases Perfect Cube, a demon world technique that even the commandments would have trouble breaking through. I'm sure some of them would have dark magic to undo it, but right now, they don't have their magic, so Merlin remains the only one actually able to get through Perfect Cube.
6: King when he fully utilizes Chastifol. I know that this makes him twice as strong as Merlin, but right now, I care about what abilities they can consistently use over long periods of time, and True Chastifol isn't really one of them for King. So he gets second to last place because he can't use it for more than a few seconds before passing out due to blood loss.
7: Diane, because without proper training, which she has never had all her life, her potential is still only potential. Therefore, she gets last place, especially due to the completely underwhelming role she's had in all her recent battles. Sorry, but until she gets some seriously hardcore training from Matrona, I don't see her making it out of dead last.
 

Rescorlian

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2015
Messages
1,067
Reaction score
503
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
France
I hope Nabaka doesn't go DBZ mode with a proper ranking systems, which only works when the only factor you have to take in consideration is brute force. I'm hoping, for exemple, having something like Meliodas having more brute than any other sins in his final force, but not being as good as Escanor's sunshine if it were to be something holy working better vs demon kind.
Also, it'd be cool with Nabaka sticks to Dreyfus' word, which was that Gowther was the most dangerous of all sins because of his mind control abilities. Just like Gowther managed to k.o all the people under 300 spirit stats, it would be cool if he would be able to k.o someone much stronger than him overall but with less spirit stats. We would therefor have something much more complex involving pure force, mental spirit, guiles (not showing a certain ability to your opponent until the very end).
The fights would be way more interesting and rich than just going DBZ mod with Meliodas being crazy and blasting every around. That'd be so lame.
 

overlordpringerx

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 18, 2015
Messages
852
Reaction score
311
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Man, I'm late to this party. I think I'll still post my rankings, if that's okay. They'll be operative under the assumption that each Sin is in their most powerful form, for example Mel's assumes he has his strength back, is back in shape, and is using his Power of Darkness form.

1: Mel with strength back, in shape, in final form. Because let's face it, even the ten commandments see him as a threat, and call him 'accursed', despite all ten of them being part of the accursed race (don't remember what character I heard call demons that, but I know it was someone in NNT). That's some freaky stuff right there, to be the accursed of the accursed.
2: Escanor peak form (specifically, before Zaratras's death). If he surpasses base Mel easily at noon, he's definitely number two right now, if not number one because Mel is out of shape right now.
3: Gowther, because mind-F abilities are hax, especially ones as absolute as his. Nobody should underestimate the guy who can rewrite people's memories regardless of PL disparity, because he could just rewrite every enemy's memories into thinking that he destroyed them so utterly, they never want to fight again. That's the kind of thing that transcends concepts like power level differences in a way that even brilliant strategy never can.
4: Ban with ST. I'm going out on a limb here, but I'm going to assume that his ST might increase his capacity for stealing enemy strength. In which case, if he had it, he could easily have beat Galan, who he came just about even with with his normal limit. Plus, the dude can't be killed by anything other than hellfire, which he could just dodge if he stole enough of his opponent's speed. If he did that to Mel, then even he couldn't kill ban.
5: Merlin, because come on, even with only just under 5k PL, she has some pretty hax spells. Think about it - her Absolute Cancel actually erases Perfect Cube, a demon world technique that even the commandments would have trouble breaking through. I'm sure some of them would have dark magic to undo it, but right now, they don't have their magic, so Merlin remains the only one actually able to get through Perfect Cube.
6: King when he fully utilizes Chastifol. I know that this makes him twice as strong as Merlin, but right now, I care about what abilities they can consistently use over long periods of time, and True Chastifol isn't really one of them for King. So he gets second to last place because he can't use it for more than a few seconds before passing out due to blood loss.
7: Diane, because without proper training, which she has never had all her life, her potential is still only potential. Therefore, she gets last place, especially due to the completely underwhelming role she's had in all her recent battles. Sorry, but until she gets some seriously hardcore training from Matrona, I don't see her making it out of dead last.
I would put King above Gowther and Ban. He can speedblitz Gowther and has a lot of hax.
 

XenonVoid

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Oct 22, 2015
Messages
74
Reaction score
42
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I would put King above Gowther and Ban. He can speedblitz Gowther and has a lot of hax.
Look at it this way though; of King, Ban and Gowther, which ones do you see surviving against the commandments as they are now? King would get slaughtered even if he used True Chastifol (let's face it, he'd pass out from blood loss long before he managed to damage his opponent), but Ban could go toe to toe with the physical Galan by stealing half his strength, and that's without his ST, which may very well increase his capacity. Then we have Gowther, who saved literally everyone there from dying by manipulating Galan's memories into that he already killed them.

Sorry, man, but King is the second weakest in my book because he doesn't have the power to maintain his own strongest form, which I might add is still not enough to challenge even Galan. Would he win against Ban? Probably, but that's because it's a terrible match up for someone who steals physical strength like Ban. And besides, Gowther could manipulate King's memories the second the fight begins and make him think he already lost, so I don't see King winning there.

---------- Post added at 02:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:54 PM ----------

I hope Nabaka doesn't go DBZ mode with a proper ranking systems, which only works when the only factor you have to take in consideration is brute force. I'm hoping, for exemple, having something like Meliodas having more brute than any other sins in his final force, but not being as good as Escanor's sunshine if it were to be something holy working better vs demon kind.
Also, it'd be cool with Nabaka sticks to Dreyfus' word, which was that Gowther was the most dangerous of all sins because of his mind control abilities. Just like Gowther managed to k.o all the people under 300 spirit stats, it would be cool if he would be able to k.o someone much stronger than him overall but with less spirit stats. We would therefor have something much more complex involving pure force, mental spirit, guiles (not showing a certain ability to your opponent until the very end).
The fights would be way more interesting and rich than just going DBZ mod with Meliodas being crazy and blasting every around. That'd be so lame.
Agreed about hoping it doesn't turn out like DBZ.

As for Gowther being the most dangerous, I see that as being a bit less true at this point. His ability is dangerous, definitely, but I think full power Mel being able to create a chasm out of a country is a bit more dangerous than memory manipulation.

Although I do feel the need to mention that Gowther's ability to KO people under a certain spirit stat has been shown to be able to be focused on one target, and theoretically made more powerful in doing so. Remember in Vampires of Eidinburgh (am I spelling that right?)? He used a technique called "Blackout Arrow", which combined with Merlin's "Power Amplify", was able to take down Buffscanor. Going to assume that Gowther's Blackout abilities are stronger when directed at a single opponent, rather than, say, a whole city. So he could probably use Blackout Arrow on a commandment, then manipulate their memories into thinking that they lost completely and utterly while they lay there unconscious.
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,666
Reaction score
61,361
Gender
Male
Country
France
There is no way king can blitz any of the Sins in the first place.

I hope Nabaka doesn't go DBZ mode with a proper ranking systems, which only works when the only factor you have to take in consideration is brute force. I'm hoping, for exemple, having something like Meliodas having more brute than any other sins in his final force, but not being as good as Escanor's sunshine if it were to be something holy working better vs demon kind.
Also, it'd be cool with Nabaka sticks to Dreyfus' word, which was that Gowther was the most dangerous of all sins because of his mind control abilities. Just like Gowther managed to k.o all the people under 300 spirit stats, it would be cool if he would be able to k.o someone much stronger than him overall but with less spirit stats. We would therefor have something much more complex involving pure force, mental spirit, guiles (not showing a certain ability to your opponent until the very end).
The fights would be way more interesting and rich than just going DBZ mod with Meliodas being crazy and blasting every around. That'd be so lame.
I see Meliodas more as a technique type, his greatest Stat is Spirit and it shows, and I know Nakaba's choreographies are good but Meliodas's fighting style is amazing, Full Counter is perfect for him.

In terms of physical Strength, the top 2 will be Diane and Escanor, Meliodas will probably be close to Ban in Strength again when he will catch up. Merlin and King will be either 1st or 2nd in terms of Magic but I'd like to see the subdivision of each of their PLs before guessing final ranks, I can see Gowther or Escanor 3rd depending on the subdivision. Rather than the numerical value it's the Magic and their other specificities which will matter more IMO. We know nothing about the abilities of the STs besides Meliodas, and his Physical Clone is a game changer already, he can create a Clone with all of his actual PL and he could possibly even injure himself to use Revenge Counter, his Counter Vanish has also been cruelly underused, it's basically Antimagic.
 

overlordpringerx

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 18, 2015
Messages
852
Reaction score
311
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Look at it this way though; of King, Ban and Gowther, which ones do you see surviving against the commandments as they are now? King would get slaughtered even if he used True Chastifol (let's face it, he'd pass out from blood loss long before he managed to damage his opponent), but Ban could go toe to toe with the physical Galan by stealing half his strength, and that's without his ST, which may very well increase his capacity. Then we have Gowther, who saved literally everyone there from dying by manipulating Galan's memories into that he already killed them.

Sorry, man, but King is the second weakest in my book because he doesn't have the power to maintain his own strongest form, which I might add is still not enough to challenge even Galan. Would he win against Ban? Probably, but that's because it's a terrible match up for someone who steals physical strength like Ban. And besides, Gowther could manipulate King's memories the second the fight begins and make him think he already lost, so I don't see King winning there.

---------- Post added at 02:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:54 PM ----------



Agreed about hoping it doesn't turn out like DBZ.

As for Gowther being the most dangerous, I see that as being a bit less true at this point. His ability is dangerous, definitely, but I think full power Mel being able to create a chasm out of a country is a bit more dangerous than memory manipulation.

Although I do feel the need to mention that Gowther's ability to KO people under a certain spirit stat has been shown to be able to be focused on one target, and theoretically made more powerful in doing so. Remember in Vampires of Eidinburgh (am I spelling that right?)? He used a technique called "Blackout Arrow", which combined with Merlin's "Power Amplify", was able to take down Buffscanor. Going to assume that Gowther's Blackout abilities are stronger when directed at a single opponent, rather than, say, a whole city. So he could probably use Blackout Arrow on a commandment, then manipulate their memories into thinking that they lost completely and utterly while they lay there unconscious.
Well, Status promotion is still a very useful ability. He only needs to cut them a little and that would already help a lot. And yes, I think King would be able to. Not to mention Ban has a limit and Gowther is not too fast.

---------- Post added at 08:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 PM ----------

There is no way king can blitz any of the Sins in the first place.



I see Meliodas more as a technique type, his greatest Stat is Spirit and it shows, and I know Nakaba's choreographies are good but Meliodas's fighting style is amazing, Full Counter is perfect for him.

In terms of physical Strength, the top 2 will be Diane and Escanor, Meliodas will probably be close to Ban in Strength again when he will catch up. Merlin and King will be either 1st or 2nd in terms of Magic but I'd like to see the subdivision of each of their PLs before guessing final ranks, I can see Gowther or Escanor 3rd depending on the subdivision. Rather than the numerical value it's the Magic and their other specificities which will matter more IMO. We know nothing about the abilities of the STs besides Meliodas, and his Physical Clone is a game changer already, he can create a Clone with all of his actual PL and he could possibly even injure himself to use Revenge Counter, his Counter Vanish has also been cruelly underused, it's basically Antimagic.
I'm pretty sure King can speedblitz Gowther, Diane and maybe Meliodas.
 

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 8, 2009
Messages
8,384
Reaction score
12,172
Gender
Male
Country
United States
King, along with Ban and Mel, have been shown to be the faster members of the Sins. Ban's the fastest overall, but the other two are also up there, definitely moreso than the other 3 have shown.

Nakaba has done pretty well in keeping Gowther's power as dangerous as Dreyfus believed, as shown with his tendency to take Gowther out of the bigger fights early on, like he did when the Sins were fighting against Hendy. Having him trick Galan pretty much sealed the deal that Gowther's Invasion is pretty OP.
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,666
Reaction score
61,361
Gender
Male
Country
France
I'm pretty sure King can speedblitz Gowther, Diane and maybe Meliodas.
What is your basis for this? In the end they'll all be of similar level, the fastest can overwhelm the slower for a while but they will all need to have a reaction speed good enough to keep up. It was like that when Meliodas fought Diane for the first time, or Ban, even though Ban was faster, he fought even King recently so I wonder why you think King can speedblitz him. When an opponent is overwhelmed by attack the durability has importance too, someone like Diane can tank powerful attacks and retaliate with one of her own.
 
Last edited:

overlordpringerx

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 18, 2015
Messages
852
Reaction score
311
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
What is your basis for this? In the end they'll all be of similar level, the fastest can overwhelm the slower for a while but they will all need to have a reaction speed good enough to keep up. It was like that when Meliodas fought Diane for the first time, or Ban, even though Ban was faster, he fought even King recently so I wonder why you think King can speedblitz him. When an opponent is overwhelmed by attack the durability has importance too, someone like Diane can tank powerful attacks and retaliate with one of her own.
I'm not sure about Meliodas. I just think it might be possible. But Diane and Gowther are not too fast. And King is pretty powerful
 

Rescorlian

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2015
Messages
1,067
Reaction score
503
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
France
Look at it this way though; of King, Ban and Gowther, which ones do you see surviving against the commandments as they are now? King would get slaughtered even if he used True Chastifol (let's face it, he'd pass out from blood loss long before he managed to damage his opponent), but Ban could go toe to toe with the physical Galan by stealing half his strength, and that's without his ST, which may very well increase his capacity. Then we have Gowther, who saved literally everyone there from dying by manipulating Galan's memories into that he already killed them.

Sorry, man, but King is the second weakest in my book because he doesn't have the power to maintain his own strongest form, which I might add is still not enough to challenge even Galan. Would he win against Ban? Probably, but that's because it's a terrible match up for someone who steals physical strength like Ban. And besides, Gowther could manipulate King's memories the second the fight begins and make him think he already lost, so I don't see King winning there.

---------- Post added at 02:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:54 PM ----------



Agreed about hoping it doesn't turn out like DBZ.

As for Gowther being the most dangerous, I see that as being a bit less true at this point. His ability is dangerous, definitely, but I think full power Mel being able to create a chasm out of a country is a bit more dangerous than memory manipulation.

Although I do feel the need to mention that Gowther's ability to KO people under a certain spirit stat has been shown to be able to be focused on one target, and theoretically made more powerful in doing so. Remember in Vampires of Eidinburgh (am I spelling that right?)? He used a technique called "Blackout Arrow", which combined with Merlin's "Power Amplify", was able to take down Buffscanor. Going to assume that Gowther's Blackout abilities are stronger when directed at a single opponent, rather than, say, a whole city. So he could probably use Blackout Arrow on a commandment, then manipulate their memories into thinking that they lost completely and utterly while they lay there unconscious.
Yeah, it's quiet obvious Meliodas blasting a city is more impressive than Gowther mindjacking people. But it's because we see this in a single way : the direct damage of the attack. That's why I'd hope Nabaka to introduce more "types" of attacks to diversify the fights. For exemple, Meliodas full power wouldn't be that good vs his brothers, but Escanor's ability, assuming somehow it's anti-demon, would work better. So we could have something like Gowther being more dangerous because he'd force someone to fight on his terms (spirit) rather than fighting on the opponent's term. During the last arc, Dreyfus was probably stronger than Gilthunder and as strong as hendy. Meliodas fought a hell of a long fight against both, when Gowther just completely destroyed Dreyfus by mind crushing him, it wasn't even that close. I'm hoping having this sort of possibilities rather than having the boring shonen standard of the main guy pulling his last devastating attack to win the fight.

There is no way king can blitz any of the Sins in the first place.



I see Meliodas more as a technique type, his greatest Stat is Spirit and it shows, and I know Nakaba's choreographies are good but Meliodas's fighting style is amazing, Full Counter is perfect for him.

In terms of physical Strength, the top 2 will be Diane and Escanor, Meliodas will probably be close to Ban in Strength again when he will catch up. Merlin and King will be either 1st or 2nd in terms of Magic but I'd like to see the subdivision of each of their PLs before guessing final ranks, I can see Gowther or Escanor 3rd depending on the subdivision. Rather than the numerical value it's the Magic and their other specificities which will matter more IMO. We know nothing about the abilities of the STs besides Meliodas, and his Physical Clone is a game changer already, he can create a Clone with all of his actual PL and he could possibly even injure himself to use Revenge Counter, his Counter Vanish has also been cruelly underused, it's basically Antimagic.
Escanor will probably be the first in terms of physical stats. We don't know Meliodas strength, but we can assume it's stronger than Galan since he was able to destroy his face with his bare hands. But with this enormous amount of strength, he was still unable to carry Rhita whereas Escanor had no problem swinging it with only 1 arm.
I wish we knew more about the other St's abilities like you said. We only know Meliodas' and to some extend, King's. But they seem to increase a special ability a sin has. Gowther's ST was kinda buffing the range and the dmg of his mind abilities. I'd expect the other being like that
 

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 8, 2009
Messages
8,384
Reaction score
12,172
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I'm not sure about Meliodas. I just think it might be possible. But Diane and Gowther are not too fast. And King is pretty powerful
Depending on how you view the confrontation, a case for either can be made using Mel and King's fight in the crystal caverns. They were more or less equal, though neither were really going all out.
 

overlordpringerx

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 18, 2015
Messages
852
Reaction score
311
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Depending on how you view the confrontation, a case for either can be made using Mel and King's fight in the crystal caverns. They were more or less equal, though neither were really going all out.
I know. Can't wait to see him fight again.
 

XenonVoid

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Oct 22, 2015
Messages
74
Reaction score
42
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Depending on how you view the confrontation, a case for either can be made using Mel and King's fight in the crystal caverns. They were more or less equal, though neither were really going all out.
No, that fight is not relevant in describing current Mel vs King. That was before Mel got his strength back, and now he has it, even if he's not used to having it and is somewhat weakened.

Mel is many times faster than King right now. Galan has the kind of speed to be able to escape Merlin's teleport spell radius by freaking jumping, and we've seen Mel outclass that speed completely and utterly in 136.

Right now, the strongest protagonist is Mel, hands down. Escanor seems to be able to control when his power activates at this point, but that may also be because he's in a cave, which cuts him off from the sun. So right now, Mel is the strongest, fastest protagonist out of everyone. King's speed can't hold a candle to that as he is now.

And Gowther may be slow, but let's not forget his tendency to intentionally take a hit to put his opponent in an inescapably close range of his power, like he did with Dreyfus. So even if he gets hit once, he can still use the tiny pause in his opponent's movement right after a successful hit to counterattack and begin manipulating their memory.
 
Top