Discussion Rate One Piece by arcs and sagas

ZayCon

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 19, 2010
Messages
227
Reaction score
60
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Norway
I thought it would be funny to rate both each arc and each saga individually. Writing a little about the reason for your choice is a plus, but not a must.

List of sagas and arcs:
Code:
[B]EAST BLUE:[/B]
Captain Morgan
Buggy the Clown
Captain Kuro
Baratie 
Arlong
Loguetown
[B]
BAROQUE WORKS:[/B]
Laboon
Whiskey Peak
Little Garden
Drum Island
Alabasta

[B]SKYPIEA:[/B]
Jaya
Skypiea

[B]CP9:[/B]
Davy Back Fight
Water 7
Enies Lobby
Post-Enies Lobby

[B]WHITEBEARD WAR:[/B]
Thriller Bark
Sabaody Archipelago
Amazon Lily
Impel Down
Marineford
Post-War

[B]NEW WORLD:[/B]
Reunion at Sabaody
Fishman Island
My opinion:
EAST BLUE: 8/10
Captain Morgan: 6/10
Buggy the Clown: 8/10
Captain Kuro: 9/10
Baratie: 8/10
Arlong: 10/10
Loguetown: 8/10

Very good introduction saga! Like the introduction of Usopp and the re-joining of Nami the best.
The Captain Morgan arc is the poorest one, both in this saga and in the whole manga. Doesn't mean it's bad though.

BAROQUE WORKS:9/10
Laboon: 8/10
Whiskey Peak: 8/10
Little Garden: 9/10
Drum Island: 10/10
Alabasta: 10/10

One Piece started for real in this saga, even though it was awesome before too. Alabasta is the best arc, as the composition of it and the plot is very good.
The poorest arc in this saga is the Laboon arc, even though it's touching and funny. Get some good details about traveling the grand line in it too.

SKYPIEA:9-10/10
Jaya: 9/10
Skypiea: 10/10

Skypiea arc was also very good. Some interesting things was introduced here, everyone got stronger etc.
Jaya is the poorest, even though it was really good.

CP9:10/10
Davy Back Fight: 9/10
Water 7: 10/10
Enies Lobby: 10/10
Post-Enies Lobby: 10/10

This saga is filled with epicness! Enies Lobby is awesome in every way (the fights are so frigging good).
Davy Back Fight stands as the poorest arc here. Really good and funny nonetheless though.

WHITEBEARD WAR: 10/10
Thriller Bark: 9/10
Sabaody Archipelago: 10/10
Amazon Lily: 9/10
Impel Down: 10/10
Marineford: 10/10
Post-War: 9/10

Probably the best saga in One Piece atm. Impel Down and Marineford was PERFECT!
Poorest arc is either Amazon Lily or Post-War.

NEW WORLD: 8/10
Reunion at Sabaody: 9/10
Fishman Island: 8/10

I can't say I'm disappointed over this new saga, but I hope the Fishman Island arc ends soon. I want the straw-hat crew to travel further right away.
 
Last edited:

H.M.K

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2009
Messages
82
Reaction score
80
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
This is very interesting thread its good to say what other people think for me


EAST BLUE: I will give it 7/10
Captain Morgan 5/10
Buggy the Clown 6/10
Captain Kuro 7/10
Baratie 6/10
Arlong 9/10
Loguetown 7/10

the best arc here is Arlong it was very good the background of Nami family was will written it was very sad I almost cried during that moment, the fight was also good it also has a lot of funny moment like with two swordsmen and Usopp, also the fight with Arlong and Luffy was good.

BAROQUE WORKS: I am going to rank this arc is the forth in my list I am going to give it 8/10
Laboon 7/10
Whiskey Peak 8/10
Little Garden 6/10
Drum Island 7/10
Alabasta 9/10

SKYPIEA: this the third in my list I am gonna give it 9/10 but the problem with it was very long but it was very good arc
Jaya 9/10
Skypiea 9/10

CP9: this the best arc ever so far the introduction of gear second and third gear also Asura for Zoro and diable jump for Sanji, the twists in this arc was excellent the appearance of the CP9 agent the sad history of Robin every thing was good in this arc I will give it 10/10
Davy Back Fight 7/10
Water 7 9/10
Enies Lobby 10/10
Post-Enies Lobby 10/10

WHITEBEARD WAR: this is my second best arc after Enies Lobby I will give it 9/10
Thriller Bark 9/10
Sabaody Archipelago 9/10
Amazon Lily 8/10
Impel Down 8/10
Marineford 10/10
Post-War 8/10

NEW WORLD: I can't judged now but it doesn't look that good so I will wait for this one
Reunion at Sabaody the reunion was good I will give it 9/10
Fishman Island this one I will wait until it finished
 

wardudes

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 30, 2010
Messages
35
Reaction score
34
Gender
Male
Country
Romania
EAST BLUE:7/10
Captain Morgan 8/10
Buggy the Clown 5/10
Captain Kuro 8/10
Baratie 9/10
Arlong 10/10
Loguetown 10/10
I didn't like very much the East Blue arc cause it kinda streched too long at the begining with buggy and morgan but after it was really good.

BAROQUE WORKS: 9.5 /10
Laboon 8/10
Whiskey Peak 10/10 (Zoro epicness )
Little Garden 9/10
Drum Island 9/10
Alabasta 10/10
This was one of the best arcs since it really showed what the crew can do (until the EL one )

SKYPIEA: 9/10
Jaya 10/10
Skypiea 9/10

CP9: 10/10
Davy Back Fight 9/10
Water 7 10/10
Enies Lobby 10/10
Post-Enies Lobby 10/10
Simply awesome

WHITEBEARD WAR: 9/10
Thriller Bark 8/10
Sabaody Archipelago 8/10
Amazon Lily 10/10 ( loved the fight there )
Impel Down 9/10
Marineford 10/10
Post-War 9/10
My second favourite arc after EL.

NEW WORLD:
Reunion at Sabaody
Fishman Island
Can't judge it now since it is still going on after it finishes we can say how good or bad it is , but until now it's an 8.
 

Zehahaha

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 7, 2009
Messages
8,500
Reaction score
5,713
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
EAST BLUE: 8/10
Captain Morgan 6/10
Buggy the Clown 5/10
Captain Kuro 8/10
Baratie 8/10
Arlong 9/10
Loguetown 5/10

It was quite awesome and entertaining, it had some epic moments, but nothing really special, it was just the beginning anyway.

BAROQUE WORKS: 9/10
Laboon 7/10
Whiskey Peak 7/10
Little Garden 6/10
Drum Island 8/10
Alabasta 10/10

It was the Albasta arc the most entertaining one, especially Crocodile Vs Luffy, and the apparition of Ace !

SKYPIEA: 10/10
Jaya 9/10
Skypiea 10/10

I simply liked the idea of Skypiea, Oda did a good job showing us technology there and stuff, and also, Norland and Calgara it was really beyond epic. It's the flashback that made like this arc, and Enel's powers too.

CP9:
Davy Back Fight 5/10
Water 7 7/10
Enies Lobby 10/10
Post-Enies Lobby 8/10

Awesomness. That's all I have to say, it was really great since the Water 7 arc. And the fights at Enies Lobby were perfect, the emotions were there too !

WHITEBEARD WAR:
Thriller Bark 8/10
Sabaody Archipelago 8/10
Amazon Lily 5/10
Impel Down 10/10
Marineford 10/10
Post-War 9/10

What can I say... WB effect. I loved this mainly because of the war at the summit, it was GREAT ! The best saga so far imo !

NEW WORLD: ?
Reunion at Sabaody 8/10
Fishman Island ?

Well, I'm not excited for Fishman Island arc mainly because of NFP and all this drugs mess, but I'll wait and see I guess
 

bittman

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 8, 2006
Messages
1,746
Reaction score
929
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
I think my standards are too high =P

EAST BLUE: 5/10
Captain Morgan 2/10
Buggy the Clown 2/10
Captain Kuro 4/10
Baratie 4/10
Arlong 9/10
Loguetown 6/10

East Blue was the setup, but honestly the start bored me a little. It wasn't until the Arlong arc that I thought "Oh, this is actually an amazingly good manga". The rest of the arcs were meh, even only ok in hindsight.

BAROQUE WORKS: 7/10
Laboon 1/10
Whiskey Peak 3/10
Little Garden 4/10
Drum Island 5/10
Alabasta 9/10

A good saga, but again with a dull start. Laboon is only interesting in hindsight, Whiskey Peak failed to create real emotion, Little Garden was only notable for Giants, Drum was only saved because Chopper is a good character. Of course Alabasta itself was phenomenal.

SKYPIEA: 6/10
Jaya 5/10
Skypiea 7/10

Not my most favourite saga, Skypeia dragged on too long even though Enel was a great villain.

CP9: 9/10
Davy Back Fight 7/10
Water 7 8/10
Enies Lobby 10/10
Post-Enies Lobby 8/10

The greatest saga, without a second thought. Even the Davy Back Fight arc is better than people give it credit for (no really, read it again it's actually good). Enies Lobby is almost faultless as an arc, and the setup from Water 7 left us wanting more.

WHITEBEARD WAR: 6/10
Thriller Bark 7/10
Sabaody Archipelago 6/10
Amazon Lily 3/10
Impel Down 8/10
Marineford 6/10
Post-War 4/10

A good saga, but even at the time I struggled to enjoy a lot of what was going on here. Thriller Bark (imo) is it's own saga, and it did well on it's own, particularly thanks to Brooke's flashback. Amongst the actual WB War Saga, Impel Down stands out as the better arc, I'm re-reading it now. The rest were either bridging arcs and ultimately the war where the most exciting thing were the cameos that appeared. Marineford could have been a 4/10 if it wasn't for Akainu who rescued the arc by being a cold hearted bastard, and I love me a decent villain.

NEW WORLD: ?/10
Reunion at Sabaody 3/10
Fishman Island ?/10

Can't rate what I have not finished seeing. Reunion was nothing special, shouldn't even qualify as an arc.

So there you go, sorry if it seems harsh, but if this is how I rate my favourite running manga imagine ratings for something which is just actually terrible (lolbleach).
 

Gotenkss

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 15, 2011
Messages
269
Reaction score
75
Gender
Male
Country
India
EAST BLUE: 7/10
Captain Morgan : 6/10
Buggy the Clown: 5/10
Captain Kuro: 7/10
Baratie : 8/10
Arlong: 10/10
Loguetown: 5/10

Buggy and Morgan were not that exciting. Ussop sama entry started the true fun.

BAROQUE WORKS: 6/10
Laboon: 5/10
Whiskey Peak: 6/10
Little Garden: 7/10
Drum Island: 8/10
Alabasta: 9/10

SKYPIEA: 4/10
Jaya: 3/10
Skypiea: 6/10

Skypeia dragged on too long

CP9:9/10
Davy Back Fight: 5/10
Water 7: 8/10
Enies Lobby: 10/10
Post-Enies Lobby: 8/10

WHITEBEARD WAR:9/10
Thriller Bark: 7/10
Sabaody Archipelago: 8/10
Amazon Lily: 8/10
Impel Down: 9/10
Marineford: 8/10
Post-War: 7/10
 

Ero-Sanji

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 25, 2009
Messages
3,195
Reaction score
2,554
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
EAST BLUE: 7/10
Captain Morgan 5/10
Buggy the Clown 4/10
Captain Kuro 8/10
Baratie 9/10
Arlong 9/10
Loguetown 5/10

The most underrated saga to be honest, but I guess that's natural since it was the intro. Three things stood out, though, and those were Kuro, Sanji and Arlong. The brilliance of Oda's mind was shown when he introduced Kuro, the part where he always corrected his glasses with the downside of his palm was pure genius...! Sanji, is my favourite so there's no wonder why I liked that part. Baratie also showed us the power of will and self sacrifice as well as Mihawk. The arc had a lot of info on the Op world, great arc, imo. What made Arlong Park good? Many things, the scene where nami stabs herself, Arlong declaring that he never broke the promise(pure evilness, indeed) and Luffy's victory roar!

BAROQUE WORKS: 8/10
Laboon 5/10
Whiskey Peak 9/10
Little Garden 8/10
Drum Island 6/10
Alabasta 10/10

Sanji shone at Alabasta and when he shines I am satisfied. Alabasta offered so much, action, information, reality and Ace. The Baroque works agents were a colorful bunch and Zoro learned to cut metal. Laboon, was a little sad but not so much entertaining, while Drum Island was a little wierd. Little garden had me hooked, though.

SKYPIEA: 10/10
Jaya 10/10
Skypiea 9/10

This is the best Saga, though Alabasta was the best arc, imo. This saga was very planned out and contributed rich history, flavourful environment and Enel. Back in the days Oda really knew how to create brilliant and unique characters. I've never met such a character as Enel and today he's my favourite villain, in One piece. Even though the general concept of the arc is borrowed from American history, Oda managed to make it fresh and new.

CP9: 7/10
Davy Back Fight 3/10
Water 7 6/10
Enies Lobby 10/10
Post-Enies Lobby 8/10

Davy Back fight was a forced arc, it was tasteless a little to exaggerated humour and just plain. The Noro noro beam was also just too much, it wasn't until the end of the arc that it became interesting. That is until mister Ice time came along. Water 7 had a really slow start but like Skypiea a really beautiful environment and it really brought forth the whole adventure feeling of exploring and the whole Robin dilemma was thrilling. Ennies Lobby arc just like Alabasta was flawless. It had everything I wished for, simply...

WHITEBEARD WAR: 8/10
Thriller Bark 5/10
Sabaody Archipelago 8/10
Amazon Lily 5/10
Impel Down 10/10
Marineford 9/10
Post-War 10/10

In my oppinion it would have been the best saga if it weren't for TB. The only things holding that arc up was Zoro, Kuma and Brooke, the rest was kind of boring. Even though it was unexplored territory it didn't bring the adventurous feeling that Skypiea, Alabasta and Water 7 brought. Moria was annoying and so was the Hogback, Absalom and Perona, oh, that was everyone... However, SA, brought just that feeling with the introduction of a new admiral, the supernovas and more information on the WG and the existence legal slavery. The supernovas also reminded me of the amazing skill that Oda has in creating unique characters. Amazon Lily arc was necessary that is all. ID was amazing and Oda showed us his best skill that is bringing back old characters. The war was unique in the battle manga universe, imo, could have been less irregular in the pacing and along with the post war arc it was really interesting to see what would happen after these great tragedies.

NEW WORLD: ?
Reunion at Sabaody 7/10
Fishman Island ?

The reunion was excited but a little to enigmatic but it opened up good. Fishman Island is not the best of Oda's work but much better that TB(not including Kuma ending) and Davy back fight arcs. Hody's extremist visions are a new and unexplored territory in the Op world, as of yet, and I actually think that his motives are more natural than most of the villains, even though it has not met my expectations it's entertaining.
 

weixiaobao

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 4, 2006
Messages
4,323
Reaction score
917
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Bump, reading other people's opinion is pretty awesome. I need to reread them to rate them accurately. Since I am not doing that, then this is a rough rating base on my first reaction. They are not all correct during the time of the reaction.

EAST BLUE:
Captain Morgan- kinda bad
Buggy the Clown- meh but kinda funny
Captain Kuro- meh
Baratie- ahhh, introducing multiple forces with Mihawk
Arlong- kay gets my attention
Loguetown- look at all them Devil fruits.

*Actually I was about 10 or 11 at the time, so I must have really lmao while reading. Though, I like Yaiba a lot more at the time*

BAROQUE WORKS:
Laboon- wait what Laboon, you have always been relevant the whole time.
Whiskey Peak- Zoro is cool
Little Garden- didn't even know this arc exist for a while
Drum Island- I think I only like the ending
Alabasta- funny at time, interesting at others, Crocodile kinda cool

SKYPIEA:
Jaya- hmm, I can feel the adventure.... Getting seriously hype up for One Piece for the first time...
Skypiea- holy shit..kay.. holy shit... kay.. wait what holy shit ..holy shit.... wow... so they all are connected somehow... Man I totally get it.. Oda...

CP9:
Davy Back Fight: hmmm, One Piece humor really losing me here
Water 7: what is going on... I don't know what is going on. OMG.. OMG.. is this seriously happening.. How the hell are they going to catch up...

Enies Lobby: kay fodders fighting each others.. kay these poses are kinda cool... kay the fightings are kind of kind of cool but boring... (reread).. oh wow this kinda fucking awesome. Is this like the most awesome thing ever?? MERRY.... T____T

Post-Enies Lobby- ahh, they are going to see the mermaids (nope not gonna happen for the next few years)

WHITEBEARD WAR:
Thriller Bark: hmmm kinda lost my attention for a while but upon reread, very funny.
Sabaody Archipelago: oh cool random people, oh cool, wait.. wait.. what the hell is happening... O_________O
Amazon Lily: oh gosh, Oda is not going there. He went there. He totally went there.
Impel Down: oh 3-kun, 2-kun, ah, Croc again...

Marineford: Why are there so many people, why is Marco is a flame logia, why are there so many damn flame logia (akainu, ace, marco). Why are people comparing dick size? Yay, Luffy, Yay, random fights without finish. Oh gosh, Yay, Luffy rescue Ace. Aww, White Beard gonna kick the bucket soon. O__________O What just happened? Oh Oda, this is not cool, are u going to bring Ace back as a zombie. T___T nope he is dead. Go WhiteBeard.. T___T Oda is so corny and cheesy with the die while standing cliche T___T

NEW WORLD:
Reunion at Sabaody: okay, not sure whether this is a master piece or not...

Fishman Island: didn't bother reading it for a while. I think I didn't read for months. (watching the condensed anime), this is kinda awesome. The adventure is kinda awesome. (Once finish), wow, the strawhats kinda unnecessary in this arc. lol, if Hody success, he would just wither up as an old man. No need for Luffy to rescue Fishman Island.

Punk Hazard: Okay, okay, nice Law vs Smoker is awesome, okay, okay, okay, okay, okay, okay... are we supposed to care for the children?? okay okay okay... Wow, Law is so so so so so hax...

Dressrosa- wow so much tension... no people this is too early to say this is a tournament arc... why are most of DD's subordinates so damn ugly... Okay.. hahahahaha (Bart + Chinjao + Cabbage are hilarious).... Oh wow, didn't I just read about meteors falling from Naruto??......


****For the people that accusing me as being a fan boy, I started reading One Piece before 2000. And then there was a time gap once I got to the USA. Bought American Shonen Jump around 2003. I was introduced to online manga around 2005-2006. The saga that was currently going on was CP9. So in essence, Skypiea pumps me up a lot. Once I caught up to Water 7, I found Enies Lobby was boring. Yes, I did. I found the arc boring. I didn't reread until the whole saga was over. Then I follow the same pattern and found whatever currently going on was boring until I reread the whole saga once they are over.
 
Last edited:

Zehahaha

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 7, 2009
Messages
8,500
Reaction score
5,713
Gender
Male
Country
Morocco
I do certainly rate Marinford above anything else, but if I have to disregard Marinford, I'd say Enies Lobby followed closely by both Arabasta and Skypiea (what made like Skypiea was the " adventure " vibe it gave)
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
List of sagas and arcs:
Code:
[B]EAST BLUE:[/B] - 6/10
Captain Morgan - 7/10
Buggy the Clown - 6/10
Captain Kuro - 3/10
Baratie - 5/10
Arlong - 7/10
Loguetown - 7/10 (who could forget Luffy on that execution stand? so epic)
[B]
BAROQUE WORKS:[/B] - 6.5/10
Laboon - 3/10
Whiskey Peak - 6/10
Little Garden - 2/10
Drum Island - 4/10
Alabasta - 7.5/10

[B]SKYPIEA:[/B] - 6/10
Jaya - 4/10
Skypiea - 6/10

[B]CP9:[/B] - 9/10
Davy Back Fight - 6/10
Water 7 - 8/10
Enies Lobby - 8.5/10
Post-Enies Lobby - 7/10

[B]WHITEBEARD WAR:[/B] - 6.5/10
Thriller Bark - 6/10
Sabaody Archipelago - 7.5/10
Amazon Lily - 6.5/10
Impel Down - 7/10
Marineford - 7/10 (only this high because of Luffy)
Post-War - 6/10

[B]NEW WORLD:[/B] - 6/10 (so far)
Reunion at Sabaody - 7/10
Fishman Island - 5/10
---------- Post added at 12:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:13 AM ----------

The Water 7-Enies Lobby arc was the best, IMO. Enies Lobby was probably better than Water 7 if those two have to be separated.
 

danzouismadara

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 26, 2008
Messages
2,951
Reaction score
640
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I thought impel down was the funniest because of buggy--which is why its my favorite. My second favorite is Marineford, since we got to see the power of a yonkou plus shanks epic entrance. My third favorite is saboady, because of all the supernovas and kizaru. My bottom two would have to be thriller bark and arlong.
 

Don Chinjao

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Sep 10, 2013
Messages
249
Reaction score
28
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
Greece
Ok the fact iam a fan of one piece wont affect the voting meaning ill vote without going easy on the stuff so far because its one of my favorites animes/mangas so here it goes

Best arc's in east blue are with buggy the clown because he make me cry from laughs with his actions baratie because of sanji and the appearance of mihawk and loguetown because of the mystery the arcs of captain morgan/captain kuro and arlong were boring because in both arcs the anemies where super weaks and boring the only good captain kuro arc has is some of ussops and that jangos funny moments thats it

EAST BLUE:
Captain Morgan 4/10
Buggy the Clown 8/10
Captain Kuro 5/10
Baratie 7/10
Arlong 5/10
Loguetown 8/10

Labbon saga was boring sam goes for Drum Island that was slightly abover the average arc i enjoyed all the funny moments but the action with wapol was disapointed he turned out to be way weaker than what i thought. Alabasta was the best arc it had everything

BAROQUE WORKS:
Laboon 3/10
Whiskey Peak 6/10
Little Garden 7/10
Drum Island 6/10
Alabasta 10/10

Well mock town was a bit boring it had few funny moments thought the Skypie arc was almost perfect with all that mystery it surounded

SKYPIEA:
Mock Town 5/10
Skypiea 9/10

All the arcs were very good there and enies lobby arc was as good as alabasta arc was with a very lucci been a very good enemy
CP9:
Davy Back Fight 8/10
Water 7 8/10
Enies Lobby 10/10

Thrillerbark was a disapointed arc it had funny moments but all the enemies were pretty pathetic and we saw no real progress absalom was very behind the skill of sanji the fight of zoro vs the samurai wasnt as good as i hoped and moria was a very big disapointment as a main enemy because it terms he was much weaker tha the previous main enemies luffy fought Only the undead oar fight was interesting but he got beaten easy by luffy and the only reason iam giving 5/10 is mostly of kuma appearance at the end and oars fight otherwise its for rate below 5/10 arc. The sabaody arc was great amazon lily a funny arc with impel down and marineford arcs been the best arcs yet


WHITEBEARD WAR:
Thriller Bark 5/10
Sabaody Archipelago 8/10
Amazon Lily 7/10
Impel Down 8/10
Marineford 10/10

The reunion was good because it was expected and the fishman island as a story arc was good but still there wasnt any true progress since all the enemies including hordy been increadible weak i would about to rate it below 4/10 but it gives a good message to the ppl about the steroids and drugs that are danagerous for the health plus the whole race racist is a problem exists until now is another good message this arc sends other than than its a weak arc

NEW WORLD:
Reunion at Sabaody 7/10
Fishman Island 4/10
 
Last edited:

deleted

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2010
Messages
51
Reaction score
36
Gender
Hidden
Country
Earth Kindom
EAST BLUE: 7/10
Captain Morgan 8/10
Buggy the Clown 5/10
Captain Kuro 4/10
Baratie 8/10
Arlong 10/10
Loguetown 8/10
The introduction to the main cast and the beginning of the journey. A good start. The low rating for the Captain Kuro arc though is because I personally did not like the pacing – some things in that arc dragged on endlessly. Favorite arc has to be Arlong simply because I have reasons (heap of feels).

BAROQUE WORKS: 5/10
Laboon 6/10
Whiskey Peak 4/10
Little Garden 7/10
Drum Island 8/10
Alabasta 10/10
The saga that made me lose interest in the series for a while. Although the fight between Zoro and Luffy is considered epic by most and is often mentioned in fanfiction for various reasons I probably share Nami’s feelings on it. I liked Vivi’s introduction as the princess and Igaram’s appearance though (gotta love him). Best part of the saga is of course the Alabasta arc. I mean, we’re introduced to Ace, we see some epic fights from all the Straw Hats and I especially liked the part where Tashigi put everything she knew and fought for and how she was fighting for it into question.
That’s some serious character development!


SKYPIEA: 9/10
Jaya 9/10
Skypiea 9/10
I am a hopeless romantic and dreamer. That’s why I simply loved this whole saga even though it also had its problem with pacing at times. But the story of Norland, the Skypieans and Blackbeard’s speech were touching and inspiring (but I still want to see him burn!!!). And all the foreshadowing with Roger having left his signature on the Poneglyph… Oda you little tease!

CP9: 9/10
Davy Back Fight 7/10
Water 7 9/10
Enies Lobby 10/10
Post-Enies Lobby 10/10
Second favorite saga after the Whitebeard War. But I still can’t bring myself to watch Usopp’s and Luffy’s fight. For me this fight is what for most people Ace’s death must be like: I cry buckets and I feel like throwing up. Robin admitting she wants to live is one of the most heart-wrenching things and Merry’s sacrifice and bravery is something never to be forgotten!

WHITEBEARD WAR: 10/10
Thriller Bark 9/10
Sabaody Archipelago 10/10
Amazon Lily 9/10
Impel Down 10/10
Marineford 10/10
Post-War 10/10
Absolute favorite saga through and through. I’m just glad I am immune to the feels here otherwise I would destroy myself on a regular basis with how often I read it/ watch it, although the separation on Sabaody is really hard on me. Ace admitting he wants to live makes me cry harder than his actual death. (You’re allowed to kill me now…)


FISHMAN ISLAND SAGA: 9/10
Reunion at Sabaody 8/10
Fishman Island 10/10
Although most don’t seem to share my love for it I like this saga for various reasons: A family reuniting and setting sail again, a kingdom reflecting the cruelty of being shunned for obvious (and not so obvious) bias, the struggle against it, the unfairness that comes with life, the joy of finally succeeding after facing so much adversity…
I really don’t understand why people dislike this saga so much….


PIRATE ALLIANCE: ?/10
Punk Hazard 9/10
I am no Torao fangirl but even I was happy to see him and let’s just admit it: Pirate Alliance kicks ass and is pure comedy gold!
Dressrosa : Although it is still ongoing and some things have been a bit predictable I will give this arc a solid 8/10 simply because of the foreshadowing and because I love these little dwarves, little fangirl Bartolomeo and Mister Soldier!
 

danzouismadara

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 26, 2008
Messages
2,951
Reaction score
640
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I really liked all the arcs except the arlong and davy arc
 

deleted

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2010
Messages
51
Reaction score
36
Gender
Hidden
Country
Earth Kindom
I thought arlong was super annoying lol ruined the whole arc.
So true but that's just the reason why I am so glad Luffy beat him up. :umad
His never-ending speech about what species is better can grate on ones nerves.
 

Jabman

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 14, 2013
Messages
379
Reaction score
179
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
I am one of those people who forced himself to watch one piece because I know it gets good later on. So my views on SOME earlier arcs are pretty negative with the exception of a certain few. Even when one piece got good. I still found certain episodes horrible even though they weren't filler. I understand Oda's style and I think it is important to play things slow sometimes and not to rush and I hope he doesn't change his ways ever. But I am easily bored by a lot of stories that are crusial and must be told.

EAST BLUE:
Captain Morgan 6/10
Buggy the Clown 3/10
Captain Kuro 3/10
Baratie 10/10 (Up until water 7 this was my favourite arc and what kept me hooked to One Piece. Hwak eyes was a huge part of it as well)
Arlong 2/10 (was bored to death by this arc but like every other episode I sat through and watched it from start to finish)
Loguetown 9/10 (loved this one too)

BAROQUE WORKS:
Laboon 7/10
Whiskey Peak 5/10
Little Garden 4/10
Drum Island 3/10
Alabasta 8/10 (Ace, smoker, epic zoro, epic snji, deser)

SKYPIEA:
Jaya 3/10
Skypiea 7/10

CP9:
Davy Back Fight 5/10
Water 7 10/10
Enies Lobby 10/10
Post-Enies Lobby 9/10

WHITEBEARD WAR:
Thriller Bark 4/10 (Could not stand this arc. If it wasn't for the comedy and Kuma I would rate it a 1/10)
Sabaody Archipelago 6/10
Amazon Lily 10/10 (the worst Generation was pretty awesome, Also introduction of Law and Reiyleg)
Impel Down 4/10 (just wanted it to finish)
Marineford 10/10 (best part of One piece thus far although Dressrosa is lookin pretty awesome)
Post-War 10/10

NEW WORLD:
Reunion at Sabaody 9/10
Fishman Island 1/10 (This arc felt like filler to me)
 
Last edited:

Uzumaki D bleach

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Nov 14, 2013
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
EAST BLUE: - 7/10
Captain Morgan - 6/10
Buggy the Clown - 5/10
Captain Kuro - 4/10
Baratie - 6/10
Arlong - 7/10
Loguetown - 9/10 (who could forget Luffy on that execution stand? so epic and zoro's swords n smoker inro n the mystery of dragon)

BAROQUE WORKS: - 8.5/10
Laboon - 4.5/10
Whiskey Peak - 8/10
Little Garden - 6.5/10
Drum Island - 6/10
Alabasta - 9/10

SKYPIEA: - 9/10 (enel my favorite villain so OP and yet so underrated, great saga)
Jaya - 7/10
Skypiea - 9/10

CP9: - 9.5/10 Amazing saga davy arc underestimated but they forget that aokiji was introd into that arc or i consider it to be part of that arc.)
Davy Back Fight - 8/10
Water 7 - 8/10
Enies Lobby - 10/10
Post-Enies Lobby - 9/10 (garp hilarious ace n bb fight)

Thriller Bark - 8/10 (underated not as epic all up as other sagas yohohohhohoh but it is the funniest one)

WHITEBEARD WAR: - 10/10 (wb need i say more?)
Sabaody Archipelago - 9.5/10 Tenrybuto luffy ray san it was very good
Amazon Lily - 9.5/10 hancok lol
Impel Down - 9/10
Marineford - 10/10
Post-War - 10/10

Reunion Saga - 8/10
Reunion at Sabaody - 8/10 (#7 and #1lol)
Fishman Island - 8.5/10 (nose bleed and one eyes)

Dressrosa saga
Punk Hazard - 7/10 cc was a cunt
Dressrosa 9/10 (so far) dofa is super awesome
 
Top