Raw Scanning - need opinions

Which looks better

  • First one

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Second one

    Votes: 15 71.4%

  • Total voters
    21

Crayola

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 9, 2007
Messages
1,195
Reaction score
1,886
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Hey, err... I wasn't exactly sure which forums to post this thread, so I thought this might be the best one.

So, I've started scanning P2! Volume 2 and right now, I'm trying to decide on which settings to use when scanning. In the following 2 images, I'm not sure which of the two looked closer to the original colors because I personally can't tell which it might be closer to, but I figured I might as well ask people out there which looked better and just use that setting and whatnot.




It's currently tied 1-1, vote more plz!!
 
Last edited:

hatsuharupeace

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 9, 2007
Messages
6,761
Reaction score
907
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
So hard to choose.... They both looked about exactly the same!!! But I think the first one looked just a bit better.
 

gnutte

Manga Editor
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
289
Reaction score
170
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Well, there's less dust in the whites in the second one. Always something.
 

GGpX

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 2, 2005
Messages
985
Reaction score
580
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Second one.
 

ibra87

天のデンマーク語
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 18, 2006
Messages
6,110
Reaction score
1,288
Country
Denmark
I'll have to stick with the second one. Looks somewhat cleaner than the first one.
 

kusiobache

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Sep 1, 2007
Messages
51
Reaction score
5
Gender
Male
Country
Macedonia
w00t your back on p2

thanks

i say the second one btw
 

abu_89

Manga Editor
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 2, 2006
Messages
393
Reaction score
4
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Second one... though I like the first one for heavier grays, the second one has crisper lines and ultimately, that's worth more. Once you resize to 1200px, you're going to lose a lot of that gray texture anyway so the more detail you can preserve from the original (a la crisp lines), the better.
 

GGpX

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 2, 2005
Messages
985
Reaction score
580
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Or be like me, and resize to 1,115x1,600.

Bigger is better~
 

abu_89

Manga Editor
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 2, 2006
Messages
393
Reaction score
4
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
but then, the filesizes are bigger too.. :|
 

GGpX

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 2, 2005
Messages
985
Reaction score
580
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
That's okay.
 

kusiobache

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Sep 1, 2007
Messages
51
Reaction score
5
Gender
Male
Country
Macedonia
hmmm so hows this coming along? jw lol
 

Crayola

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 9, 2007
Messages
1,195
Reaction score
1,886
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
United States
not very well, as I am busy most of the week working on editing chapters, rather than scanning these volumes
 

OhDearMoshe

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 31, 2007
Messages
679
Reaction score
21
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Second One. If you cant see the interference on the first one them you need to adjust your monitors brightness settings to something a bit more safe. The second one is much clearer and better defined!
 
Top