Shounen Red Sprite by YAGI Tomohiro

Spirit

Friend
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 4, 2016
Messages
8,110
Reaction score
13,058
Age
27
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Not yet. I just started reading this manga and i already love it! I know Yonkou provides raws for RS, but what's the official source for the english release?
 

KageTrigger

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 6, 2014
Messages
287
Reaction score
235
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Not yet. I just started reading this manga and i already love it! I know Yonkou provides raws for RS, but what's the official source for the english release?
Viz's Weekly Shonen Jump has officially picked it up, they'll release it weekly starting Monday. Jaimini's Box does the unofficial translations but their sites down for a few days. I hope I answered your question?

Yeah I've looking forward to what happens next in chapter 5, but raws for this series are hard to find. I guess I'll just have to wait till Monday when Viz releases it.
 

Spirit

Friend
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 4, 2016
Messages
8,110
Reaction score
13,058
Age
27
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Damn ok i'm now up to date, and aside from the pretty insane pacing so far (20-30 chapters worth of development in 4), I really do think this manga could go places. I'll try and find out who's going to be providing the raws, and may even ask Yonkou if he could try and pick them up early :nod
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Chapters 5 and 6 have already been released on Mangafox. I'll try to find the primary source, and see if i can get some spoilers :)
http://mangafox.me/manga/red_sprite/c005/1.html

The Team that is Editing Red Sprite has their own website

https://jaiminisbox.com/
 

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
First chap was pretty decent. 2nd chap was a mess pacing wise. Everything else has been pretty good so far. I appreciate the MC not being a reckless idiot and actually having a brain. The story and characters could go places
 

KageTrigger

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 6, 2014
Messages
287
Reaction score
235
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Chapter 7 is out https://jaiminisbox.com/reader/read/red_sprite_2/en/0/7/page/1

And wow I thoroughly enjoyed Alfred's introduction, it was badass, and statement making regarding the powers of the 7 children. Nice world building with the reveal of the Nalbion Kingdom and the fact that Edenia doesn't control the entire world yet. Also now we know Tatsu spent his entire six years of training in the Underground city, looking forward to a flashback of his time there hopefully. Alfred seems edgy with how much he hates Edenia for taking his siblings, but he's still like a big brother cause he's helping out the people of Nalbion. So I'm also looking forward to his reunion with Tatsu and Mono.

This was a hype chapter, it delivered imo, only hope the story can continue to deliver. The characters are good so far, with Tatsu being a good MC, and side characters.
 
Last edited:

AleTheSennin

Intl Translator
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Sep 20, 2015
Messages
57
Reaction score
8
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
is it going to end in less than 20 chapters?
 

KageTrigger

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 6, 2014
Messages
287
Reaction score
235
Gender
Male
Country
United States
is it going to end in less than 20 chapters?
Well it's possible and likely that it will get cancelled based off its rankings. Unless it suddenly rose up into a safe spot, we'll have to see some sort of super rushed ending though, for it to be less than 20 chapters.
 

Shasha23

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 14, 2015
Messages
2,547
Reaction score
1,684
Gender
Male
Country
South Africa
Wow chapter 12 was just epic, im really starting to like this manga
 

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Too bad it's getting canceled
 

AleTheSennin

Intl Translator
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Sep 20, 2015
Messages
57
Reaction score
8
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
mmm I thought this chapter was the last one but It wasn't so...
 

obamamania

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 17, 2009
Messages
2,483
Reaction score
1,053
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Well, that's a wrap as expected. It didn't end with anything close to a conclusion, it's such a shame when a manga is forced to abruptly end but the pacing in this was just too fast. At least with Iron Knight there was something resembling an ending, but this one never really left the ground. The author either was nervous to do too much intro thinking people would lose interest, or was perhaps going full throttle with action due to poor numbers and hoped it would get people interested. The failure to find a balance seems to be the death of new mangas like this, Demon's Plan will need next for similar reasons (worse story though by a lot, better art).
 

Shasha23

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 14, 2015
Messages
2,547
Reaction score
1,684
Gender
Male
Country
South Africa
I thought this manga was done but 7 new chapters have just been released

NVM all that looks like it was false information I received :8C
 
Last edited:
Top