Discussion Regarding Thorn

toil

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 7, 2018
Messages
520
Reaction score
410
Country
United States
Not quite.In chapter 306 , He is trying to grab and kill Data Jahad with his left and then Data Eduan saves him with an electric strike.And in chapter 307,He grabs Baam from his neck with his right hand .He doesnt miss an arm.
You're correct, thanks for the chapter #s, he does have both arms. The red/blue pupils on Zahard is definitely there, though.
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,677
Reaction score
61,378
Gender
Male
Country
France
By Admin's power Zahard was talking about the Thryssa I believe. Hell Joe said the same thing IIRC.

But, Zahard also talked about Admin's powers when Baam used spatial manipulation. Which is the ability that Baam got thanks to the second fragment.

So, spatial manipulation is an Admin's ability.
 

TheMoa

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 25, 2010
Messages
3,380
Reaction score
2,195
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
During Baam's fight against Data Jahad; Right after the ignition of Thorn, Data Jahad said : "It is just a faint feeling but It is like the power of the administrator" & "The power to control space,this is like the power of the administrator" ,not anytime before that.It was right after the Thorn ignition. Thus ,I think we have already been told the power of the Thorn is like that of the administrator.

For reference :Chapters 303&304
But before that, on his fight with the Hell Joe, it goes a little bit different.

The Red Thryssa says "This is the true power of the administrator, I`m going to suck all the shinsoo on the area".
Then we see Baam thinking about stopping HJ, thinking about more power, the power to control shinsoo.
We get a painel of the thorn and a painel of the souls.

HJ wonders if Baam's getting this much power from the thorn, then sees that's something else inside Baam... the colossal soul and the Blue Demon eye.
Then HJ freaks out and goes "Don't play dumb, That thing in your body!!! That's the administrator's power! How do you have that in your body?"
.
The Red Thryssa reaction is clearly about the blue demon/colossal soul than about the thorn fragment.

As we know that the thorn would have different specs on different people, I think that with Baam it boosts the Administrator like power that Baam already have.

season 2, episode 253, btw
 

zamki

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 28, 2018
Messages
129
Reaction score
259
Age
33
Country
Turkey
By Admin's power Zahard was talking about the Thryssa I believe. Hell Joe said the same thing IIRC.

But, Zahard also talked about Admin's powers when Baam used spatial manipulation. Which is the ability that Baam got thanks to the second fragment.

So, spatial manipulation is an Admin's ability.
I just do not want to lean to the idea that one of the 4 fragments of the strongest weapon in the tower is only good for amplification considering the power that the second fragment grants.
 

Ripcord

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 9, 2012
Messages
1,220
Reaction score
609
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I just do not want to lean to the idea that one of the 4 fragments of the strongest weapon in the tower is only good for amplification considering the power that the second fragment grants.
Careful! Some of us don’t have the eyes of the oracle :3c

The Thorn was split into 4 fragments for a reason, by Enryu or someone else. If the first thorn amplifies then I don’t see it as a problem because Bam was going to need a boost to all of his abilities anyway. I don’t know what the next fragment does (I will tomorrow night), but if you consider that no one else has an amplifier switch they can press, then Bam’s first fragment is pretty hax.
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,677
Reaction score
61,378
Gender
Male
Country
France
Careful! Some of us don’t have the eyes of the oracle :3c

The Thorn was split into 4 fragments for a reason, by Enryu or someone else. If the first thorn amplifies then I don’t see it as a problem because Bam was going to need a boost to all of his abilities anyway. I don’t know what the next fragment does (I will tomorrow night), but if you consider that no one else has an amplifier switch they can press, then Bam’s first fragment is pretty hax.
His post is spoiler free :amuse. The first Thorn works mainly as a basic power up, that's why he talked about amplification. Spatial manipulation has been mentioned when he was fighting Data Zahard.
 

LushuMine

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Sep 17, 2018
Messages
182
Reaction score
80
Age
30
Country
Australia
I guess the thorns have powers to control aspects of ToG reality in some level. The first thorn, I think, was the reason for Baam be able to control shinsoo at the floor of death. So, the first thorn can control Energy (shinsoo). The second thorn can control Space for what we know, a second aspect of reality.

I would not be shocked if the third/fourth could control time and soul. And then it would be able to control life and reality itself. We already know Enryu could create life.
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,677
Reaction score
61,378
Gender
Male
Country
France
I guess the thorns have powers to control aspects of ToG reality in some level. The first thorn, I think, was the reason for Baam be able to control shinsoo at the floor of death. So, the first thorn can control Energy (shinsoo). The second thorn can control Space for what we know, a second aspect of reality.

I would not be shocked if the third/fourth could control time and soul. And then it would be able to control life and reality itself. We already know Enryu could create life.
Have you been influenced by Infinity War or something? :D

We don't know if Enry can create life, it's a rumor. Like the 9000 Bangs thing.
 

projectX

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 23, 2018
Messages
284
Reaction score
218
Age
37
Country
Bulgaria
SIU '''what you see from the thorn is just a small part of its real power and purpose.The thorn can grow and evolve''.

I will said the thorn is a bridge to make a irregular evolve into axis and the real goal of Enruy is to turn son of Arlene into one of the living gods.It is not only for Zahard but some greater evil power that must bew defeated oustide of the tower.
 

zamki

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 28, 2018
Messages
129
Reaction score
259
Age
33
Country
Turkey
SIU '''what you see from the thorn is just a small part of its real power and purpose.The thorn can grow and evolve''.

I will said the thorn is a bridge to make a irregular evolve into axis and the real goal of Enruy is to turn son of Arlene into one of the living gods.It is not only for Zahard but some greater evil power that must bew defeated oustide of the tower.
It feels a bit out of stretch but it would ve interesting to see it happen.
 

Sakashi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2016
Messages
658
Reaction score
1,698
Country
Sweden
Personally, I think that the first fragment gives Baam a power up in power. What I mean by this is that he can do stronger attacks but at the same time control shinsoo around him in a godlike way if he masters it. The second fragment to me looks like it can interrupt other people’s space. When the real Jahad appeared on hidden floor no one could move but when the thorn started going insane it couldn’t be stopped and got big and at the same time we have that part Where data Eduan and Jahad got Jahad’s arm but I think that they succeded taking his arm because of the second fragment and not Data Eduan’s skill.

I also think that the third thorn fragment will be more about controlling a bigger space. To me it seems like every frag leads to Baam controlling even more around him and that’s why he is op. When he gets the 4th frag he should be able to control a entire floor in my opinion. For every frag baaam controls more space around him and that’s why he will be able to take down Jahad.
 
Top