Re: Atheism vs other religions
Well, this is the second time you turn our discussion into a matter of semantics and I'm quite sure my point was clear both times.
Evolution requires reproduction, so unless you show me a calculator which can feed, grow and reproduce, ergo which is basically alive, then your point is moot, no, we can't compare them in this context.
The formation of life took place in millions of years in an environment as big as the world, we don't have the technology yet to simulate the same processes in severely limited time and space compared to the original conditions assuming it's possible at all. As others pointed out, we're not omniscient, it has only been a few decades since we started using computers but surely the scientists will reveal more mysteries over time. Ancient tribes used to consider everything that they can't explain acts of God or supernatural forces, honestly you're voicing the modern version of their arguments.
I know what you're saying, but you're not certain what I'm saying.
My analogy has nothing to do with calculators evolving. Life is a machine. According to English speaking scientists. Life is a machine a calculator is a machine. If you don't believe that then I'm sorry, I didn't make the language.
What you're talking about is called the god of gaps argument.
That means I'd say, since evolutionists don't know, then creationism is true. Which
is a logical fallacy. I'm saying, since the
foundation of evolution is not proven, it cannot be fact. We're basing evolution on the assumption that
we'll just discover our answer is true later, so we might as well pretend like it's true now.
I'm not saying scientists have to answer anything. The problem is that they have answered it, but they didn't prove that answer.
You're saying that i'm just using semantics as an argument. I'm defending against your semantic argument.
According to webster/scientists stars are machines. Period.
"Complex machinery are inanimate devices, not living beings that can feed, reproduce and therefore evolve, so from an evolutionary perspective, they're completely irrelevant. " - You were trying to
define machinery vs. life. I corrected your definition. Plain and simple.
"A calculator isn't a living being that can evolve in millions of years to reach its current form. Living beings can reproduce and may have DNA mutations over time which is a part of evolutionary process whereas these aren't applicable to calculators or other complex machines." You're defining life and machinery. Also you're creating a logical fallacy, because my argument had to do with life beginning, not evolving.
"you can't expect a machine such as a calculator evolve in the same way living beings do because it's not alive and is incapable of reproduction. " this is a logical fallacy, because my argument had nothing to do with calculators evolving. My argument compared calculators
beginning to life
beginning.
It did not compare life evolving to calculators evolving.
Called the strawman argument.
m3J
"I think he's using the calculator example as a way to show us how impossible it is for life to have formed without help. Like how humans (directly or indirectly) make calculators, he's saying God must have created life. Which is pretty faulty in the first place." -
He was using a calculator to show that given our current laws of physics it is impossible for machinery to form by an undirected process.
He did not suggest that God must have created life. This is a logical fallacy.
He suggested that the laws of physics have changed which would testify that the theory of evolution is wrong. The correctness of the theory of evolution does not, alone, mean design is right.
Strawman.
---------- Post added at 01:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 PM ----------
It is not my responsibility to continue to show you proof when you refuse to acknowledge it. I also stated that you can research it, because I do not want to waste my time looking up the articles and evidence only for you to ignore it and come up with another ridiculous theory to disprove a possible way that life could form.
You have shown superiority. One or two cases of admittign weaknesses or incorrect argument doesn't really mean you haven't.
Yes it does, it has everything to do with the formation of life and how it involved. The Earth's environment changing continuously is how living things have evolved into what it is in order to survive. Evolution is not the theory of how life formed, but how it became into what it is now.
But we have far more proof and evidence that life formed naturally than through Intelligent Design. Nor you or anyone for that matter have given me any proof or evidence that intelligent design might be true, falling back on faith every single time.
Do you... have bad memory, selective reading, or something? Because majority of us here have said we believe in evolution because there are evidence, proof, and sound theories backing up the theory. If there were bad evidence or flimsy theories or explanation, we would not believe in evolution or not as strongly.
What's more, it looks like the theory of Intelligent Design is more due to lack of understanding and the devout still thinking the Bible should be taken literally.
I honestly think you don't understand majority of the arguments you make, or arguments you use....
Strawman and Ad hominem logical fallacy. What you think is selective reading is me ignoring logical fallacies.
Thanks to xi0 i can quickly name all your logical fallacies. I hope you all didn't think that since you're evolutionists you are unable to commit a logical fallacy..
---------- Post added at 01:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:03 PM ----------
Sure, and you're winning the WPM competition quite handily.
This is just so wrong and assbackwards. Most of all of the life we're aware of thrives in a delicate balance, stars have formed existed for eons, with quite varying degrees of stability, long before life ever existed here on Earth. In fact, the Earth has only existed for barely a third of of the age of the universe.
To suggest that because two things are a consequence of undirected action and should therefore have comparable occurrences, ignoring all other factors, is asinine. This is pure pretzel-logic.
A bit? You can't simply gloss over the fact that this comparison has no point at all. You countered yourself in your own post...
Strawman. I'm not talking about life thriving. I'm talking about it beginning.