1. Want to read legit manga from Mangahelpers?! Get in here!
  2. The new season of the Anime League is here! Tell us which new Anime of this season you liked the most so far!
  3. The 2018 Art Contest Year has finally begun!!

We're kicking off with Past & Present Photography. Showcase your photography skills!
  4. The MangaHelpers Anime Awards 2018 have entered its climax! Vote for your favorites now!
  5. MangaHelpers Oscars Contest 2018 is up and running! Select your winners now!
  6. Starting from mid-February or so we'll be going through the media gallery and sorting through the submissions there to ensure they match with our recent changes listed in the Media Gallery Guide.
    As such some media files will be removed, so please be sure to look through your media and ensure it is up to requirements If you have any questions, contact a global/admin.
Though artists in particular, everyone please do check out the [MEDIA GUIDE] , as there are information relevant for you all. Thanks!

Society Religious Discussion and Q&A Thread

Discussion in 'General World Topics' started by amar_kun, Apr 30, 2007.

1. SonOfDaws

SonOfDaws Registered User

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member

Tartaros
    And you're basing this upon...? What exactly? Anecdotal evidence?

2. xi0

xi0 あの術

最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form

Administrator

Pyke
    Except when people were effectively coerced into believing hell exists out of pure self-preservation.

3. zimbardo

zimbardo Unambiguously Directionless

Mangahelper

Holy Britannian Empire
    Trying to prove the existence, or lack thereof, of any form of afterlife appears to be a wasted venture.

I wouldn't waste my time with nonsence like that, well, not until I can finally fix the last few bugs with my machine for talking to ghosts.
    :mono
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 8, 2018, Original Post Date: Feb 8, 2018 ---
    For me, the topics of human psychology and behaviour, which can drive a religious person to act in a specific way, are much more interesting (and profitable) uses for one's time and effort.

SonOfDaws and kkck like this.
  4. SonOfDaws

SonOfDaws Registered User

Tartaros
    This guy talks a lot about stuff like that:

Long ass video, but I thought it was an interesting listen. There's probably short clips from that around, but you can probably find those yourself if you're interested.