Rest in Peace Thread | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Rest in Peace Thread

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: A flandrien won the race, but what who can tell me what a flandrien is.

Yay, ok Goods :D

hatsuharupeace

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia

Koe-kun (Can I call you that?), what's the place where you want to go the most??? Who is your manga/anime idol??? What do you aspire to be in the future???

Koen

Celestial Belgian
Reaction score
Country
Belgium

Koe-kun (Can I call you that?), what's the place where you want to go the most??? Who is your manga/anime idol??? What do you aspire to be in the future???
Well that's fine for me since koen already sounds like kun in my language -> so koen-kun would sound like kun-kun or koen-koen. On the other hand koe (is a cow in my language), so you would call me cow-kun but koe-kun sounds great if you pronounce it in one time - So I certainly allow you to call me that way

The place were I want to go most is a very difficult one. There's lots of places I want to go
- but if I close my eyes, I really want to be on a certain spot ALONE in nature. Maybe for some days on an unhabited Island that's completely alone for me. I don't see any planes in the sky, no cars on the ground, etc... No humans, etc... Just maybe a manga to read (and staring out to the sea). Don't misunderstand me, I am not a lonsome wolf but being alone doesn't always have to be negative imo
- Other places could be dreams or countries/cities I want to go to:
Countries: Australia, New-Sealand, Japan, South-america, Vietnam, cambodja, america, everything outside of europe (to explore other cultures)
Cities: mainly some major cities or metropoles
Dreams: space and the moon -> which will never happen of course

My anime idol:
1. from tengen topan gurren lagann: Simon (and Kamina). Why? Well I always admire their extremely opposite to me. I somehow believe in some limits or a fate while kamina and simon didn't, they are unstoppable no limits for them, just follow your own path - if you have done your best then you can at least be proud with what you have done. That's why the neji vs naruto fight is still the most beautiful fight in a filosofical way imo
2. I also like Kino from Kino no Tabi, great anime, someone who travels with his bike from country ot country and explores them

What I aspire in the future:
Just being happy. Money isn't that important for me. I just hope I can live a happy life with lots of good friends, a very nice/good woman, great faimily, etc, etc
In this perspective: I am certainly not a materialist but more a spiritualist -> of course this doesn't mean I don't want a house and other stuff

Last edited:

Nami

Queen of The Damned
Reaction score
Country
United Nations

*looks at the few posts above*
Why is there always football talk in the guys' threads?

And Hey!!!! I don't know you're from Belgium. Which part are you from?
I went to brussels and brugge a few years back, totally fell in love with all the chocolates, chocolates and more chocolates there!!! :love
The mussels soup is a good experience! Do you drink? Any recommendations for good belgium beer? So far I've tried Leffe and Hoegaarden Forbidden Fruit.

Koen

Celestial Belgian
Reaction score
Country
Belgium

*looks at the few posts above*
Why is there always football talk in the guys' threads?

And Hey!!!! I don't know you're from Belgium. Which part are you from?
I went to brussels and brugge a few years back, totally fell in love with all the chocolates, chocolates and more chocolates there!!! :love
The mussels soup is a good experience! Do you drink? Any recommendations for good belgium beer? So far I've tried Leffe and Hoegaarden Forbidden Fruit.
yeah guys and soccer/football they never learn

Well I live closer to brussels than bruges though I have been in both of them. The province where brussels lies, the east corner of it - right above Leuven. Bruges is the most beautifull city of belgium and I also support the soccer club (here we go again ;)).

Yes, our chocolate is well known for being excellent: especially the pralines. We can say we're very lucky, though we ourself are used to our exceptional chocolate :D (sorry for the chauvenism). Well the mussels are from holland, the zeeuwse mussels - said to be the best -but the funny thing is belgians eat more mussels (and the soup) than dutchmen.

Well I am certainly not an alcoholic but I certainly love a lot of beers and we often drink it with friends while going out. Well recommendations: hard to say because it depends on which kind since we are known for our variety (dark vs light beer, beers of 5°/pils to beers of 12° and in one beer you often have three kinds: blond, brown and tripel)

but if you have drunk leffe then you certainly will like grimbergen
if you have drunk fruity beer like hoegaarden forbidden fruit then I can advice you lindemans kriek, rodenbach, hoegaarden white (you know there's now hoegaarden lemone and frambose), lindemans peach, etc, etc

What I like the most:
duvel - very bitter - 8,5°
trappist -> you only have 7 over the whole world, 6 in belgium (1 in holland) Belgian: westvleetern, rochefort, chimay, westmalle, orval and achel
kasteelbier 11°
bush 12°

well I think I could write a paper of more than 20 pages and I think I wrote a lot already.

Last edited:

RyuSensei

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
France
Re: Anyone in for euhmmm... a Belgian beer?

+1 for the Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann/Mx0/Reborn's fan :>
Gratz on your promotion \o/

Koen

Celestial Belgian
Reaction score
Country
Belgium

+1 for the Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann/Mx0/Reborn's fan :>
Gratz on your promotion \o/
thanks and great to know whe share the same interests: TTGL, Mx0 and Reborn - they simply rock though I would like less censoring and better animation in the reborn anime given current arc

RyuSensei

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
France

yea, did you watch the 78? the animation really sucked. It was even painful to watch.

Koen

Celestial Belgian
Reaction score
Country
Belgium

yea, did you watch the 78? the animation really sucked. It was even painful to watch.
you can't be serious?

No I haven't watched because I wait for a sub but you can tell me what was worse (since I don't mind to be spoiled)

RyuSensei

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
France

It was ridiculous how they made Tsuna worried, like WE CANT LET THEM IN THIS ERA and Haru crying. Moreover, the drawings were really bad, felt like we were back at the first episodes.

baboysai

Pink Warrior
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Re: Knock, knock,... Who's there? It's...

oi koen!! I thought I should just drop by and say hi. Let's be friends, shall we?

And you can fill my emptiness too. So I'd like to ask you how's your life so far?

RyuSensei

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
France

AIBO GO TTGL THREAD!

Koen

Celestial Belgian
Reaction score
Country
Belgium

Hmmm, my life is as far as it is, it's enjoyable of course. Lemme say, I don't miss anything (except for a girlfriend at the moment and... :D) and I am completely happy with how the things are going (after some bad luck, negative experiences you never want to have)

baboysai

Pink Warrior
Reaction score
Country
Philippines

you're missing an existing girlfriend, or an ex girlfriend, or you're looking for one? which one is it? :p

Koen

Celestial Belgian
Reaction score
Country
Belgium

you're missing an existing girlfriend, or an ex girlfriend, or you're looking for one? which one is it? :p
hmmm looking for one, the prob is they are sometimes looking for me but of course it's so ME to let the things that should be smoothly not to go smoothly :D

baboysai

Pink Warrior
Reaction score
Country
Philippines

koen is speaking in a mysterious language... hm...it makes me very curious indeed...

hatsuharupeace

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Australia

Koenosaki!!! I haven't been down by your thread for ages, how's it going??

Great work with the Shounen section, and looks like you're doing work on the Psyren section as well now. :XD Wahh, you're doing so much work for MH.

And about the girlfriend thing.... I think he's talking about how he misses his ex-gf, and she misses him as well, and they both want to get back together, ne?

Koen

Celestial Belgian
Reaction score
Country
Belgium

koen is speaking in a mysterious language... hm...it makes me very curious indeed...
Koenosaki!!! I haven't been down by your thread for ages, how's it going??

Great work with the Shounen section, and looks like you're doing work on the Psyren section as well now. :XD Wahh, you're doing so much work for MH.

And about the girlfriend thing.... I think he's talking about how he misses his ex-gf, and she misses him as well, and they both want to get back together, ne?
sorry for my mysterious language but it's so awesome to be mysterious :D

no about the GF issue:
@hatsu:
1. indeed the shounen section is great, as long as there aren't spam bots ;), and psyren is awesome too -> but then again I don't hope for mx0 misfortune :)
2. depends on the experience with your ex. But why not? :D
@baboysai
what do you think is the real deal behind being mysterious? any guess ;) :)

baboysai

Pink Warrior
Reaction score
Country
Philippines

hm... the real deal behind being mysterious is... because you don't want to divulge. >.>

okay. I won't ask anymore then. :(

RyuSensei

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
France

Gratz on your promotion aibo!