Return of the Vainglorious

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
So Bob which MCU movie do you look forward to the most this year?
I'd have to say GotG 2, since Spiderman doesn't count as MCU.

BUT WE ALSO HAVE THOR. That looks like it'll be a lot of fun. I just hope Hulk gets a fair bit of screen time.

What about you?
 

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,755
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Why does Spiderman not count? :o
As that was the one I looked forward to the most. Though the other two also look awesome.
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Why does Spiderman not count? :o
As that was the one I looked forward to the most. Though the other two also look awesome.
Is it being released by Fox or Marvel?
 

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,755
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
It is a Marvel film. Or why do you think Stark is in it?
Also why Fox? If at all, Sony Entertainment. :D
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
It is a Marvel film. Or why do you think Stark is in it?
Also why Fox? If at all, Sony Entertainment. :D
I'd actually just forgotten the deal between the two.

I knew it was Sony! :darn

But still, I'm gonna have to go with GotG vol 2; I just loved the first one so much I hope the second is somewhere near there.
 

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,755
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
The first one was indeed a big surprise. I am sure they will deliver again. Especially because it is a movie about space people and they went under budget... That is... Almost ridiculous. :XD
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
The first one was indeed a big surprise. I am sure they will deliver again. Especially because it is a movie about space people and they went under budget... That is... Almost ridiculous. :XD
Oh that's interesting; I wasn't aware of that. I think both GotG and Ant-Man did really well both in terms of financial success and reception from moviegoers, as there wasn't that much expectation. Now though...the former has set the bar pretty high, not only in terms of soundtrack, but humour, action and just the right pinch of tearjerking moments.

Looking forward to it all, as well as to see how they explain Ego the living planet gaining humanoid form.
 

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,755
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I doubt they will disappoint. Apart from IM2 and 3 there weren't many not great movies. And IM3 was still good.

In the comics he does that to explore different planets. I doubt it will be much different.
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
In the comics he does that to explore different planets. I doubt it will be much different.
Oh alright, that makes sense.

Are you aware that they changed Peter's father's origin?
 

Kiki

S-kyuu Madoushi
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Joined
Aug 23, 2015
Messages
9,662
Reaction score
31,926
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Fairy Tail
Who is your favorite OP character sir?
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Who is your favorite OP character sir?
That would be Zoro :zoro
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I am. From Spartian to... That. :XD
I don't know why they didn't just go with the original parentage. Do you?
--- Double Post Merged, ---
@DiMaria Yesta Who is yours? I forgot to ask :headscratch
 

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,755
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Well they like to do it in different ways. Like Stark creating Ultron. And I think that is fine. The MCU just uses the characters.
I actually prefer their version of Civil War too. Way less characters and less of a mess.
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Well they like to do it in different ways. Like Stark creating Ultron. And I think that is fine. The MCU just uses the characters.
I actually prefer their version of Civil War too. Way less characters and less of a mess.
I don't know if I preferred the movie version since I hadn't read the comics but for sure they did a good job; especially with making use of the limited amount of characters they had introduced to the cinematic universe and at the same time setting up the following phase. Kevin Feige is a visionary in that respect.
 

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,755
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I don't know if I preferred the movie version since I hadn't read the comics but for sure they did a good job; especially with making use of the limited amount of characters they had introduced to the cinematic universe and at the same time setting up the following phase. Kevin Feige is a visionary in that respect.
Well there were a few movies who were rather meh. Like IM2, IM3, Thor, Age of Ultron. Most of the time the used the same concept too.
But it works. It is entertaining. Hell, this year might be the best MCU year yet. Showing DC once again, that they suck.
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,244
Reaction score
33,630
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Was sad to see Charlie Murphy passed away. So many laughs from his characters on Chappelle show. Tyree is probably my favourite.
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Well there were a few movies who were rather meh. Like IM2, IM3, Thor, Age of Ultron. Most of the time the used the same concept too.
But it works. It is entertaining. Hell, this year might be the best MCU year yet. Showing DC once again, that they suck.
I guess for them in broad terms it's about sticking to a winning formula and giving great visuals and actions. I think with the story growing beyond Earth we've started seeing films like Doctor Strange, GotG and Ant-Man to some extent; which are quite different to the other group from Phase 1.

Speaking of DC, are you planning on watching Justice League in cinema or gonna wait for a legit quality to stream? :teehee

Was sad to see Charlie Murphy passed away. So many laughs from his characters on Chappelle show. Tyree is probably my favourite.
I know. I was speaking to a few friends of mine about it; I didn't even know he was sick. Sad to see him go; now he can party with Prince again. :(
 

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
13,935
Reaction score
15,894
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Who's Vainglorious?
 

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,755
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I guess for them in broad terms it's about sticking to a winning formula and giving great visuals and actions. I think with the story growing beyond Earth we've started seeing films like Doctor Strange, GotG and Ant-Man to some extent; which are quite different to the other group from Phase 1.

Speaking of DC, are you planning on watching Justice League in cinema or gonna wait for a legit quality to stream? :teehee
If only the villains were not so damn episodic. The one from Dr. Strange and Ant-Man were so boring... They just used some names and went with "deal-with-it".
Hela looks great... I hope she is a real villain.

I won't watch DCs movies at a cinema. Not worth my time. Still haven't seen Suicide Squad either.
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,244
Reaction score
33,630
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
I know. I was speaking to a few friends of mine about it; I didn't even know he was sick. Sad to see him go; now he can party with Prince again. :(
And Rick James too :(
 
Top