Discussion - Robin could have the deadliest ability | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Robin could have the deadliest ability

evozoku

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
If Robin was more creative, and ruthless, I don't see why she couldn't have the best Devil's Fruit ability. How? Grow limbs (or whatever body part she chooses) INSIDE of opponents! Fighting an amazingly strong enemy? Grow fingers in their brain! Instant kill! However, if she can only grow limbs on surfaces, she could still hypothetically grow them inside the digestive tract walls. Even logia users could be vulnerable when not prepared (Enel was temporarily killed when unprepared to take serious damage to his head).

And that's my two cents.

Can you think of any other devils fruit users who could be more effective in the use of their powers?

Kazu-kun

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
If Robin was more creative, and ruthless, I don't see why she couldn't have the best Devil's Fruit ability. How? Grow limbs (or whatever body part she chooses) INSIDE of opponents! Fighting an amazingly strong enemy? Grow fingers in their brain! Instant kill! However, if she can only grow limbs on surfaces, she could still hypothetically grow them inside the digestive tract walls. Even logia users could be vulnerable when not prepared (Enel was temporarily killed when unprepared to take serious damage to his head).

And that's my two cents.

Can you think of any other devils fruit users who could be more effective in the use of their powers?
Robin's power is only limited to what she can see. It's great as she's an all around ranged fighter, but the thing is her powers are also limited to her physical strength.

By far Luffy has been best at using his powers based on his ability to push his entire body to the limit.

To be quite honest I have to say that Ao Kiji seems like the strongest devil fruit user. It's his ability to force his opponents to go at his own pace that makes him deadly.

evozoku

Reaction score
Country
United States
Actually I considered as to whether or not Robin has to be able use her power on what she can see, and there have been times where she hasn't needed too (for example in Arabasta, she stands on one side of the door while blooming arms on the other side).

I do agree that based on the limitations of their power, Luffy has pushed his quite further than most have.

treetop430

Reaction score
Country
United States
I think Smoker could simply grab someone, shove smoke down their throats, and they'd die almost immediately from suffocation. He really can do that. Most people don't die in fires because they were burned up, but because of smoke inhalation.

But Smoke isn't ruthless, so~

Impel Down

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Canada
I don't think Robin can do that, no. She has to be able to see where she's putting her limbs or whatever, and she can't see inside of a person. And given that limitation, there are plently more deadly abilities in OP than that. I'll just throw one out at random: Yami Yami no mi.

Musashi_Keiji

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Mexico
all the devil fruit powers are deadly. Even one that looked stupid, like the spring-legs, could be used to deadly force.

If the person has a knife robin could simply take their own knife and stab them in a vital area.

evozoku

Reaction score
Country
United States
but there have been times that she's used her power without seeing where she was using it (hell, technically she often closes her eyes when she does it, probably just to imagine the location... I think it's more of a distance issue).

So, I'm talking about an ability that could near INSTANTLY kill ANYONE... Most would have to put up a bit of a fight to kill anyone...

So if she can do stuff like that without seeing a location, I think she's the deadliest devils fruit user. I'm not saying we'll ever see her do something like this... we won't... I'm just saying...

Impel Down

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I believe it's said that she can only make arms sprout out of things that she can see, although it is odd that she closes her eyes when she does it.

And there's a lot of DF abilities that against an average person could instantly kill them. That doesn't exactly make her the deadliest. And if she could do such things, and I realize she'd only do them against people she hates, why didn't she cause Spandam agonizing death?

Imitorar

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Well, she probably looks at the things first. I think she needs to see it, then see it in her minds eye. So she can grow her arms out of, say, a part of Sunny without looking, because she's seen it enough times to know it well enough to see in her head perfectly. It's just easier to concentrate on the thing if she sees it in her mind's eye instead of her body's eye, so that's why she does it, but it just takes focusing on the object, it's just that seeing is necessary to achieve that intense focus.

And she wouldn't kill Spandam because it's sort of crew policy not to kill. I know that that was never said explicitly about anyone other then Luffy, but it's sort of a crew policy. I'm pretty sure that none of the Straw Hats have killed anyone since they joined the crew, and Robin probably didn't wanna break that unspoken rule, because she wanted to show that she was part of the crew and identified with Luffy's ideology, and not the ideology of the World Government. She wanted to live by the Straw Hat crew's rules, because she in her heart was a Straw Hat.

Last edited:

Impel Down

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Or because she couldn't...oh, I kid.

Anyway, personally, I feel the most deadly fruit to be Doflamingo's "fruit". True, there is no real "fruit" yet, but I imagine his ability is one. The idea that one could have two men fight and kill each other instantly kinda seems like it would be twice as deadly, not to mention far more grisly.

Imitorar

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
She could've killed him. She didn't have to break Spandam's spine. It could have been his neck.

And I don't see the point of comparing Devil Fruits. They are all pretty versatile, because Oda-sensei is very creative with how powers are used, so there isn't much point in saying "This Devil Fruit is stronger then that Devil Fruit." For every Devil Fruit, you can think of a way another Devil Fruit can beat it. Although if I had to pick one Devil Fruit as the strongest, based upon the Devil Fruit's powers alone and not how they were used, I would pick the Yami Yami no Mi. It's hard to fight such intense gravity. In fact, I can think of only one person in all of One Piece who could withstand it. Anyone wanna guess who?

Dhomochevsky

Reaction score
Country
United States
The thing I always wondered about Robin's ability though is how long before her grown limbs disappear? It seems that she can dismiss them at will but does she need to concentrate in order to keep the limbs manifested.

I think Blackbeard's fruit can be extremely powerful but it's kind of a double-edged sword since everything gravitates towards him. However he can absorb anything and release it as attack. If he learned how to use his ability to the fullest, nothing could escape from him.

Impel Down

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I don't think she needs to focus and keep them there longer. She wouldn't really need to have them for a really, really, long time, since she can take damage if they're injured.

And with BB, yeah, that's the DF's downside. Although, it's supposed to be an evil fruit anyway, so that fits in, since it hurts the user.

Dhomochevsky

Reaction score
Country
United States
I was thinking more along the lines of putting eyes or ears in places to gather info. If she could make them last indefinitely, that would be extremely useful because they could learn what the Marines are up to or something. I did forgot that Robin takes damage if her grown limbs are injured.

Although if I had to pick one Devil Fruit as the strongest, based upon the Devil Fruit's powers alone and not how they were used, I would pick the Yami Yami no Mi. It's hard to fight such intense gravity. In fact, I can think of only one person in all of One Piece who could withstand it. Anyone wanna guess who?
My first thought is Miss Valentine and her Kilo Kilo no Mi. The way I see it, she can control her density and make herself super dense that the Yami Yami no Mi wouldn't be able to suck her in. This is assuming that the Yami Yami no Mi allows Blackbeard to control his mass.

Impel Down

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Well, with the Kilo Kilo no mi, couldn't she shift her mass until she creates her own gravity vortex?

Other than her, maybe Wapol could eat BB and his gravity vortex?...do you actually want us to give you an answer?

Imitorar

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
I actually think that she does need to focus to keep a grown limb in existence. That's probably why there's the 200 limb limit. And it just makes sense that there would be a drawback to a power like that, namely, the need for sustained focus, because otherwise she could just keep making limbs until she mummified you in her own arms. This way, it puts a limit on her power, so she can't just kill everything effortlessly.

...do you actually want us to give you an answer?
Yes.

Actually, I was thinking of Luffy, since he couldn't be crushed by the extreme gravity. But Miss Valentine is also a good answer. And Wapol could also eat Blackbeard... Okay, so there are alot of people who could survive it. But it'd still be pretty hard for, say, Wapol, to get close enough to Blackbeard to eat him without being crushed. And Miss Valentine can only raise her mass to a certain point, and it'd not enough to create her own gravitational pull. But it'd still be enough to hurt Blackbeard alot if she hit him, especially with increased gravity around Blackbeard's body due to the Dark Dark Fruit.

Last edited:

Impel Down

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Actually, I just thought of a way Robin could kill someone with her power, properly. Now, the reason I didn't agree to this theory was because she needs to see where she puts her limbs. Well, she's been shown to be able to make eyes to make more arms, so, she puts one on the roof of the victim's mouth, looks down his throat, put and eye there, so on and so forth, so she can do the insta-death thing that everyone's talking about.

Imitorar

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Possible, but again, she wants to show that she's a Straw Hat and subscribes to their philosophy, which is why I don't think she'll ever kill anyone.

Impel Down

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I realize she'd never do that, I'm just saying the only way the move this entire thread is about would work.

Hm...maybe...she could do that to Oz, give her arms salt, and scrub down his entire insides with salt....good idea, me!

Eyefarted2

Banned
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
totally! she can just grow liek a million of her huge boobs!

[mod=Luckas]Stay on topic![/mod]

Last edited by a moderator: