Light Novel - Rokka no Yuusha | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France

Rokka no Yuusha
Genres: Action, Adventure, Fantasy, Magic
Story: Ishio Yamagata
Art: Miyagi
Serialized in: Super Dash Bunko

Synopsis
When “The Majin” awakes the goddess of fate will choose six warriors and bestow them with the power to save the world. Somewhere on their bodies a crest in the shape of a flower will appear and as a result the warriors are called “The Heroes of the Six Flowers”. As the day of The Majin’s revival nears, Adlet, a boy who calls himself the strongest man in the world, is chosen as one of the “Six Flowers”. But when the heroes arrived at their designated location, they found that there were seven heroes present. Which meant that one of them was an imposter and an enemy. Confused by the impossible situation, suspicion and paranoia spread among the chosen. And within a thick forest, the heroes’ fierce battle begins!

Last edited by a moderator:

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
THIS IS GOOD! It's only 2 chapters and I am completely immersed in the story, the interactions between are great, I like how Adlet acts as their conscience.

I was kinda surprised by Fremy's reaction, instead of just running away, she preferred to run away and kill her opponents :XD, I wonder what happened for Nashetania to suspect Adlet and attack him like that. It was to be excepted that they would be deceived, everything was going to smoothly

---------- Post added February 18, 2014 at 12:05 AM ---------- Previous post was February 13, 2014 at 11:27 PM ----------

They are reunited. Hans just joined them but I have the impression he already have more lines than Goldof, he seems so suspicious that I don't think he is the traitor. Chamo is a creepy child and the world's strongest woman, her discussion with Adlet was funny.

Actually I think the traitor is Mora, Fremy seems to have a dark past...

---------- Post added March 15, 2014 at 02:58 PM ---------- Previous post was February 18, 2014 at 12:05 AM ----------

Awesome! The fight between Adlet and Hans was great and the way Adlet managed to convince him, it was crazy but :hip. Mora is the one I suspected the most and her discussion with Fremy corresponds to the seventh goal, use another hero to kill Adlet... Goldof is the 2nd on my list but his discussion with Nashetania made me really feel bad for him :Haha.

The Adlet/Hans duo is great, I never suspected Hans to begin with, I hope he is not the seventh.

“a woman’s heart is an eternal mystery. Their words and their inner feelings don’t match up.”

This quote is particularly true for Fremy, she is really odd. Is she a sort of Kuudere/Tsundere?, I don't know, she said she believed Adlet was the seventh but helped him and now she says she hates him :XD. I wonder what will happen if Adlet uses the special ball at a time like this...

Adlet can't be the seventh
Fremy too
I think Chamo is just insane, not the seventh, with her strength she could beat anyone at 1VS1 anyway, third on my list by default.
Mora: The most suspicious since her apparition, she is also the only one Chamo trusts and will never attack.
Nashetania: I just don't want her to be the seventh... but if she had planned that Adlet would become a hero and tried to befriend him for that reason... Since Goldof is so loyal to her, she could even use some scheme and use his jealousy and love for her to make him kill Adlet.
Goldof: Some quotes made me suspect him more, 2nd on my list.
Hans: Seemed too suspicious but he was reasonable enough to believe Adlet and is fighting Chamo with them. He is awesome too, I don't want him to be a traitor.

FrostyMouse

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Saying more than this would be revealing the whole mystery,
I can't do it like Adlet :hip.
It's better to wait or read it, the studio is doing a great job so it will be glorious to see the future events animated.
That's fine, I started to read.

---------- Post added at 05:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:59 PM ----------

Demon,

I read Vol 1. I can't buy Nashetania's explanation for a moment. It seems that she was a half-Kyoma or something with those rabbit ears. That epilogue, though. Just, lol.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
That's fine, I started to read.

---------- Post added at 05:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:59 PM ----------

Demon,

I read Vol 1. I can't buy Nashetania's explanation for a moment. It seems that she was a half-Kyoma or something with those rabbit ears. That epilogue, though. Just, lol.

She's not half-Kyoma, the rabbit ears are hair decorations, there are more details about her story starting from volume 3, plenty of tings are not explained.

The epilogue is hilarious indeed :XD.

FrostyMouse

Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
She's not half-Kyoma, the rabbit ears are hair decorations, there are more details about her story starting from volume 3, plenty of tings are not explained.

The epilogue is hilarious indeed :XD.
Then how did she use a Kyoma skill? I feel like you can't just learn stuff...

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Then how did she use a Kyoma skill? I feel like you can't just learn stuff...
She fused her body with some Kyoma to be able to use certain of their abilities, it's not somehing everyone can do though.

FrostyMouse

Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
She fused her body with some Kyoma to be able to use certain of their abilities, it's not somehing everyone can do though.
That feels like too contrived of an explanation to me.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
That feels like too contrived of an explanation to me.
They didn't give more details about this, but it depends on the abilities of the Kyoma in question I guess.

---------- Post added August 22, 2015 at 10:50 PM ---------- Previous post was August 03, 2015 at 12:51 AM ----------

Today's episode has been delayed but Volume 4 Chapter 5 is out and Hans was freaking epic :x3. He's such a great Hero, to the point I think he has to be the Seventh because there is no one other than him among them who could be worthy rival for Adlet IMO. If Rolonia loves Adlet too it becomes a love triangle, her story was sad but I am absolutely not rooting for such a pairing.

Machi-tan

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
thank you for this post! I was getting into the Anime and thought to my self.... for once i might pick up a light novel.

Kamui

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
So far I've watched the first four episodes and at this point not much has happened other than all seven braves meeting up with one another. I guess the next episode will be about finding out who this imposter seventh member is, hopefully this will not be dragged out till the twelvth episode, that would be extremely tedious. But overall, I'm enjoying it so far, there seem to be many different personalities and I'm curious to see how they will all collaborate with one another.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
So far I've watched the first four episodes and at this point not much has happened other than all seven braves meeting up with one another. I guess the next episode will be about finding out who this imposter seventh member is, hopefully this will not be dragged out till the twelvth episode, that would be extremely tedious. But overall, I'm enjoying it so far, there seem to be many different personalities and I'm curious to see how they will all collaborate with one another.
Well, the anime adapts the first volume in 12 episodes, it's better when you when you watch everything in one go but in the book there is no pacing issues, it's quite fast even, overall reading might be more enjoyable but the adaptation was really solid, they even gave informations.

---------- Post added October 05, 2015 at 08:58 PM ---------- Previous post was September 30, 2015 at 10:22 AM ----------

Volume 4 is completed.

RIP Raina.

Hans is amazing, most likely genuine but truly frightening. He was never questioned despite some lines in this volumes but the author explained everything, and despite what he learnt he's able to joke with Fremy like that even though he must be thinking about killing her.

There is no way Fremy is aware that she is the Black Barren Flower, and very unlikely that Adlet will let her die(that hug :zomg), the fact that both he and Hans have the intel will be the key factor here. And there's her mother, who has also been tricked by Tgurneu... At his point I am starting to think that the Seventh might be unaware of his identity but Tgurneu sent a message to him with Kyoma who knew all about his plans. Pretty good group battles in this volume, everyone was awesome.

Machi-tan

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I might be late. But on an open note. I hate Goldof so much. He is so ugh gah and blegh all at the same time. Maybe he was written to be dislikable, in that case... they author wins.

He is so bull headed, haha. Volume 4 is shaping up to be some goodness. Do you know when Volume 5 is going to drop?

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
I might be late. But on an open note. I hate Goldof so much. He is so ugh gah and blegh all at the same time. Maybe he was written to be dislikable, in that case... they author wins.

He is so bull headed, haha. Volume 4 is shaping up to be some goodness. Do you know when Volume 5 is going to drop?
Six volumes are out, only Volume 5 and 6 are not translated, it'll depend on the translator's schedule.

Personally I don't hate Goldof, I liked him less before but he has been awesome in Volume 4 now that his princess is back(though I am not sure it'll be a good thing on the long run since the Heroes and Dozzu's action will split later or one side will try to make a move before the other, at least Fremy put a bomb on her) he's more composed and he's always been a badass.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
UPDATE! :gar
--- Double Post Merged, ---
A Rokka chapter can't end without a cliffhanger... There is no way Fremy knew about this. All these events could potentially lead to a confrontation between Adlet and Hans, that would be cool.

Tgurneu is such a loveable piece of shit :XD. He isn't even working for the Majin. Dozzu's theory is probably true. He could have ordered her not to make other Crests but did so and added a seventh to play with the Heroes.
Volume 5 Chapter 2 is out.

Fantastic chapter as usual.

Fremy was basically created so that Tgurneu could torment her, some parts of her story reminded me a little of Adlet's... He and Hans confrontation is so thrilling :zomg.

The Seventh ordered to stop Adlet and yet we know that Mora couldn't see Number 30, so it can't be her. Everything would point out that it's Hans, the only one who can play mind games with Adlet like that but in this case why not just reveal it? Or maybe Mora noticed it after she went to check? She's the only one with an ability like that. There's also the possibility that's it's one of the humans with some kind of tool or that Chamo did it through a Jyuma but I really don't think she could be a traitor at this point, same for Goldof, who didn't even move, even less suspicious than Chamo. Is there some kind of plot with Nashetania(and Goldof could b aware fo it again) or is it Rolonia after all?

I need to reread all the volumes...
Chapter 3 is out and it's epic as usual.

Hans's explanation makes sense but his anger for Tgurneu is real, I myself am starting to think he is the Seventh but there is nothing clear. It's either he or Hans at this point. The way Adlet tricked Mora and used her to stop Chamo was awesome.
Volume 5 Chapter 4 is out.
https://rokkathetranslation.wordpress.com/volume-5/chapter-four/
Still an amazing read. Adlet did his best but he could not have anticipated Number 14's attack. His power is a big threat.

I am not sure Nashetania will try to kill Adlet, she seemed way too confident. I can understand her saying that she could kill Chamo but Hans is always on his guard.