Seinen RRR by WATANABE Jun

MattC302

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2010
Messages
820
Reaction score
296
Gender
Hidden
Country
Marine Headquarters
Another tearjerker chapter. I'm really glad Ricky's band mates didn't blame him for missing the audition. That's the last thing he would have needed at a time like this. And Aozora coming to grips with his parents death was pretty emotional. Now he and Ricky can move forward. I bet Ricky gets a part time job in that boxing gym.
 

Roflkopt3r

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2010
Messages
2,476
Reaction score
1,663
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Another tearjerker chapter. I'm really glad Ricky's band mates didn't blame him for missing the audition. That's the last thing he would have needed at a time like this. And Aozora coming to grips with his parents death was pretty emotional. Now he and Ricky can move forward. I bet Ricky gets a part time job in that boxing gym.
Yeah that seems like a valid speculation to me, that by chance he ends up as a janitor there and that his path to boxing begins like that ^^
Loved the chapter, nice spirit there :)
 

MattC302

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2010
Messages
820
Reaction score
296
Gender
Hidden
Country
Marine Headquarters
I feel bad for them. Ricky and Aozora really deserve a break. I kind of saw that coming. Leaving a 5 year old home alone is a really bad idea. I guess the next logical step would be for Ricky to get a job at the boxing gym or be on that reality show. It all depends on if they would let Aozora tag along. I bet all the housewives would think he is cute and like having him around. I kind of want the pace of the story to pick up a little bit.

---------- Post added July 04, 2011 at 09:15 PM ---------- Previous post was June 27, 2011 at 06:13 PM ----------

Okay. I'm getting used to the pace now. Things are moving along slowly, but moving forward nonetheless.

I'm glad Ricky got a job now, but I fear that that producer just wants to use him as a stepping stone and a human punching bag for that other guy. This could bring us some awesome underdog moments though.
 

Roflkopt3r

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2010
Messages
2,476
Reaction score
1,663
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Latest chapter was nice, I'm sure Ricky can deal with anything that will be thrown at him now. He has that resolve. And don't forget that the producer loves him as he can be sold very well in his new role ;)

Gotta say that the characters of RRR are great. They grew to me in no time.
 

MattC302

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2010
Messages
820
Reaction score
296
Gender
Hidden
Country
Marine Headquarters
I'm starting to think that the MangaUpdates description of this manga is misleading. It says that Ricky and Thunder will train someone together, but I am starting to think Ricky is actually going to be the boxer. I guess we will find out soon enough.

---------- Post added July 18, 2011 at 09:52 PM ---------- Previous post was July 11, 2011 at 10:39 PM ----------

Things are going a bit slow for my tastes, but I liked how Aozora didn't want to eat so that he would be lighter to carry. What a thoughtful kid. Other than that, I'm not really much into training sequences, though things seem like they will get more serious from here on out.
 

scav

MH's Most Passionate Member
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2010
Messages
11,919
Reaction score
10,372
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
oh i like the current pace. the chapter 15 was cool. And they can't show him making progress if they don't show the training sequence. thought i feel bad for him :XD
 

MattC302

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2010
Messages
820
Reaction score
296
Gender
Hidden
Country
Marine Headquarters
Decent training chapter. Thunder is sure pushing Ricky hard. He is probably in the best shape of his life now. At first, I thought Thunder was trying to break Ricky to get him to quit, but now I think he was actually trying to break the other guy. Looks like we will get another sparring match next chapter. I hope Ricky has improved enough to knock that jerk out.

---------- Post added August 02, 2011 at 04:57 AM ---------- Previous post was July 25, 2011 at 05:35 PM ----------

For some reason, I thought the sparring session was going to be their next workout, but it's happening in the same day?!? And after Ricky had to run with ankle weights?!? He has got to be drained by now. And on top of that, they are sparring with Big Stone Thunder, a pro. Things aren't looking good for Ricky. I don't care how much natural talent Ricky has. A physically drained amateur vs. a fresh champion should be a slaughter. I kind of wanted a rematch with that jerk too. Oh well.
 

scav

MH's Most Passionate Member
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2010
Messages
11,919
Reaction score
10,372
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
i checked the raw of the volume 3, thins will go more interesting from now :thumbs
 

Roflkopt3r

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2010
Messages
2,476
Reaction score
1,663
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
It's progressing slowly, but it remains interesting. All fine :)
 

MattC302

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2010
Messages
820
Reaction score
296
Gender
Hidden
Country
Marine Headquarters
Cool fight. I'm glad that jerk got a beat down. Next up is Ricky. I'm nervous for him. I want him to do good. I don't want him to get knocked out in front of all the housewives and his nephew.
 

Googlez_kun

MH's Best Artist
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Oct 22, 2008
Messages
9,744
Reaction score
8,510
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I think Ricky will show a rather good performance.Not that he will land a hit,but he won't get knocked out and will keep standing up.Something like this.
 

Roflkopt3r

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2010
Messages
2,476
Reaction score
1,663
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I don't think the champ will knock him as badly as the other guy... Riki has to learn a bit after all, and I think he will do surprisingly fine.
 

Googlez_kun

MH's Best Artist
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Oct 22, 2008
Messages
9,744
Reaction score
8,510
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Well,i guess you're right about the fact that he won't punch him as hard as the other guy,since this was more of a punishment.However,i don't think he'll show any mercy.All we know is that it will be interesting.
 

Roflkopt3r

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2010
Messages
2,476
Reaction score
1,663
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Poor Ricky but I'm sure he actually does not have so much of a problem with the situation, as long as he can fight the desperation.
 

scav

MH's Most Passionate Member
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2010
Messages
11,919
Reaction score
10,372
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
seems like a new arc gonna start :blai
 

Googlez_kun

MH's Best Artist
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Oct 22, 2008
Messages
9,744
Reaction score
8,510
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Woah,I just caught up with it again(stopped at chapter 18 I believe).Damn,those were some fantastic chapters.Riki is so boss!

And it seems now that the introduction arc ended,the real deal is starting now.Can't wait already!
 

scav

MH's Most Passionate Member
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2010
Messages
11,919
Reaction score
10,372
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
yeah RRR is awesome, and the group translating are quite fast, like 3 chapters per week. anyway chapter 39 is out, a refreshing chapter and a new life for Rikitarou
 

Googlez_kun

MH's Best Artist
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Oct 22, 2008
Messages
9,744
Reaction score
8,510
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
They really do release those chapters quickly!

Chapter 40 was great!It seems the guy behind the mofo on the last page is a boxer and will fight his way up to the sensei,in this case it should either be president or Thunder.He might turn out to be a new rival.
 

scav

MH's Most Passionate Member
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2010
Messages
11,919
Reaction score
10,372
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
just done reading the chapter 50. i gotta say it was an awesome chapter :wtf
i really thought he was going to lose.
 

hoeru

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 22, 2011
Messages
1,558
Reaction score
705
Gender
Hidden
Country
Mauritius
So... Chapter 64 is out, and:

Ricky knocked Kamiyama out. A veeee~ery sweet finish. :D

But those two boxers at the end of the chaper... I think that youngster Yuuma is going to be Mori's debut. (maybe a bit too obvious?)
 
Top