Match - Ryoga vs Byodoin | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Match Ryoga vs Byodoin

Ryoga vs Byodoin

• Total voters

ChinkyCandie

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Who do you think is stronger between the two? Ryoga returned Byodoin's Glowing Shot as if it was nothing. Byodoin also sees potential in Ryoga that's why he's accepted in as no.4. Also, Ryoga's stats remain unknown whereas 3 of Byodoin's stats are known.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany

-Ken-

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Thailand
I like Ryoga more, but if I have to be fair, I'll give it to Byoudonin. All of their stats are unknown. They both know aura shot. And Byoudonin have 2 seen tech, I believe.

Korean Kuroko

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Puerto Rico
We know too little about Ryoga and Byoudouin's current strength.

ChinkyCandie

Reaction score
Country
Australia
@ Kaoz: Fanbook 10.5
Speed - 10: Much is unknown about Byoudouin, but in his match against Oni upon entering the U-17 camp, they were hitting balls back and forth so fast that a violent dust cloud engulfed the entire tennis court. This suggests that his speed is top tier.

Power - 10: Byoudouin has an extremely powerful glowing shot that can break walls just because of the violent air around the ball as seen in page 9 of chapter 95. Oni returned the ball, but he still received a massive cut on his face and the wall behind him was destroyed.

Stamina - ?: Even if we were to assume there is room for growth in his stamina, When he was wandering the world going through special training and living the life of a hermit, he acquired a hardy and tough body. The manga has not given information about his stamina, but we can assume it is quite high as seen in his match against Oni.

Mental - ?: Having gone through special training up on top of the cliff, it seemed he acquired the interdimensional power and a spiritual nature. Already now, there are no weaknesses.

Technique - 10: Even though by his 1st year in high school he was nigh perfect, it is expected that after the world campaign, he has obtained something even greater. He has learned techniques from all over the world, allowing him to win in nearly any situation.

Kurobe Memo: Can there really be a high schooler that is already this high a level? There is nothing to criticize about his true abilities, but his manners are crude. We should teach him some more respectful manners so he doesn't embarass the title of being an All Japan Representative.

@ Korean Kuroku: I know but from what we know so far, who do you think?

Last edited:

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
Yeah, it's quite funny. The only stats that are different from Sai's are the ones that have numbers, the rest seems to be just a copy of his words. Dunno where you get that info ChinkieCandie but I wouldn't trust it at all, lol.

Korean Kuroko

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Puerto Rico
@ Korean Kuroku: I know but from what we know so far, who do you think?
Probably Byoudouin. If Tokugawa wins his match then Ryoga is weaker than Byou,if Byou wins then Ryoga and Byou are even.Dont ask me how I came to that conclusion.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
@ChinkyCandie
Like Ken and Hardy have said, those are fake. It's pretty obvious too, e.g. in the power description it makes a chapter reference, which just wouldn't happen in the real ones.

On topic, I'm gonna go with Byoudouin. We know he has something above GS and we don't know for sure if Ryoga does, and also his stats read as slightly better than Ryoga's to me.

ChinkyCandie

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Someone wrote those 10s on his wikia page. Got it from there. I don't edit Byodoin's page other than messed up coding. I do the wikia's music pages.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Just because it's on the wikia doesn't automatically mean it's correct since literally everyone can edit it. The correct fanbook entry is this:

Stats:

Speed - ?: At any rate, his leg strength is not up to standard. With that speed, it is unknown how he can keep up with the rest of the 1st string.

Power - ?: His muscle strength is perhaps not much more than average. However, the Glowing Shot's might is far exceeding even Duke's level.

Stamina - ?: Even if we were to assume there is room for growth in his stamina, when he was wandering the world going through special training and living the life of a hermit, he acquired a hardy and tough body.

Mental - ?: Having gone through special training up on top of the cliff, it seemed he acquired the inter-dimensional power and a spiritual nature. Already now, there are no weaknesses.

Technique - ?: Even though he was already night perfect by his 1st year in high school, it is expected that after the world campaign, he has obtained something even greater.

Kurobe Memo:
Can there really be a high schooler that is already at this high a level? There is nothing to criticize about his true abilities, but his manners are crude. We should teach him some more respectful manners so he doesn't embarrass the title of being an All Japan Representative.

ChinkyCandie

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I didn't think it was real since I didn't even touch his stats/page. But since he's the top U-17 player, some wikia contributor might of been stupid and made his stats max (if there is one). A lot of people put beliefs and its a long time for someone to actually notice that.

Changed the stats on his page.

Last edited:

Ravelt

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Since their stats are unknown, I think the only way at the moment to measure them to each other is based on their showings, and based on that Byoudouin is superior, though we barely know their playstyle, so I think it's safer to wait.

Last edited:

ashore

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
i'm biased and would vote ryoga but i'm going to wait to see his skills.

we know he can return the gs and make the gs

he can also do more than 10 shots at a time.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
No more wikia talk in here. You can do that in the hangout if you really want to.

E: Moved relevant posts over there.

Last edited:

danieltian

Reaction score
Country
Hong Kong
I think Ryoga takes this. He taught Ryoma the glowing shot and trained him to a level where he can take on Byodouin. He definitely has more up his sleeve.

ChinkyCandie

Reaction score
Country
Australia
True. Ryoga is made to be the mysterious character. His fullest potential is still unknown. Byodoin's potential is slowly (chapter by chapter) showing.

Tavore

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
England
Ryoga would win with little difficulty.

Ninomiya

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
Ryoga would win with little difficulty.
It would seem that way.

I wish we had Ryoga see Tokugawa VS Byoudouin. Depending on his reaction to those insane moves we could determine whether or not Ryoga/Byoudouin/Tokugawa were all in the same tier or not.
Considering Ryoga managed to teach Ryoma well enough to make him lift an entire tier within 1 hour, I guess its really possible Ryoga is the strongest Schooler in the camp...

Kapote Lackshuu

Reaction score
Country
Austria
Ryoga will win against Byodoin. Ryoga is not showing his true potential , but we can already see Byodoin's true potential. Ryoga returned Byodoins Glowing Shot only using 1 hand.But Oni used 2 hands and Ryoga is so relaxed while returning Byodoin's Glowing Shot. That means he can beat Oni and Byodoin and not even using his full potential. He can beat all Japan U-17 players.