Discussion Sanji a big dissapointment?

Fox666

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 28, 2008
Messages
7,007
Reaction score
4,650
Country
Galactic Empire
I shouldn't get too involved in discussions, but regarding BM's problem, why would she be on the ship to begin with? They're originally there to catch CC, so I really doubt it would be required of her to be on the ship, she has plenty of minions to do that job for her. Is capturing CC really worthy of a Yonko making that journey? Sorry but I find that unlikely. I'm not saying that she's not there for sure, I'm just saying that I doubt she's there, Pekoms could have very well been talking through a mini den den mushi, and it wasn't shown.
But they said it was "the ship of Big Mom", meaning it's the equivalent of Moby Dick for the Whitebeard pirates. So the same question should apply, why take that ship all the way to get Ceaser? So I think it's safe to assume she is there.

I wonder if they were actually after Ceaser, or it was just a coincidence to find him.

People want to see a Zoro VS Monet moment out of Sanji.
Or a Law VS Tashigi moment or Luffy VS Hajrudin the Giant kinda moment where the opponent just gets shutdown from all angles.
I don't really see what it would prove by defeating a much weaker opponent. He did well against Doflamingo, who humilhated both Luffy and Law twice. That's a greater feat than Zoro brief encounters with Fujitora, since the Admiral is clearly quite not interested in stopping the Strawhats.
 

Notice me Escanor senpai

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2008
Messages
12,424
Reaction score
4,560
Gender
Female
Country
Morocco
But they said it was "the ship of Big Mom", meaning it's the equivalent of Moby Dick for the Whitebeard pirates. So the same question should apply, why take that ship all the way to get Ceaser? So I think it's safe to assume she is there.

I wonder if they were actually after Ceaser, or it was just a coincidence to find him.
That was my point actually, if BM is supposed to be on the ship then it's a little underwhelming for her to just be there for Ceaser.Sure he swindled money from her, but I don't think it's really worth it to go after him in person. Her crew is more than enough for that job, so maybe they're not there just for Ceaser.
As much as I want to see what BM really looks like, I don't want her to be revealed like that, it would be kind of a let down considering how important are the Yonko and how she and Kaidou were hyped since the war at Marineford. She really needs a big entrance, maybe if Sanji and co are caught, then we can see how gruesome she is.But then again they can just use coup de burst to get out of there....
Also if Sanji and co are caught and BM is there then they can't do anything, because Sanji won't attack a lady, and he's pretty much the strongest fighter on the ship. To me it's not really interesting to see something like that happen, so my guess is that they're gonna use coup de burst and get the hell out of there to reach Zou.
About an opponent for Sanji I think someone like Jabura would be fitting.Oda shouldn't have let him face opponents like DD and Vergo to begin with, not because they're stronger but because their styles are very different from Sanji's, at least that's the impression I got.Ultimately he should be able to take on someone like Kizaru.
 
Last edited:

enmymiguel

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 18, 2007
Messages
1,669
Reaction score
160
Gender
Male
Country
Dominican Republic
well im not mad at sanji for losing to DD, really easy.
look how in last chapter he own luffy and law really easy.

i know the fight just started, but that was the case with sanji. the fight just started. after the same he would fight better against DD
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
I don't really see what it would prove by defeating a much weaker opponent. He did well against Doflamingo, who humilhated both Luffy and Law twice. That's a greater feat than Zoro brief encounters with Fujitora, since the Admiral is clearly quite not interested in stopping the Strawhats.
He seemed adamant in arresting the Straw Hats, but I think it was this chapter that we learned he did not want to arrest them anymore in favor of taking Doflamingo out. Not that I'm trying to make Sanji look bad, since it's nigh impossible.
 

FetherMan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 5, 2012
Messages
2,366
Reaction score
1,127
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Sanji always cooks great meals for the Strawhats. How is this forum even possible...?.

P.S., Big Mam is still on her Cake island or whatever. Isn't Bartego and Pekoms commanding that ship and ordered to retrieve CC....?.
 

redhairSH

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 25, 2008
Messages
309
Reaction score
54
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Pica is stronger then vergo
Sanji was heavely wounded by don flamingo.
Zoro wasnt hurt by the admiral, when he had huge gravitiy on him, he threw an airslash forcing the admiral to back off
http://www.mangareader.net/one-piece/730/9
Sanji isnt as strong as luffy or zoro since the time skip.
Im afraid we cant really speak anymore of a monster ''trio'' , but monster duo sounds alright now.
Pica is one of DD's elite officer, Vergo was the right hand man of DD. I'm pretty sure the right hand man who was trusted to kill a shichibukai, vice admiral, and the entire crew of one of the worst generation is stronger than Pica.

DD blocked Sanji's DJ attack, but he took a Haki gear 2 redhawk and got up like it was nothing, even law said that it was just superficial damage, not nearly enough to win. If Sanji had gotten a clean suprise DJ haki kick right on DD like Luffy did, it might have done the same amount of damage.
 

I Am Atomic

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 20, 2014
Messages
2,377
Reaction score
3,208
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Pica is one of DD's elite officer, Vergo was the right hand man of DD. I'm pretty sure the right hand man who was trusted to kill a shichibukai, vice admiral, and the entire crew of one of the worst generation is stronger than Pica.

DD blocked Sanji's DJ attack, but he took a Haki gear 2 redhawk and got up like it was nothing, even law said that it was just superficial damage, not nearly enough to win. If Sanji had gotten a clean suprise DJ haki kick right on DD like Luffy did, it might have done the same amount of damage.
Which Sanji didnt thats why he fails. But yeah you made your point, DD is very strong even luffy and law together is getting pummeled by him. I only started this thread to show that sanji did bad against vergo but if he is stronger than pica whom zoro is fighting then sanji is good to go!
 

Bellamy

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 21, 2013
Messages
273
Reaction score
159
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
France
This dissapointment could apply to any Strawhat except Luffy and Zoro.

It's true, look for Usopp as an example. Thrilling in his comeback, disapointing between, and shine like a motherflushin beast during Dressrosa.
It will be the same for every Strawhat. Oda will take the time to developp and expose the strenght of everybody. Just wait.
Don't be impatient just because your favorite character doesn't get to shine immediatly and without a pause.

He can't make them just go all out at once for now, because it would look like they can stomp on everybody and everything. Which is true and which they will do eventually.

Because let's be fair. Even if we like to call Usopp, Nami, Chopper and Brook the weak gang, they aren't weak. They have each their own strenghts and trained during years to support Luffy better. In their own way, they will shine at some point and it will be like epiphany.

And trust me, when you take the time to read again the finished arcs, you will notice that everybody has his little moments here and there.
 

jamarTheDem

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 1, 2010
Messages
662
Reaction score
208
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Like I said without seen "growth" anybody could be considered a disappointment . Ussop proved his growth, Luffy proved his growth , Zoro proved his growth on PH . HOPEFULLY soon we see Sanji's growth .
 
Top