Discussion - Second Fairy King, Dahlia. | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Second Fairy King, Dahlia.

OtakuFreak

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
Thought it best to dedicate a thread to the mysterious second Fairy King (Queen?) Dahlia.

Feel free to speculate because we have very little information on him or her, except for this:

''She was called Dahlia and appeared briefly in a NDS game, nothing more.

Meliodas mentioned her when talking about the absence of King's wings, and how Gloxinia and Dahlia both had full flushed wings (Chapter 134?)

King's Nanatsu Wiki Profile:
  • The person he respects the most is the previous Fairy King, Dahlia''
I'm sure that's all the information we have from Dahlia, and from the looks of it he or she seemed to be a full-powered ruler with their wings being fully grown and established.

Maybe he/she even had a spirit spear? Oh boy I hope Nakaba introduces Dahlia's powers to us if that's the case.

Maybe Dahlia had an important role as King/Queen since Harlequin (King) greatly respects them? And Meliodas probably met the ruler too, so it seems like they had a prominent role.

Speculate! :whistle If I had to guess Dahlia was training King as the next ruler and shortly withdrawn to the Fairy Realm for retirement but is still active and will hopefully defend the realm/forest in the Holy War. I hope Nakaba introduces her.. especially as a unique Fairy Queen :garbear

kaiiruuu

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
When a character we have little to no knowledge of is more interesting that this whole BanMeliodas purgatory thing....jk

I'm hoping she'll be like Rosine from Berserk, child-like and bubbly.

Gut's is the man

Reaction score
Country
United States
When a character we have little to no knowledge of is more interesting that this whole BanMeliodas purgatory thing....jk

I'm hoping she'll be like Rosine from Berserk, child-like and bubbly.
Rosine would be a interest ripoff- I mean inspiration.

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
If life is fair, s/he'll get the Zhivago treatment.

King is still on the fence about whether or not he's a good king, so maybe he'll think back to Dahlia and reflect on how s/he ruled or some words she told him long ago about being a ruler, that he didn't understand then, but he'll understand now.

OtakuFreak

Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
If life is fair, s/he'll get the Zhivago treatment.

King is still on the fence about whether or not he's a good king, so maybe he'll think back to Dahlia and reflect on how s/he ruled or some words she told him long ago about being a ruler, that he didn't understand then, but he'll understand now.
Yeah, hopefully, since Gloxinia wasn't the perfect mentor or ''father figure'' let's hope Dahlia can be.

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
I am not sure but I think we talked about this before and that "Dahlia" in the game is not canon.

OtakuFreak

Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
I am not sure but I think we talked about this before and that "Dahlia" in the game is not canon.
It strangely looks like Elaine though...

Dahlin is King and Elaine's Mother? :feelsgoodman

Magiie

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Colombia
What if dahlia has something to do with the current gerharde, i mean, hasn't she lived too much to be a fairy, something is happening to gerharde we don't know

=/ᐠ。ꞈ。ᐟ\=

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Canada
but Nakaba once wrote that all fairies were born from sacred plants.
when someone asks questions to Nakaba.
All fairies were born from plants but not necessarily sacred plants. King and Elaine were born from the Sacred Tree. As far as we know, everyone else was born from regular plants.

Magiie

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Colombia
All fairies were born from plants but not necessarily sacred plants. King and Elaine were born from the Sacred Tree. As far as we know, everyone else was born from regular plants.
Exactly, looks like only a few of us understand the meaning of it.

=/ᐠ。ꞈ。ᐟ\=

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Exactly, looks like only a few of us understand the meaning of it.
The NnT wiki incorrectly wrote that all fairies were born from the Sacred Tree which is probably the cause of quite a few people mistakenly thinking that.

Jdmp53

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13

According to this ..The Peace with humans came only after Harlequin ..so the fairies were at war with the humans during Dahlia's Rule...
It does makes sense now that how elaine mentions during the Capital of Dead events...Humans feared how strong the fairy king was and entered peaceful negotiotions...at that it wasnt explicitly mentioned it was King....

So its safe to say i guess Dahlia was either a lot weaker or wasnt Ruthless as King against his opponents....I do want to believe that Dahlia was a pacifist and thats why King looked up to him

OtakuFreak

Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
According to this ..The Peace with humans came only after Harlequin ..so the fairies were at war with the humans during Dahlia's Rule...
Eh, we know literally nothing about the period of Dahlia's rule. Anything could've been so.

Humans feared how strong the fairy king was and entered peaceful negotiotions...at that it wasnt explicitly mentioned it was King....
Dahlia had wings, so he was probably stronger than King prior to his wings manifesting.

If humans feared 4,000/11,000 PL King, they would've feared Dahlia.

So its safe to say i guess Dahlia was either a lot weaker or wasnt Ruthless as King against his opponents....I do want to believe that Dahlia was a pacifist and thats why King looked up to him
Nah, wouldn't say weaker. Even Gloxinia said King was the only one who was unable to manifest wings, so Dahlia had them, making him stronger.

I doubt he was a pacifist, he/she probably never needed to fight or do anything extraneous... everyone else would be fodder.