Country - Serbia | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Country Serbia

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
If somebody wants to learn a little Serbian, we have somebody who seems to know some things about the language here. (Wow...)

Quote from KOLE:

If someone want to learn Serbian (if there is someone :D), feel free to send me PM.

KOLE

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Serbia
Re: Serbian Language

Here's some basics:

note:
J is pronounced as Y
Š is pronounced as SH
Ć and Č are pronounced as CH (there's a difference but I don't know how to explain)

Thank You - Hvala (ti)
You're Welcome - Nema na čemu
Good Morning - Dobro jutro
Good Night - Laku noć

How are you? - Kako si?
I'm good ( or ) I'm feeling bad - Dobro sam ( or ) Loše mi je
I'm happy to hear that - Srećan sam da to čujem
What are you doing? - Šta (to) radiš?
Have fun! - Lepo se provedi!

Anax

Schrödinger's cat
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Greece

Concerning Ć and Č ( can someone give me the alt + # 'cause I'm at a net cafe and can't access the char table? ) consider telling us if say one sounds like "ch" "church" or "child" and the other like "ch" in "chi" or "chidori" or "ts" in "tsathogua" or some other "ts"/"ch" sound. Generally use words we probably have heard in English so that we can relate :amuse

KOLE

Reaction score
Country
Serbia

That's right, č sounds like ch in church, and ć sounds like chi in chidori. Thanks Anax ;).

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

I'd help you out Anax but I remember your computer apparently uses a different ALT chart from mine.

Much appreciated KOLE! Hvala! ;D Can you tell us a little more about Serbia? I barely know anything about Yugoslavia.

KOLE

Reaction score
Country
Serbia

Well, to tell the truth, I don't really know what good to say about Serbia.
Since 1991 to 2001 our country was in really bad state (in 1999 NATO was bombarding Serbia because of decisions of our president), and for there 4 years there's only a little improvement. Average payment is around $200 a month, which is hardly enough to live (only bills are $130), not to mention that I don't even have cable TV and still have dial-up.

Suma summarum: Serbia is the worst country in Europe to live in :(

Anax

Schrödinger's cat
Reaction score
Country
Greece

KOLE said:
My thoughts are with you, Kole! :noworry

On another note, could you teach me how to spell "Milica Kosanovic" correctly? I'd like to surprise her some day :amuse

And thanks for your time! :)

KOLE

Reaction score
Country
Serbia

Well, I'm not very good in english spelling, but I'll try:

M - i - l - i - c (like Ts in Tsunade) - a
(insert word "milytsa" in Speech Properties in Control Panel to hear what it sounds alike)

K - o - s - a - n - o - v- i - ć (like Ch in Chidori)
(for this one insert "kosanovicha" and ignore last "a" in speech, but first "A" should sound LITTLE longer).

Unfortunately, I don't have microphone to just record my voice :(

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

KOLE said:
Well, to tell the truth, I don't really know what good to say about Serbia.
Since 1991 to 2001 our country was in really bad state (in 1999 NATO was bombarding Serbia because of decisions of our president), and for there 4 years there's only a little improvement. Average payment is around $200 a month, which is hardly enough to live (only bills are $130), not to mention that I don't even have cable TV and still have dial-up.

Bah, that sucks man.

Well, at least you have internet I suppose is more than I can say about some countries.

yeste

Reaction score
Country
Vatican City State

Hey hey, bashing your own country is not a nice thing to do!!! And it’s really not that bad… True, it was a lot worse growing up here in the 90’s than anywhere else, ‘couse of the wars, trade embargos and economic sanctions, but that’s over with now!!! Yeah, sure it’s a hard place to be, but it’s NOT the worst country in Europe, or whatever you said!!!

WTF, kid, you’re crazzyyyy!!!! Compared to what other countries did you make this assumption???? Why the F*** am I talking to you in English????

Pa, bajo, ako sacekas malo, imaces ADSL kao I svi drugi… Nije lepo da govoris ovakve stvari o svojoj zemlji ljudima koji nemaju pojma o tome…

@Gold Knight, seem you’re interested a bit in this so here’s an update… There’s no more Yugoslavia… Ever again… It broke up ( for the last time ) about a month ago, when the people of Montenegro decided to have their own country!!! So, from now on… It’s just Serbia!!! After a period of some 80-90 years, again it’s Republic of Serbia!!! Great!!! For us anyway!!! And, it’s true that there wore a lot of stupid things going on here in the last decade, or so, but since 2001, our country has started with the famous “transition period” like many countries from the former east block… Curently, we’re on a slow road of recovering and rising standards, and on the end of that road is the partnership in the European Union… Though, it will take up to 15-20 years to achieve necessary standards in every field of the society, things here can only get better!!!

Ahh… that’s just on a quick note… If anyone needs help about Serbian related topics, I can help too…

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

Thanks for the info, yeste (Belated I know) - and also for the language teaching offer :)

Hopefully more good things are coming for your country.

yeste

Reaction score
Country
Vatican City State

Gold Knight said:
Thanks for the info, yeste (Belated I know) - and also for the language teaching offer :)

Hopefully more good things are coming for your country.
Thanks GK! Hopefully they do!

Kixo

Reaction score
Country
Croatia

Gold Knight said:
I'd help you out Anax but I remember your computer apparently uses a different ALT chart from mine.

Much appreciated KOLE! Hvala! ;D Can you tell us a little more about Serbia? I barely know anything about Yugoslavia.
Does Yugoslavia even exists? After falling apart there was only Montenegro and Serbia in it.
I am not much into politics but your president Milosevic was your downfall, when he came to authority then the war broke and you declared war on Croatia.

But the best thing about Serbian/Bosnian/Croatian people are swearing, they got soooo many of them you cant even imagine in how many sentences they can be combined... :amuse

doobie2000

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Andorra

Yeh Thanks GK!we'll get bak on our feet anywho if you want to know more like our history or something just ask. Ah no Yugoslavia doesnt exist and what makes you say it was Milosevic's fault this was bound to happen after Tito died dude, well sort of bound to happen, it was alot of things that caused this war not really Milosevic.

Xsoteria

Reaction score
Country
Serbia
Haha wow a Serbian thread. Truly a relic of a thread, but since Kole doesn't seem to be around and I am studying languages, I could help anyone with anything related to this small language (though I have no idea who in the blazes would have practical use from serbian xD).

DSlayer

Reaction score
Country
Serbia
Didn't think that I would find a thread like this here :D

Charlie

Seller of goods 🐐
Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi DSlayer and welcome to the thread and MH. We aim to please, If you dont mind - introduce yourself in the Introduction thread.