Done Shchelkunchik, chapter 29 and 30

Elanor Pam

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jul 16, 2009
Messages
32
Reaction score
0
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
Rather than post one thread for every chapter I translated, I decided to put all troublesome sentences in one file as I tried to clear my translating backlog. The file ended up bigger than I thought, so I'll still be posting more than one thread. Here goes the first batch.

Chapter 29:
Page 11, 4th pannel:
今まで伝承されずに消えていった魔法には何か理由があったんだ
僕らには知らされなかった
人間が触れてはいけないもの
There was a reason why that magic disappeared without being handed down
until now
We couldn't understand
Why humans shouldn't touch it

Page 12, 1st pannel:
強力な魔法を得るためには邪神に代償を捧げなくてはならない
それは術者の血だったり心臓だったり心や魂を捧げたりもする禁断の魔法
すなわち
生け贄の邪法。。。
In order to gain powerful magic, they had to offer payment to an evil god
There were forbidden spells that required the practitioner's blood, or a
beating heart, and souls and spirits were also given for them
They were
The black arts of sacrifice...

Chapter 30:
Page 04, 3rd and 4th pannels:
ハーモニーがまた。。。
シェルの肩持ってやがるー!
(。。。)
嫁さん気取りがー (シェルよりでけェのに)
Harmony still...
hangs over Shchel's shoulder!
(。。。)
She's always acting the bride! (even though she's taller than him...)

Page 08, 2nd pannel:
いいんだよ!こんなのは今夜はあんたが主役じゃないの?
It's alright! Rather than this, won't you be having the main role tonight?

Page 13, last two pannels:
シェルはねぇよなー
おめーの親達はどっかいっちまったもんなー
Shchel's got nothing!
Your parents went off somewhere, right?

Page 17, first and third pannels
さあ今年15歳になる新成人の皆様!!
Now, the 15-year-olds coming of age this year!! (...)

素晴らしいご加護が与えられます!
You shall be presented with amazing divine protection!!
しっかりやるんだよ!ヨルグ
Steady does it, Yorg!

Page 22, last pannel:
さあっご招待しましょう!バラのトゲの宮殿へー!!
Come, we are inviting you! To the Rose Thorn Palace!!
<hr noshade size="1">
....is there any reason why no one is helping with this and my other thread? I mean, any reason other than the fact that they were posted on April 1st?

This thread is not an april fools' joke, I seriously need help with those sentences. :/
 
Last edited:

redcap

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
May 20, 2008
Messages
4
Reaction score
3
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
My 2 yen - rewrites in Bold

Chapter 29:

> 今まで伝承されずに消えていった魔法には何か理由があったんだ
> 僕らには知らされなかった
> 人間が触れてはいけないもの

There was a reason why that magic disappeared
without being handed down until now
We weren't taught
Why people shouldn't touch it


> 強力な魔法を得るためには邪神に代償を捧げなくてはならない
> それは術者の血だったり心臓だったり心や魂を捧げたりもする禁断の魔法
> すなわち
> 生け贄の邪法。。。

In order to gain powerful magic, you have to offer payment to an evil god
Forbidden spells that require the practitioner to give their blood, or a beating heart, or souls and spirits
They were
The black arts of sacrifice...
 

Elanor Pam

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jul 16, 2009
Messages
32
Reaction score
0
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
Thanks! You were the first to step in after a week.
 
Top