Done Shchelkunchik, chapters 31 and 32

Elanor Pam

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jul 16, 2009
Messages
32
Reaction score
0
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
Still clearing my backlog of translation questions.

Chapter 31:
Page 04, 2nd and 3rd pannel:
では1番から4番の方お越し下さい
Then, numbers 1 to 4 please step ahead

すごいご加護があるらしーわよ
I heard she confers great protection!

Page 06, first pannel
日頃の行いがいいからな~ オレ達はよ
Because we're normally so well-behaved!

Page 12
これは期待できるかな。。。?
Can I expect anything from this one?

Page 14
この程度か。。。妖精武闘術には耐えられんな。。。
This level...? It wouldn't withstand Spirit Arts... // it's not fit for Spirit Arts...

Page 15, last pannel
生体実験よ
It's living body experimenting (??)

Page 16, second and third pannels
妖精の波長に適応できる者が現れるの
(among 15 year old kids) Some who can adapt to fairy wavelenght appear
妖精との融合に対応できる優秀な実験体は軍事力とする。。。
The (guinea pigs?) that are better able to cope being fused with fairies are turned into military forces

Chapter 32
Page 11, third pannel
素直になれなくて。。。 You can't be honest with yourself...
Page 15, second pannel
フフフ、シェルみたいな一見純情そーないたいけな子が「えーっ
こんなハデなカッコーするのー!?」っていう意外性に男は
グっとくるものなのさ!
Fufufu, Shchel might seem this kind of tender, pure-hearted girl at first glance, but this kind of "Eeh, such a flashy outifit!?" element of surprise is what makes a man stuck for words!

Page 16, last pannel
やっだーヤイてるのおー!
Aww, I made a mess of this!

Page 18, first pannel
バカヤローあー見えてシェルはオレを悩ます女豹なんだよおー
あの唇の形を見るとわかる!
Dumbass! Shchel is definitely the she-panther(??) that torments me! You can tell just by looking at the shape of those lips!

Page 19, second pannel
狂暴で狂気的な妖力(ちから)。。。
a power of insanity and rage...
 
Last edited:

Unproductive

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2009
Messages
88
Reaction score
25
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
では1番から4番の方お越し下さい
Now, numbers 1 through 4 please step forward.

すごいご加護があるらしーわよ
I heard she confers great protection!

日頃の行いがいいからな~ オレ達はよ
This is for us being so nice to you normally.

これは期待できるかな。。。?
Should I have any hopes for this one.

この程度か。。。妖精武闘術には耐えられんな。。。
This is it...huh. I don't think it will able to withstand Spirit Arts.

生体実験よ
It's a physical examination.

妖精の波長に適応できる者が現れるの
Some will develop the ability to adapt to fairly wavelengths.

妖精との融合に対応できる優秀な実験体は軍事力とする。。。
Subjects that best cope with the fusion with fairies will become part of the military.

素直になれなくて。。。
You haven't been honest with yourself...

フフフ、シェルみたいな一見純情そーないたいけな子が「えーっ
こんなハデなカッコーするのー!?」っていう意外性に男は
グっとくるものなのさ!
Fufufu, the strangeness of a pure-hearted looking girl like Schel getting reactions of "Eeh, wearing such a flashy outifit!?" - it leaves a man at a loss for words.
>>> this phrasing is still very poor - just get rid of the quote IMO

やっだーヤイてるのおー!
You're embarrassing me.

バカヤローあー見えてシェルはオレを悩ます女豹なんだよおー
あの唇の形を見るとわかる!
>>> there's no way to phrase this properly. it's a bit literal of a translation

狂暴で狂気的な妖力(ちから)。。。
a maddening, raging mystical power.
 

Elanor Pam

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jul 16, 2009
Messages
32
Reaction score
0
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
Thanks for always, Unproductive :D how about the rephrasings below?

Fufufu, the strangeness of a pure-hearted looking girl like Schel wearing this kind of flashy outfit is what leaves a man at a loss for words!
Got rid of the quotation marks as you told me to.

As for "バカヤローあー見えてシェルはオレを悩ます女豹なんだよおー
あの唇の形を見るとわかる!"... well, if you know of a good translation for "オレを悩ます女豹", I think I can work the rest into something that makes sense in context. Maybe tigress? "Tigress that tempts me"? I mean, the guy is fantasizing about his shy male classmate being secretly a girl and wild in bed, so... it can't get much crazier.
 
Top