- Joined
- Oct 6, 2007
- Messages
- 65
- Reaction score
- 10
- Gender
- Male
- Country
-
So similar to Naruto where everyone assumes that Naruto is the 4th Hokage's son at the beginning, then everyone forgets about it as it's not hinted at for a long time until it's finally revealed, I think Kubo has deliberately left out the Shiba clan for a long time so that when Ichigo's past is revealed, it will come as more of a shock.
Everyone remembers the SS arc, which is why many of us read/watch this manga/anime. I don't think it's a coincidence that Ichigo looks exactly like Shiba Kaien, and I'm sure it will be connected later. I fully expect to see the return of Ganju/Kukaku within the next few arcs.
As for the name, I'm unsure whether Ichigo's mom or dad was a Shiba. It was indicated that Ichigo was half human/half shinigami, which means his mom must have been human. Isshin also introduces himself as "Kurosaki Isshin" when fighting Grand Fisher, so that makes a conundrum since that would mean that Ichigo's dad isn't a Shiba either, but Ichigo's dad could easily just have taken his wife's name (with Ichigo taking his mom's name - another parallel to Naruto).
Anyone else expecting the Shiba clan to tie in to Ichigo's background once it is revealed?
Everyone remembers the SS arc, which is why many of us read/watch this manga/anime. I don't think it's a coincidence that Ichigo looks exactly like Shiba Kaien, and I'm sure it will be connected later. I fully expect to see the return of Ganju/Kukaku within the next few arcs.
As for the name, I'm unsure whether Ichigo's mom or dad was a Shiba. It was indicated that Ichigo was half human/half shinigami, which means his mom must have been human. Isshin also introduces himself as "Kurosaki Isshin" when fighting Grand Fisher, so that makes a conundrum since that would mean that Ichigo's dad isn't a Shiba either, but Ichigo's dad could easily just have taken his wife's name (with Ichigo taking his mom's name - another parallel to Naruto).
Anyone else expecting the Shiba clan to tie in to Ichigo's background once it is revealed?