Discussion Shichibukai Vs Yonkou

modoki

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2009
Messages
312
Reaction score
178
Age
41
Gender
Female
Country
Japan
Re: Shicibukai Vs Yonkou

Although its safe to say that it wouldnt be a fair fight since statuses are being demoted from the Shichibukai's side, I can say the following.

Total wipe.

out of all the shichibukai, the only members that I, personally fear the most are in order based on possible strength and damage possibly inflicted the most.

1.Hawkeyes
2.Don Flamingo
3.Kuma

We know for sure hawkeyes will be focused more on Shanks. Unfortunately since Shanks is one armed, Hawkeyes might possibly win. Although he himself stated he wasnt interested in fighting a one armed man.

Don flamingo would be a big advantage against Whitebeard's Moby Dick crew of 1000+ using ventriloquism. We know that a majority of the division members on Whitebeard's ship couldnt survive Shank's Haki wave, this could greatly assume the number of people Flamingo could control just to attack their own.

Kuma's body is very indestructable as if he was carrying a bomb in his body just in case something went wrong. If someone in the yonkou period had the ability to physically hurt kuma better than Zoro's Shishi Sonson, that alone would hurt the Shichibukai greatly. I consider Kuma as the main defense and last ditch effort for the shichibukai.

I didn't mention the other shichibukai members since i felt it wasn't worth it.


Again from above the yonkou would wipe out the shichibukai in no time, excluding the members listed above.
 
Last edited:

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,291
Reaction score
24,926
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
Re: Shicibukai Vs Yonkou

The WB crew has 16 division commanders plus whitebeard. Each commander could be comparable to ace and a few might even be stronger. I know the shichibukai are strong but there is no way they could actually take the yonkou(unless we are discussing specifically the captains without their crews).


Although its safe to say that it wouldnt be a fair fight since statuses are being demoted from the Shichibukai's side, I can say the following.

Total wipe.

out of all the shichibukai, the only members that I, personally fear the most are in order based on possible strength and damage possibly inflicted the most.

1.Hawkeyes
2.Don Flamingo
3.Kuma

We know for sure hawkeyes will be focused more on Shanks. Unfortunately since Shanks is one armed, Hawkeyes might possibly win. Although he himself stated he wasnt interested in fighting a one armed man.

Don flamingo would be a big advantage against Whitebeard's Moby Dick crew of 1000+ using ventriloquism. We know that a majority of the division members on Whitebeard's ship couldnt survive Shank's Haki wave, this could greatly assume the number of people Flamingo could control just to attack their own.

Kuma's body is very indestructable as if he was carrying a bomb in his body just in case something went wrong. If someone in the yonkou period had the ability to physically hurt kuma better than Zoro's Shishi Sonson, that alone would hurt the Shichibukai greatly. I consider Kuma as the main defense and last ditch effort for the shichibukai.

I didn't mention the other shichibukai members since i felt it wasn't worth it.


Again from above the yonkou would wipe out the shichibukai in no time, excluding the members listed above.
I think you are forgetting boa hancock. She hasn't shown much but what little we have seen and what has been said would make me think she is as much as a threat as mihawk and kuma.
 
Last edited:

bittman

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 8, 2006
Messages
1,746
Reaction score
929
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Even though Jimbei is probably about to lose his status, technically he is a Shichibukai and I would have to throw him into that mix:

Why should Yonkou fear him? Heck, any Devil Fruit user should fear him when he can turn the power of the very ocean against you whilst hiding safely underwater. Someone like Whitebeard would best him, though I doubt they'd ever fight again, but I expect Jimbei has a large advantage over many combatants.

And Moria always deserves a mention for once being on par with Kaidou, even if he has grown lazy and somewhat mentally unbalanced over the past few years. I doubt any Yonkou would simply have an easy time with him...
 

Franckie

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 16, 2007
Messages
2,902
Reaction score
1,381
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Are we talking about the Captains, or Captains + Crew? Because which scenario the OP is referring to determines the outcome of this fight. If it's just against the 4 Captains, the Shichibukai rapestomp. If it's Captains + Crew, the Shichibukai are going to get two-panelled.
 

DARK

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
May 12, 2009
Messages
2,876
Reaction score
739
Gender
Male
Country
United States
There are seven Shichubukai members and four Yonkou members.
Bounty-wise, I would want to say the Yonkou are higher. The lowest bounties were 80 mil and 81 mil, respectively, while the highest known bounty was only at 340 mil. If Whitebeard was able to command pirate captains with 600-something bounties, he is definitely something.
Also, Gecko Moria was defeated by Kaidou, another of its members. We can all assume Mihawk was on par with Shanks back in the day, but since Shanks lost his arm, it is unknown how he'll stand.
However, if the World Government had to gather all seven of its members, in addition to three Admirals and many Vice-Admirals and Commodores just to fight against one Yonkou. That may mean the Yonkou, if not that, Whitebeard particularly is a menace.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,291
Reaction score
24,926
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
A databook states shanks did not get any weaker when he lost his arm though(or so I have read). I would think mihawk is still as strong or even stronger than shanks though.
 

LordZet

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 14, 2009
Messages
165
Reaction score
43
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
Even though Jimbei is probably about to lose his status, technically he is a Shichibukai and I would have to throw him into that mix:

Why should Yonkou fear him? Heck, any Devil Fruit user should fear him when he can turn the power of the very ocean against you whilst hiding safely underwater. Someone like Whitebeard would best him, though I doubt they'd ever fight again, but I expect Jimbei has a large advantage over many combatants.

And Moria always deserves a mention for once being on par with Kaidou, even if he has grown lazy and somewhat mentally unbalanced over the past few years. I doubt any Yonkou would simply have an easy time with him...
Actually I'm pretty sure Kaidou curb stomped moria, butchered his crew and smashed his dreams.
 

one piece master

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jul 29, 2009
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Honduras
but also the Shicibukai can have there armies like Moria and hancock the yonkue would probably still win but it would be closer.
 

bittman

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 8, 2006
Messages
1,746
Reaction score
929
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Actually I'm pretty sure Kaidou curb stomped moria, butchered his crew and smashed his dreams.
Well here we have Moria say that if he'd had Oz, even Kaidou wouldn't have beaten him:
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/456/10/

But then we have this random guy state that Moria once fought on equal footing with Kaidou:
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/483/06/

So what I got from all that is not that Kaidou absolutely slaughtered Moria, but that Kaidou had a close fight with Moria, but Moria's crew was all killed by Kaidou/Kaidou's crew. The shock of losing comrades possibly tipped the battle.

But yeah, dreams definitely smashed and Moria probably has gotten weaker over the years. It's more like saying "Moria was once quite powerful, but got depressed and lazy."
 

DutchPhoenix

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 12, 2007
Messages
651
Reaction score
86
Gender
Hidden
Country
Netherlands
A databook states shanks did not get any weaker when he lost his arm though(or so I have read). I would think mihawk is still as strong or even stronger than shanks though.
databook also says mihawk is strongest swordsman.
shanks is also a swordsman, so mihawk > shanks though its close i think
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,291
Reaction score
24,926
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
databook also says mihawk is strongest swordsman.
shanks is also a swordsman, so mihawk > shanks though its close i think
I have always thought shanks and mihawk are equals.... I guess with someone as powerful as mihawk in the WG side, there is someone who could actually do something to someone as WB. If he really is that powerful, he alones makes a humongous difference in the war.
 

Franckie

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 16, 2007
Messages
2,902
Reaction score
1,381
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
I have always thought shanks and mihawk are equals.... I guess with someone as powerful as mihawk in the WG side, there is someone who could actually do something to someone as WB. If he really is that powerful, he alones makes a humongous difference in the war.
Mihawk lost interest in sparring with Shanks after he lost his arm. Shanks is no longer in a position where he can beat Mihawk without mitigating circumstances being in his favor.
 

Akainu

Magma♥
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 21, 2007
Messages
7,318
Reaction score
3,462
Gender
Male
Country
Bavaria
Imo it's rather that it's honourless for Mihawk to fight a onearmed man than knowing he would win anyway. On another note, if he lost in such a case it would have been even worse...
The outcome: we can't measure their strength like that. wait until we see them fight :amuse
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,291
Reaction score
24,926
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
Mihawk lost interest in sparring with Shanks after he lost his arm. Shanks is no longer in a position where he can beat Mihawk without mitigating circumstances being in his favor.
Databook does say shanks did not get any weaker after losing his arm though.
 

Franckie

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 16, 2007
Messages
2,902
Reaction score
1,381
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Databook does say shanks did not get any weaker after losing his arm though.
I looked around and couldn't find such an entry. Care to provide a link? Also, how do you explain Mihawk losing interest in dueling Shanks? If Shanks hadn't lost any power, then why did Mihawk lose interest in dueling him?
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,291
Reaction score
24,926
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
^I saw that in the one piece wikia and had the yellow databook as a source(not entirely sure about the color but the source was definitely a databook according to the wikia).
 

Poneglyph420

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 24, 2009
Messages
1,317
Reaction score
597
Gender
Male
Country
Marine Headquarters
Even knowing nothing of the Yonkou's full power, they pretty much run the NW.
I know that both sides are massively powerful. The thing about the shichibukai is they all have their own motives. If Mihawk won't fight Shanks it's because his principles won't allow him to, not because Shanks is a one armed and somehow weaker.

In the end if all the shichibukai work together it's on.

Otherwise I doubt they survive more than 2 hours
 

Franckie

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 16, 2007
Messages
2,902
Reaction score
1,381
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
^I saw that in the one piece wikia and had the yellow databook as a source(not entirely sure about the color but the source was definitely a databook according to the wikia).
Still couldn't find anything. I did manage to find a translation of Shanks' YB profile:

Red Haired Pirate Crew
A powerful crew of pirates that travels freely in the New World!!

Commodore Shanks
First mate: Ben Beckman
Crew: Yasopp, Lucky Roux
Others: New member, Rockstar

Shanks is a leader who is well-supported by his crew. With a calm and collected first mate, and also other strong followers under his command, the aura of this powerful pirate crew can easily be felt anywhere. With new members joining in, this organization continues to expand further in size.

Power
Caption: Gazing at the other pirates from above, as they sail on the seas in great style!!

Feared even by the World Government, this pirate organization sails freely on the high seas, driven by its beliefs.

The crew do not enjoy plundering, freedom and happiness is the mainstream ideology in this organization, just like their commodore's magnanimous personality.

Picture with squirrel
Person A: Hey hey hey, whaccha doing? Stop, you've been working the whole day. Come back now.
Person B: No, if I stop now, I'll feel ashamed.
Person A: Your life is more important than your pride. Your task is complete. Don't bother anymore.

Comments: He values his comrades most. With great magnanimity, he shares a good relationship with his crew.

Picture of Shanks with crew
Crew: What do we do, captain?
Shanks: Prepare to set sail.
Crew: Lookin' for Whitebeard?
Shanks: Aye.

Comments: A scene from a moment on the Grand Line, ? Island. The captain's decision is always so quick and apt.

Key Person: Shanks

The fearsome red hair pirate dubbed as one of the Four Emperors!!
One of the four emperors who conquers the New World alongside with Whitebeard. Usually when he arrives, he needs only a few words and simple actions to change the entire mood of the battle. His sharp gaze is his prominent features as a great pirate.

Picture of Shanks clutching his arm: "I will bet on it for the sake of the new generation..."
Comments: Shanks saw the shadow of his younger self on Luffy. Using his arm as exchange, he entrusted the future in Luffy's hands.

Picture below: "His aura remains as always."
Comments: Those who are unprepared will always be overwhelmed by the Red Haired' aura.

There's no line that states Shanks hasn't lost any strength.

Even knowing nothing of the Yonkou's full power, they pretty much run the NW.
I know that both sides are massively powerful. The thing about the shichibukai is they all have their own motives. If Mihawk won't fight Shanks it's because his principles won't allow him to, not because Shanks is a one armed and somehow weaker.

In the end if all the shichibukai work together it's on.

Otherwise I doubt they survive more than 2 hours
We know why the Yonkou run the NW. It's thanks to the strength of their crews. Only 1 Yonkou has been confirmed to be top-tier, WB; the others have not. Out of the 3 remaining Yonkou, we know that Geck Moria fought Kaidou to a draw and that Blackbeard outfought Shanks (Shanks received a scar, BB received nothing, as far as we know). Toss in Mihawk, Hancock, Doflamingo, Jinbei, and Kuma, the Yonkou can be comfortably defeated.

The Shichibukai having their own motives is irrevelent. The Yonkou, too, have their own motives and they constantly bicker amongst themselves in the NW. This disunity is what enables MHQ + Shichibukai to balance out the Yonkous' power.
 
Last edited:

Poneglyph420

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 24, 2009
Messages
1,317
Reaction score
597
Gender
Male
Country
Marine Headquarters
If we don't consider any of the recent events I would agree a (somehow) united Shichibukai force would be able to kill the 4 single Yonkou.
Like you said however they also have massively powerful crews and until we can know of their power..the full power of the yonkou is unexplained.
Also Moria just lost all the shadows he has controlled, and just got beaten by the SH. In previous situations or just head to head for sure the Shichibukai would be nasty!! I agree that the Yonkou are bickering and disunity controls them. The difference is the Shichibukai operate based on orders.

If all the Shichibukai and marines need to gather to handle WB imagine if they somehow banded together....
 

Naruffy

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 4, 2009
Messages
783
Reaction score
317
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Yonkou would win.

If all the Shichibukai were called just for Whitebeard, how could they take all 4 Yonkou?
 
Top