Chapter Shingeki no Kyojin 120 Chapter Discussion

Shad

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
- What if Eren is in control and is making Zeke believe he is the one yanking the chain?

- What if both of them are but Eren is keeping that hidden and this is a mind battle of endocrination?

- Eren is the one opening the "memory doors" and the one not being surprised, if we look at the end of the chapter. He is the also the only one of the two who already experienced the FT power before (with Dinah) and contrary to Zeke, he should know he can control it. He is not surprised which might mean he has the FT power, he knows "every memory" and to him those memories are not new. Zeke is being surprised by the memories even though he is supposed to have the FT power;
Hi Lemon, since Eren evolved into Hobo Eren, he gained the ability to always have a poker face, that why we can't tell who is controlling the FT, but there is no way he can keep the poker face in this situation, unless he knows something!

Also, on an unrelated note, I think that we’ve been wrong about Ymir this whole time. I think Ymir herself was conned and had been tricked by the devil rather than being a deliberate pawn. She might have been promised great power, and the when she died she could have been doomed or shackled to that founding coordinate as punishment for her deed/interaction unknowingly. The whole thing is up the the air.
Why is this little girl who allegedly created the titans just a slave forced to play with sand and creating the Titan bodies ? If she had just died, she should’ve just died, right ? We didn’t see any of the 1st,2nd, or 142nd kings there, we didn’t see anyone else there, just Ymir. Something is definitely off with her placement in this coordinate plane. Her being a slave while having her descendants referred to as “Subjects of Ymir” is a contradiction alone. This is going a few other avenues. Nobody else has ever been in this situation that Zeke and Eren are in in this SnK universe that we know of, so now having baby Eren seemingly spot Eren/Zeke and Grisha definitely seeing Zeke, this is going to a whole different level. Isayama is fleshing out the paths really for the first time and while I’m really interested in this, I would rather have more clarity than twists come in. I firmly believe he’s the type of writer who can deliver both, as he has before, but this chapter opened up a myriad of possibilities that can either blend well or severely contradict each other.
Good way to express how we feel right now.

POW

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
We are in some deep Uchiha level MS illusion sequence !!!

Anyways be interesting to see what else they can find out. I hope they go back to the very beginning to see how the "devil" gave them titan powers.

- Seems they are hinting Eren is slowly taking control

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
The point where the paths meet looks like a tree... yggdrasil?

mattiaildivino

九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Reaction score
Country
Italy
The point where the paths meet looks like a tree... yggdrasil?
Agggh, I hoped we would get no more mythology connected to Naruto's universe, I was already disturbed when we found out there are 9 titans, that can be inherited by a previous predecessor :-_-

Gessekai

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
Agggh, I hoped we would get no more mythology connected to Naruto's universe, I was already disturbed when we found out there are 9 titans, that can be inherited by a previous predecessor :-_-
Huh?

What do either have to do with Naruto’s universe?

Eigengrau

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
The Wall

Isayama has consistently used Norse mythology since the beginning of the series, and the tree Eren is seen crying under in the first chapter and/or the Coordinate/"source" that we finally see in this chapter also resembles a tree -> Yggdrasil, "an immense mythical tree that plays a central role in Norse cosmology, where it connects the Nine Worlds".

So not sure why you'd think/associate any of this with Naruto... the fact that there's a same amount of characters that happen to have abilities doesn't really warrant said comparison when it's pretty much all there is in Shonen stories...