Chapter Shingeki no Kyojin 127 Chapter Discussion

How do you feel about this "mass genocide" action in course?

• Total voters

Farfalla

Antisocial Butterfly~
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Tuvalu
If you haven't seen the goodies yet, check here: Spoiler Pics and Summaries Thread

24 Hour Spoiler Rule
  • MangaHelpers enforces a temporary blockade for discussion of new spoilers/chapters outside of chapter threads. This blockade ends 24 hours after an english scanlation is publicly released.
  • With consideration for your fellow members, posting discussion regarding a recently released chapter must be kept within [SPOILER][/SPOILER] tags until 24 hours have passed after the chapter's release.
  • Please also be considerate when creating discussion threads during this spoiler time. We ask that any posts made within this period be spoiler tagged and that the thread title not be a dead give away to chapter events. The staff team will adjust these threads if and when needed.
  • For series with no forum, [SPOILER][/SPOILER] tags must be used while the 24 hour rule is enforced.
  • Please wait 24 hours before using art from new chapters in signatures and avatars.
  • Please wait 24 hours before posting any art based on new chapters on the forum.
  • The 24 hour rule will be strictly enforced. This is a courtesy rule. Not every member reads spoilers and not everyone can read new chapters as soon as they are released. We've eased up on the rule to allow discussion within spoiler tags, but please be adhere to these. Failure to do so may result in the removal of your post.

mattiaildivino

九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Reaction score
Country
Italy
Last spoiler looks fake, no credit’s been provided...

SkyJockey

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Wow, I totally forgot Jean has a crush on Mikasa. Though day dreaming about having a baby with her is a little.......weird considering the current circumstances, lol

Benomaru

Reaction score
Country
United States
Great chapter and imo eased some of the concerns some voiced over last chapter of everyone teaming up so easily considering their history. Yelena’s part was great showed how much blood each had on their hands.

Jean continues to show why he’s the most realistic character. It felt good to see him rebuke Magath and clock Reiner.

SkyJockey

Reaction score
Country
United States
Jean and Yelena were tossing nothing but truth bombs and I loved it lol.

Also Hanji literally has no plan for what Paradis should do after Eren is stopped. All Jean wanted was a solid path forward and she ended up screaming her head off at him because she knows she has none.

Benomaru

Reaction score
Country
United States
Jean and Yelena were tossing nothing but truth bombs and I loved it lol.

Also Hanji literally has no plan for what Paradis should do after Eren is stopped. All Jean wanted was a solid path forward and she ended up screaming her head off at him because she knows she has none.
Yep there really is no plan right now, only thing they agree is they have to stop or talk Eren out of genocide.

SkyJockey

Reaction score
Country
United States
Yep there really is no plan right now, only thing they agree is they have to stop or talk Eren out of genocide.
I’m glad at least Jean is thinking to the future and what comes after.

Karnak

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
Guess the chapter is out pretty early. I'll spoiler tag it for those who haven't read yet.

MASSIVE SPOILERS! READ THE CHAPTER FIRST! :loool
Jean being a Frenchie boi with his little patio, drinking and watching his 'wife' Mikasa... Keep dreaming pal! lol :errr

Hange's "mass slaughter is wrong" line for some reason irked me. Probably the tone I had in the my head lol. Let Eren live his live GOSH!! :whynot

She's also way too naive on Marley not being a-holes. At least Jean made sense on his arguments. Just massacre Hange already. I'm done with her. I hate her worldview. Squish her like a freaking bug! :cussing Kill Magath, Gabi, Pieck, Armin, and Reiner! Falco is cool though:catshrug That Annie vs Mikasa mud wrestling got pretty intense :feelsgoodman:sky2

Yelena spitting facts! and holy cow she dragged Jean with that Marco mention! :headbang I hoped Jean would've Negan'ed Reiner but alas, the coackroach lives to see another day as usual. Sigh.... -_-; Bonus that he accidentally punted the hell outta Gabi though :cheez Jean will have his second serving alright.... by bludgeoning Magath's face next!

Floch from weird hair to 'young Justin Bieber' hair is back ready to shoot his mommy :vin

See ya next month SnK :hi

Benomaru

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hange's "mass slaughter is wrong" line for some reason irked me. Probably the tone I had in the my head lol. Let Eren live his live GOSH!! :whynot

She's also way too naive on Marley not being a-holes. At least Jean made sense on his arguments. Just massacre Hange already. I'm done with her. I hate her worldview. Squish her like a freaking bug!
She was fine when just doing research and stuff, but as a commander she sucks. Armin is another as you said, he has so much blood on his hands, did some bad stuff for "humanity", and encouraged Eren several times to become a monster, but now he wants to go all talk no jutsu.

SkyJockey

Reaction score
Country
United States
I want Jean to be the next SC commander after this chapter.

Geldax

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Floch should die. From useless coward to annoying wannabe soldier lol he has no right to behave like this

mattiaildivino

九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Reaction score
Country
Italy
Nice chapter, Isayama is a really good author, he was well aware he couldn’t just team up all those fellas without settling some scores first. Above all, there was the Marco issue, finally it was payback time but I still hope that scum is gonna die the most excruciating death available, as Eren promised. I’m tired of his plot armor which saved him all over... :-_-
Jean is definitely the mvp now, Armin was cool when he realized you have to become a monster for a greater good, now he just sucks... I can’t stand Hange’s bullshit anymore, at this point they should just get along with the rumbling, otherwise the whole world is gonna come to their jugular...
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Floch should die. From useless coward to annoying wannabe soldier lol he has no right to behave like this
Actually, I like the baddass he has become, there’s a well structured reason behind all this. He never was a coward, he was one of the enlisted soldiers who believed they could contribute to mankind. As the only survivor of Zeke’s bombing, he felt blessed and tried his best to save Erwin.
You know, his speech towards Eren was really merciless, and truthful. I’m actually astonished he became the one closest to him, and I believe he is just a pawn for Eren, to dispose of, whereas his favorite friends will be kept alive.

SkyJockey

Reaction score
Country
United States
Honestly despite all the tension that Isayama showed this chapter between members of the Alliance, I think it’s still likely that Eren will be defeated by them, through whatever means Isayama comes up with.

My question though, is how much of the world will be rumbled before the Alliance puts Eren down? Because that plot point might just be what saves Paradis and even the SC remnants from being exterminated by the rest of the world. If the Rumbling is fast enough, it could inflict enough damage to both infrastructure and the world’s population to cripple any retaliation for Eren’s actions for years. Which would give Paradis time to build up a modern air force with the planes Kiyomi had built.

levi12

Reaction score
Country
Austria
despite all people disagreeing I agree with Eren plan even If my most favourite anime character all time levi
disagree with it

Hanji like rest of them are fools for not thinking paradis future like Eren.

If all of them end dying I am talking about Hanji and all those who oppose Eren I honestly can t say anythingelse other than you guys seal your own fate and I can t feel sympathy for you guys even If it levi who dies.

I still supporting Eren plan I am not sway by trivial morals if it for greater good

Heck at this point I don t care who lives or dies anymore. Most of them shortsight or jerkass or not thinking this through.

give Jean cookie point for being only one who actually think for paradis future

Hanji really annoy me this chapter. her lets be friend attitude and up stupid moral compass makes her stupid and causing me nausea.

I honestly don t like direction how story is heading now.

So Eren is potray as bad guy and scapegoat just because he wants to protect people he care about? Hanji saying they were able to talk without killing each other ironics that because Eren being so call big bad there were able to do that or not this situation will never happen.

Levi should think about this what will happen If Eren is stop and what will happen to paradis future? Levi is the type who pragramatic and priotiose logic over feelings. If oppose Eren I need big reason why. Immoral? He should know Eren reason

Everyone besides Eren and Jean from paradis side turn numbskull on me.

Eren might have went too far but like jean said they push him too this and force his hand.

Last edited:

Jedidiyah

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
"Through whatever means Isayama comes up with". Indeed. This is getting tedious, I am sorry to say. After superpowering Eren to high heaven it feels like Isayama is lost as to what to do next, and is throwing all the broken eggs (Levi, literally) against the wall hoping that enough sticks to make an omelette. Somehow. For all the belated moral hand-ringing and coming together of the wounded souls there wasn't a single lucid idea as to how super-Eren is supposed to be stopped now. So this seems to be moving toward a plot supertwist deus ex machina that fixes everything at once. In the past there was enough ambiguity and mystery about the titan powers, royal blood, Ymir, the Paths, the Rumbling, time travel and so on for something to jump out of the box naturally. But after all the big reveals of the last chapters we are scraping the bottom, and the time for glorious finale has been missed. What is left out there? Conscientious shifters, whose powers are at Eren's disposal? Historia and her baby? Zeke, condition unknown? They'll get an audience with Ymir and get her to stop obeying Eren with the power of righteousness and the greater good? It is like a dragged out epilogue that won't end, but without a finale to round out.

Last edited:

fetysella

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
Why would Hange did not think what they going to do in future after they stop eren. All are worthless except yelena and jean who is speaking brutal truth. Annie ask if they goin to kill eren, come on peps, they could just reply "If talking some sense doesnt work with eren, then they have no choice to kill him." The real question mikasa and the others should be asking the marleyans is "What happen if Eren is succesfully defeated, will reiner, gabi, pieck and the others still want to kill eren to get the founding titan? Because that is their main goal right? To get eren, cuz of the founding titan. Lets be real here. In the end, the marleyans will be the bad guys here. Gabi still have the intention to kill eren, she mention it many times. She just need an opportunities. She did it twice already, kill sasha and shot eren. Both she did it when she sees the opening. Remember when she ask falco to turn into titan, which hint killing connie while armin is helping her? She knows armin is friend with connie. Thats proof. Do mikasa and the others really think after taking down eren, the marleyan will stop?They wont stop until they reach their main goal to get the founding titan. Sorry guys, at this point, i am with Eren.

yukistorm33

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Boy, Isayama did a great job on this chapter.

I was wondering last chapter how everyone was going to team up when everyone had a grudge against the other side. Though to be honest I want Eren‘s plan to work.

seta

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I'm done with these eren's fanboy If you think genocide is something positive Go find a psychologist..

About this chapter yelena is sound more reasonable about pointing the blood in the hand of others especially Armin How always pacifist but he himself indulged some dark Tendencies about abandoning humanity for greater good..

That not a hate i understand him because he and everyone believes humanity outside of walls are gone by some mindless monsters and sometimes you need drastic actions out of necessity to survive.

His conflicted feelings are born in uprising because he have to kill humans How have diferents ideologies and things to protect. And the same goes for Jean mikasa Connie Sasha and the other survey corps.. killing soldiers is a part of job..
Killing unarmed civillian. regardless of greater good is amoral and os only natural to feel remorseful about that..

Gessekai

Reaction score
Country
United States
Wow, I totally forgot Jean has a crush on Mikasa. Though day dreaming about having a baby with her is a little.......weird considering the current circumstances, lol
Feels more like a foreshadow/glimpse at the future than a daydream, IMO.

Edit: maybe not, since he’s imagining his self in the central district. I feel like Jean and Mikasa will happen regardless though. lol

Felruci

Reaction score
Country
United States
I hope that Jean day dream is not foreshadowing anything, though it freakishly resembles that last panel of the manga that was released. Mikasa and Eren should be together life&death.

Isayama messed up this chapter. This sudden team up none-sense is not believable and its way too late for it to occur now. This should have happened way before the rumbling. Would have been ideal while this shaky alliance was being built between the two side an opposing faction in marlye started the surprise attack causing the rumbling. It would be more believable than what we have now. Hange way of dealing with this is "it's ok if we get wiped but we can't do it to others". What is her plan for after they stop Eren? sing kumbaya with few marlyeans (who hold no position of major power) in her team and everything will be just ok? Marlyeans made a choice. How can you so easily forget what happened just recently. Again not enough time to build up this change of heart.

Yelena and Jean were the MVP in this chapter.

I'm done with these eren's fanboy If you think genocide is something positive Go find a psychologist..

About this chapter yelena is sound more reasonable about pointing the blood in the hand of others especially Armin How always pacifist but he himself indulged some dark Tendencies about abandoning humanity for greater good..

That not a hate i understand him because he and everyone believes humanity outside of walls are gone by some mindless monsters and sometimes you need drastic actions out of necessity to survive.

His conflicted feelings are born in uprising because he have to kill humans How have diferents ideologies and things to protect. And the same goes for Jean mikasa Connie Sasha and the other survey corps.. killing soldiers is a part of job..
Killing unarmed civillian. regardless of greater good is amoral and os only natural to feel remorseful about that..
Dude you're way too late to genocide party. I don't get your point here but lets look at the reality of this story. It's wipe or be wiped. What part don't you understand? Yes mass genocide is not good but not like they had any other choice, did they? They warned them not to mess around with us or we'll do this. Did they listen? Do you support Zeke's plan? How is it any different? that is assuming if Marlye didn't try to end them sooner.

I want Isayama to stick to reality and not some retarded belief. At this point it's way too late to stop Eren with force unless he stops himself. Remember each of those colossal titans can generate heat which also effect actual titans let alone humans on reg 3d manuv gear. One way Eren might be able to stop is.... While destroying a city, he might see a child/children who are crying over a couple/someone and remembers his own childhood, Zeke having seen what happened tries to get to/console him from within while others Mikasa/Connie... from outside try to show him what he is causing... or something like that. I absolutely don't want to see him being forcefully stopped.