1. Want to read legit manga from Mangahelpers?! Get in here!
  2. The new season of the Anime League is here! Tell us which new Anime of this season you liked the most so far!
  3. Congratulations to MarmaladeSky for winning the Witch Halloween Special Art contest!

Voting has begun for the Winter Art Contests: Avatar & Signature Set, Photography and Short Stories .

This is the final scheduled contest for the year and we would like to say a big thank you to all those who have participated and engaged in the Contests and the Art community in general throughout the year. Your contributions were invaluable!!
  4. The Husbando Wars have finally begun! Nominate your Husbando now!
  5. Starting from mid-February or so we'll be going through the media gallery and sorting through the submissions there to ensure they match with our recent changes listed in the Media Gallery Guide.
    As such some media files will be removed, so please be sure to look through your media and ensure it is up to requirements If you have any questions, contact a global/admin.
Though artists in particular, everyone please do check out the [MEDIA GUIDE] , as there are information relevant for you all. Thanks!

Chapter Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 100 Discussion/ 101 Predictions

Discussion in 'Shingeki no Kyojin' started by Farfalla, Dec 4, 2017.

?

Who's Eren's ally/contact in Marley? (you may pick more than one option)

1. Zeke

47.4%
  2. Magath

7.9%
  3. Willy

7.9%
  4. Kiyomi (the asian lady)

52.6%
  5. Someone else (who? you may comment)

18.4%
  6. No one

5.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. gnut

gnut Registered User

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member

United States
    Nah....kkck is right remember reiner's head got blown off iirc.
    He did some hocus-pocus bumbo jumbo and transferred his consciousness to his spine....
    Fucked him up more than he was already...but lived:XD

2. mattiaildivino

mattiaildivino Registered User

九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!

Italy
    To tell the truth, Willy's speech is just dumb, how can all those faggots believe him and applaud him?? :-_- , if he wasn't lying, then I truly hope he dies a terrible death. As for the rest, I used to believe the Warriors had their reason to do that to the Walls, instead they are just admitting how wrong they were. This absolutely makes Ymir's decision to save them just more stupid... :fail

3. DarkLordOfKichiku

DarkLordOfKichiku Translator

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member

Sweden
    ... Well, I certainly hope that the Eldians in the crowd don't fall for his bullshit - he clearly mentions that he too wishes for the extinction of his own people during his speech after all - but considering how brainwashed they are... Meh. As for the Marleyans and foreign people; considering they consider eldians filth and so forth, I'm hardly surprised about them getting teary-eyed of joy at the thought of fightning these'enemies of the world (and worse)...

4. dsmithspears

dsmithspears Registered User

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner

United States
    He needed him as leverage I feel like if Eren wanted to Kill then he would’ve done so, and he explained that he understood Reiner because he just wanted to be a hero.
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 7, 2017, Original Post Date: Dec 7, 2017 ---
    Not gonna lie as a black dude reading the chapter I understood Willy even though I hate him. Idk if the author did this intentionally (I.e the Willy-lynch syndrome.) A lot of black men, and women hates themselves because they were taught that they were inferior during slavery. Many would turn on their own brothers, and sisters to avoid abuse or get in good with master. It’s really not to far off from reality, so I feel a lot of Eldians despite hating their position probably agree with Willy because of the cultural norm. Same with Jews during the holocaust.

Sapewloth, FireFist, Giangi and 2 others like this.
  5. Demonspeed

Demonspeed Furniture

Global Moderator

France
    Isn't he killed by Eren on the last page?

6. kkck

kkck MH Senpai

神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike

Fire Nation
    Well, nice chapter. Though I can't say it made a speck of sense to me. Mostly because the conclusion seems to be that eren is just arbitrarily evil and wants to destroy everyone outside paradise. Which.... come on, that can't be true. Eren just told reyner he spent years infiltrating the damn place, all of which he has done... At this point if eren wanted to destroy the world he likely could, just send his titans to trample everything. Not to mention that what he just did, holding the world hostage, pretty much requires a lot of inside help. Damn, I want the next few chapters just to see what the plan actually is. I just hope eren doesn't want to make himself into the enemy so that the world unites against him. It is also about damn time we see armin and mikasa. Neither has been seen in over a year by now.

Farfalla likes this.
  7. Salamander2685

Salamander2685 Registered User

United States
    It truly looked like eren killed him

8. Hll

Hll Registered User

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity

India
    Is Reiner dead? Or is he just absorbed?
    Eitherway,looks like his character is at end,now either the Armored Titan will go to that kid(whose name I can't remember right now.) or Gabi.

I am surprised that Eren transformed,probably killing people in the building he was under without a second thought,wonder how much more heartless he has become.

Overall,I think that in the next few chapters,we will see the Attack Titan and the War Hammer Titan fight,Or at least someone fight Eren,otherwise our main character would basically commit countless murder on people,who dont need any more reasons to hate him and his people.

9. Arjuna

Arjuna Registered User

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted

India
    Well I will do a proper analysis later but all I can say chapter was a masterpiece.

But regarding Reiner I don't think he died or was absorbed.He is too important a character to die.Same with Falco who was basically shown as the counterpart of Eren in Marley.

Regarding Falco,his emotions were beautifully portrayed in this chapter.The shock and the horror at the revelation was pretty natural for him in that situation.

PineappleO likes this.
  10. Battou

Battou Azir

Global Moderator

Uruguay
    I wonder, i suppose he's injured enough to prevent him from shifting? (same with willy IF he is the war hammer titan and well, if he didn't died.) or even knocked out from the explosion.

11. dsmithspears

dsmithspears Registered User

United States
    I feel like they wouldn’t have gone through so much trouble of reintroducing him into the plot, and revealing the commonalities he shares with Eren to kill him? I feel likes it’s more in lines that Eren wants to Rehiner on his side.

12. Farfalla

Farfalla Honorary Viking

Mangahelper

Norway
    Hm, I don't recall that, but you might be right.
    Also, Reiner was in titan form when that happened to him, I forgot to consider that. Not sure if they were regenerate the same way if they were beheaded as a human, for example. I don't recall the series having a situation like that xD

I didn't mean it like Eren wanting to kill Falco, more like not caring about if he dies as a consequence of the attack. But tbh I couldn't read the chapter yet ><
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 7, 2017, Original Post Date: Dec 7, 2017 ---
    I agree with this! I have the feeling he won't promote some carnage of the sorts but might aim for specific goals. His whole story about Reiner revolves around how him and Bert were able to massacre innocent people to achieve their goal, how they were assassins and monsters cause of that, how much he hated them and would never forgive them CAUSE OF THAT, and so on... Levi is another one that couldn't cope well with the idea of murdering innocent humans, I don't think he'd take part in a plan like that (and it's likely they are all a part of said plan).

Eren also promised to erradicate the titans, so maybe what @Ephesos said makes sense, both Eren and Willy could have had the same agenda.

13. Goldniti2

Goldniti2 Registered User

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member

United Kingdom
    Sheesh always so negative and bitter, anyway I hope falco survived I don't want to see his story end here

14. Farfalla

Farfalla Honorary Viking

Mangahelper

Norway
    I think this will be the case tbh. I mean. He did ask Reiner to listen to Willy' speech. He waited until Willy declared Eren as an enemy of humanity. Then he came out wreking the ground in front of people from all the world and murdered someone they trusted in a brutal way. I guess he wants to entice the whole world on pursuing every single titan. That being said... MY POOR ARMIN Ç_Ç

15. POW

POW Registered User

United States
    I hope he remembers to chew while in titan form. Warhammer will be a nice addition .

- I thought Eren would make a speech to the crowd ...hmmm maybe later.... lmfao

- Also the scene at the start with them chatting in carriage reminded me of the scene with Erwin speaking to Darius Zackly shortly before he went off on his last mission.

- So the reconquista by Eldians of the world begins with a bang.. Eren declares war on the world.

16. Pheromone

Pheromone Registered User

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member

Tartaros
    That was one of the best manga chapters I've ever read in my life.

I'm loving what I'm seeing from Eren, that was so goddamn smooth.

How exactly is the final conflict supposed to be set-up? Eren's essentially united the entire world closer together against Paradis through his making a "martyr" of Tybur, but even that doesn't change the fact that the scales lean heavily toward Paradis already, with the firepower and personnel on their hands?

17. kalerab

kalerab Registered User

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member

Slovakia
    Well I just hope this will not turn in Lelouch rip-off of Eren uniting whole world against Paraids in JustAsPlanned stage.

That would be weak.

But I am still buffled by Eren objectives. Kill Marley leadership? Okay, you have still whole world who believes the same thing they do. So what else? Just go on full-on rampage against the world? OOC bit much. Really not sure what he (and probably Zeke) are cooking.

18. mugen

mugen Registered User

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity

Mexico
    Finally!! After a whole year of lackadaisical progress in the story, some action. I have to say, I love Eren, just as much as when the series started.

I completely sympathize with him. I’m glad that he’s able to see past the farce of Willy. I just hope to see some plan from Paradise but I sense that there may have been a dispute among the paradis residents. Poor Falco and the rest of the eldians who died in the crumbling of the stage and building.

I’m hoping that this part of the series’ll depict Eren more of a leader and much less of a hothead...

19. Eigengrau

Eigengrau Registered User

The Wall
    Not necessarily.

- Willy goes on with his super duper speech;
    - Everyone cries and rallies together;
    - Willy is fucking killed out of nowhere;
    - Eren: "So? Sup? Wut u gonna do now?"
    - the world: "lol nothing, fuck it, he dead."

That's probably not what's gonna happen, but it's a very plausible scenario.

The guy who rallied them together just died.

That's like your commander giving you one hell of a speech before your squad goes on the assault, except that right before you do he gets headshotted and dies. Would you really keep the same motivation? I don't think so.

Especially if Willy was the War Hammer Titan... That's just a loss that they can't cover.

20. Jedidiyah

Jedidiyah Registered User

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member

United States
    Well, we learned a few things. First, Eldians have a superweapon (maybe), the Wall Titans, king Fritz was good for something. If Eren wants to turn Paradis into a version of Israel, as DarkLordOfKichiku suggested, this would be their nuke, the ultimate deterrent. And since such things require demonstrations the Wall Titans might take a walk after all.

Second, Willy seems to be under the impression that Eren can use the coordinate fully despite his murky bloodline. This impression, however, is based on Reiner’s old report, presumably from the time when Eren controlled mindless titans after touching Dina. If so, Eren does not have the superweapon and Willy is mistaken (or there will be another “reveal” and the royal blood is not needed after all). Eren does know, presumably, whether he can order the Wall Titans around or not, so maybe this is going towards a show of force and a colossal, literally, bluff.

Willy’s speech took a different turn from last chapter, now Paradis Eldians are “the devils” and Tibers are false saviors who Willy desperately wants to make into true ones, retroactively, by sacrificing himself. Oh, and the rest of Paradis. Or so it sounds. How he plans to stop the walk of the Wall Titans, if indeed he believes that Eren can make it happen, is unclear. Even if peoples of the world unite against Paradis they would still get stomped, Willy tells us. Maybe he wants to scare everybody off so they believe they need Marley despite the anti-titan weapons. In short, what he says makes little sense for now.