1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Want to try an epicly kawaii RPG? Check this out!
  3. Time for a new Set Art Contest! Submissions for Chibi Avatar & Signature Set Contest has begun. Express your fondness for chibi art!

Also, you may vote for your favorite piece in the Love Story Poem Contest !

The winner of Bad Weather Photography Contest is Arjuna ! Congratulations!
  4. The Manga League is finally here!
  5. The new season of the Anime League is here!
  6. Join Shiki's quest through space to find new Nakama!
  7. [​IMG]
    We are starting with chapter 1 on August 19th.
  8. Want to read legit manga from Mangahelpers?! Get in here!

Chapter Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 108 Discussion / 109 Predictions

Discussion in 'Shingeki no Kyojin' started by Farfalla, Aug 3, 2018.

1. Eigengrau

Eigengrau Registered User

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity

The Wall
    Hmm I don't think that's true at all. Can't speak much for Annie, but Bert did say the only time they had some respite was while they pretended to be soldiers, and that they truly saw the rest as friends.

As for Reiner, he mockingly made some observations as to how they truly were devils by saying they would share a half a potato but not really doing so...

They all saw for themselves that the stuff they were fed since birth was lies, but they still had a mission to carry out and come back home to their families.

Gabbi will surely remember what Reiner said and will probably connect the dots.

I mean personally I much prefer for Gabbi to see the truth by herself and without the aid of any of the main cast, I think that's a clever way to go about it.

Now, will she change her whole mind right away? Probably not, but it may very well be enough to plant the seeds of doubt in her.

2. Sapewloth

Sapewloth Registered User

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner

France
    Can you give your reasons as to why it wouldn't make sense?

I've tried to look at it from every angle and the only argument that I see that would go against it is inconvenience. Eren would have to sneak out regularly to find Historia and have sex with her until she becomes pregnant, which would be relatively difficult considering the fact that they don't live together. Farmer-kun wouldn't have that problem if he was invited to live with the Queen.

Other than I don't see why Eren wouldn't be a reasonable option. He has expressed his concern for Historia's fate in multiple chapters before and after the timeskip, and if he considered her becoming pregnant a way to avoid having her and her offspring be sacrificed aka turned into titans/eaten after 13 years, then he would have no reason not to advise her to do it. MPs speculate that the one who informed the Queen of their plans is Yelena but if we put this assumption under scrutiny a question clearly comes up: would the Queen really do as a bunch of Marleyans who don't necessarily have hers and Paradis' best interests at heart say? And the answer is clearly no. That is, unless she was a) threatened, which wouldn't make sense since they have no leverage against her as she's on her own territory and can have them rounded up and hanged anytime, or b) informed by someone she actually trusts. The only person we know who fits the description and whose goals seems to align with Zeke's is Eren. It's also why the hooded figure=Eren theory is so popular, because yeah, it actually makes sense.

Now we're reaching the part I was initially discussing. If the Queen was advised by Eren to become pregnant and had a say in her choice of partner, do you think she would rather go for some random country hick who used to throw rocks at her or someone she's shared life changing experiences and formed a solid friendship with?

The way I see it, Isayama clearly wants us to question the story of the MPs and put it under closer scrutiny to spot its inconsistencies. Otherwise he wouldn't have Rogue (a drunk) and Nile (who's once chosen love over fighting for his country -unlike Erwin- and who, from his limited perspective, believes the Queen simply did the same when there's clearly bigger things going on) discuss the situation. He could use Historia's pov so that the information would be 100% reliable.

3. Eigengrau

The Wall
    - Eren was against that idea right from the start
    [​IMG]

- Having a child for the sole purpose of keeping a family lineage going and for them to be used early on in their life... that's pretty much what Grisha and Dina did: they had Zeke and saw him as a tool, not as their son, and it fucked everything up (or did it?)... Eren would never repeat that cycle knowing fully well what happened in the past;

- We already know this and Eren has already seen it time and time again: how could he ever have a child knowing his/her whole purpose would be to breed more children and live a very short and shitty life for the sake of others? Eren is the fucking man who fights for freedom, no way in hell would he ever start a family knowing fully well that his descendants for decades to come would all be born in shackles with their purpose already mapped out, never living a life of their own and being free to do and be whatever they want... it literally goes against every fiber that makes Eren Yeager the man he is.

That doesn't meant he would have to be the one to actually get her pregnant, he could still do all of that.

Regardless, you said it yourself:

"and if he considered her becoming pregnant a way"

She's still getting pregnant as a means to an end, not because she actually wants to have a baby -> having a baby for a definite purpose - and not out of love - still falls in line with the same stuff that happened with Zeke, you're just pushing your ideals and stuff into the next generation.

Historia getting pregnant only delays the inevitable for 9 months unless they find an alternative: after Historia has her baby, she will have to eat Zeke as agreed, and her baby will still have to eat her 13 years later, rinse and repeat.

So in the end Eren would be risking giving the same life anyhow to the baby and all its future descendants, something that he absolutely will not do.

It doesn't matter at all who the father is considering it's pretty much canon to say that Historia was a lesbian and/or probably never intended on getting pregnant or something.

For her to "get it on" with X or Y would pretty much be the same thing.

Besides, the country hick story actually makes a lot of sense, I don't see what's so unbelievable about it, and chances are Historia has spent more time with said man overall than with Eren.

She grew up with him and saw him become a man who bowed his head down and tried to make up for everything by working in the orphanage and essentially being a nobody his whole life.

I mean, in a certain sense that's as pure a guy you're going to find inside the Walls.

Well, if it was indeed Eren, wouldn't they have been able to verify it somehow, and point out how there's a certain "conflict of interest" there?

Instead it's said hick who poses absolutely no threat and isn't allied with anything or anyone.

But wasn't that what we've just seen? From the panels it's kinda implied to be somewhat accurate because we get a glimpse of her emotions.

Also, even though we haven't been told clearly how much time as passed, wouldn't it be safe to assume that Eren is not the father because he was in Marley for a likely long period of time?

4. The Last Shifter

The Last Shifter Registered User

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member

United States
    If that girl that invited Gabbi and Falco back to their home is the girl that Sasha saved inside wall rose...
    Then they will hear the story how Sasha bravely put her life on the line to save her.
    Gabbi will realize thats the same girl she killed.
    Gabbi may confess to doing so.
    Gabbi may realize shes a stupid little brat girl b**** that should off herself after she remembers that the same girl (Sasha) spared her life.

If not, shes still in trouble if the Marlyean that cooks for Sasha's family point her out. (Because it was told to him that Sasha was killed by a captured Marlyean warrior).

5. himself007

himself007 Registered User

Sunspear
    Good riddance, yes.

I think somewhere in the manga it was said that Ymir only lived 13 years? Assuming this and that she actually encountered some sort of biological material that could've altered her DNA to be able to titanize she wouldn't've be able to be the mother of a entire human race. So I agree with you Ymir powers could be massive, and I'm going around the lines that she actually altered the DNA of those that worshiped her so thats why we have the Eldians.

Or maybe just by being around those humans she altered their DNA. So yes, she have the potential to alter humans, it makes sense, does it? well, who knows. Isayama does xD

Isayama approach seems to me like Shyamalan on the movie "The Village" he doesn't show us the outside, because it would kill the tale. So, maybe people outside do know who the Eldians were and are assuming that's their modus operandi and can't trust them anymore, also let's say people do believe they want peace, its forever threating to have a sort of humankind who can learn and discover new tech but can also be physically unmatched around earth if turned into titans. Basically normal humans are forever threated by Eldians and peace is what this Eldian society wants, what about the future? They could change, if they do, they would have everything to take the world.

In my view, humans should not attack Paradis, it's a poor decision based solely on retaliation and Marley military personnel will to own the Founding Titan. In the end they can't destroy the titans and the world end is an actual reality if the Rumble is activated. So by making peace they could study 3DGM properly and master it, maybe even build an Ackerman of their own overtime and in time commit genocide in Paradis and wipe them from the face of earth. Humans have the numbers to do so. By making war now or in 6 months they are only strengthening Paradis disposition for future generations to retaliate.

When you think about the old times of this tale, What comes to mind? Also, by peace you mean threating the world with the info that the Rumble can be activated? So, basically continuing the eating cycle? When Krueger explains to Grisha how the titan powers work, he says that someone will always inherit a power and I wonder if that would make them able to use the Rumble or it would be forever lost.

I have another reason why he's not the father.
    Timing!
    It seems Eren has been on his mission for over a year, infiltrating an army, getting acquaintances, learning new costumes, all that takes time and there's no info as far as I know that Eren and Zecke got around before that year, so in order to infiltrate Marley, then got back there to bang Historia, then got back to fight a war and declare wartime against Marley seems hard to buy for someone who was so against the eating cycle. It could have happened but it's more Yelena thing, she's the one that loves Zecke.

Also, Zecke knew he's a royal, he never bothered to bang another to keep the cycle going as far as we know..... maybe their plan is really to do something around the destruction of titan powers indeed.

Seriously, Eldians should put him to have sex with the most number of females ASAP, he should be the one to grow the royals again, not poor Historia, her family should be a backup royal family based on love.... T.T

6. Sapewloth

France
    No he hasn't.

The flashback we see in chapter 108 is from 1 year ago and Eren was still on Paradis with everyone, so he could've only been gone for less than a year.
    [​IMG]

Hanji's plan was for everyone to go abroad and have negociations with the rest of the world. We know Yelena was also in Marley and I highly doubt Paradis would let her and the other volunteers come and go as they please so she must have left along with everyone else or at least with Eren. Which means either she, Eren or another volunteer could've warned Historia and could be the hooded figure monitoring her movements.

Yes, he was against the idea of having Historia become a breeding sow and a titan shifter only to be eaten by one of her children, thus continuing the bloody history of the Reiss family... Which has nothing to do with what I'm talking about.
    Here, advising Historia to bear one child was done in order to buy Zeke time, which actually prevents her from having to turn into a shifter right away. If Eren wants to prevent the bloody history from repeating and still wants Historia and her offspring to live a long life without fear of being eaten in 13 years, he would have no other choice but to go against the Paradis governement's plan one way or another, and we know their plan was to feed Zeke to Historia as soon as they would get him. If the only way to prevent that is to have Historia bear a child, then he would obviously advise her to do it.

But that's exactly my point. Why would he tell her to find someone to get pregnant when only inconvenience prevents him from doing it himself? I'm not talking about love or shipping here, don't misunderstand me. I'm talking about the kind of person Eren is and the kind of relationship he has with Historia. They are close friends, that much is a given. And we know Eren is someone who takes his responsibilities. If he were the one to propose the plan to have Historia become pregnant and if both of them had a say in the matter, what do you think would be the more likely scenario? Them doing it together and then Historia using farmer-kun as a cover up to avoid having the MP/Garrison draw the connection between Eren and Zeke/Yelena and possibly being accused of treason, or Historia going to find farmer-kun to impregnate her when she had no prior relationship with him aside from the bullying she used to suffer in her childhood? Getting pregnant as a means to an end doesn't in itself invalidate the possibility that Eren could be the father.
    And regarding the last sentence, well it's fairly easy to assume Eren is actually trying to find an alternative so that Historia doesn't have to suffer, as he's shown his concern pretty much everytime the subject was brought up, and since he had no reason to suddenly change his mind about her. But for that he needs time and delaying Historia's sacrifice was the best option available, simple as that.

Now you're the one who's using a shipping argument to disprove my point. Historia being a lesbian isn't canon. She had strong feelings for Ymir but Isayama never confirmed that she was only interested in women, unlike Ymir who had a panel where her sexual preference was actually brought up.
    I'm not arguing about whether X or Y being the father matters in the grand scheme of things, I'm arguing about who would be more likely to be the father, nuance. And sorry if I come off as rude, but the rest of your paragraph sounds exactly like something Nile would say. We know the man once chose forming a family over fighting for his nation (see his discussion with Erwin in chapter 53), and from his point of view Historia's alleged love story makes sense and shouldn't be questionned (which funnily enough completely contradicts your claim that Historia is a lesbian, since she would've fallen for a man). However, Rogue and the flashback panel of Historia meeting farmer-kun are clearly meant to show us how misguided that viewpoint is, considering not only the ridiculously on point timing of the pregnancy and the face Historia was making as she went to find her childhood bully.

They wouldn't have been able to verify it precisely because the farmer would've been used as a cover up by Historia herself. Farmer-kun didn't have to be allied with Eren to be used as a pawn, which he clearly was, in my opinion, regardless of whether or not he is the father.

Why would Isayama only show us one panel of her emotions and the hooded figure when he could have just dedicated a chapter to her narrating her story and circumstances?

Also, like I already told @himself007, Eren could have only left for less than a year, and we don't know when he and the others left Paradis exactly.

tl;dr I still don't think you've provided a sound argument as to why Eren couldn't have been the father.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2018
  7. Eigengrau

The Wall
    Nothing against him being the adviser or something of the sort. My money would still be on Armin although Eren being the one to go and see her right before he leaves to Marley to try and find another solution also would make a lot of sense.

Regarding the first sentence which I underlined:

If we can agree that Eren wouldn't want his own children to become part of a breeding cycle for 50 years (for the reasons I mentioned), I think we can also agree on the fact that "oh okay so I'll just get you pregnant so we can buy 9 months" is essentially the exact same outcome unless they manage to change anything.

Eren wouldn't just do that to buy time if that meant the same outcome could befall his lineage for generations to come... To me that doesn't make much sense since it's all the same in the end.

Personally I don't see anything special regarding the bond between Eren and Historia, but what about this "inconvenience" and "responsabilities"?

As it was mentioned in this chapter, Historia can chose whichever partner/heir she wants since she's the Queen, Eren has absolutely no say in the matter.

Doesn't sound like Eren at all to me for him to go over her and say "hey, you might want to get pregnant and I can do that with you".

It's not his burden, it's Historia's, so he wouldn't have to be "responsible" about anything the way I see it.

For the exact same reason that Eren doesn't want any of his friends to inherit his Titan so that they might have a shot at living a long life, I don't see Historia asking Eren to be her man and in doing so forcing him to also repeat his cycle, I think we can all agree that Eren has enough going already - with him holding the Founding and dealing with his short lifespan - and having him do it would just put a lot more unnecessary mental strain and burden on his mind, which he really doesn't need.

But like I said, Eren shouldn't have a say in the matter at all. If anything, I imagine that this exchange at the most could've taken place:

- Eren: "You must become pregnant."
    - Historia: "Would you...?"
    - Eren: "..."
    - Historia: "Haha, just kidding... yeah, I'll do it."

(but with a somber tone, obviously)

But don't you think that would be just way too damn convenient?
    That it just so happens that this particular farmer guy used to be a kid that threw stones at her who then decided to atone for his past mistakes and work the farms/orphanage?

For me that's incredibly reaching out there, it's far to convenient and deus ex machina-like.

"It's okay Eren, you can be the father because this guy that works here is a kid that used to throw stones at me but now he's a good guy doing an honorable job even though he's not living a very fulfilling life and people will just assume that I saw the good in him and because of this bond that we've always had I see him as a fitting person to be the father of my children"

I mean to me this being the case just doesn't make sense at all... for all of this to be conveniently "true" (even though we did see them kids in her flashback) just to be used as a cover for someone else to be the father is just way too out there and needlessly complicated for no reason at all.

You know how people always say that little boys pull the hair of girls they like and/or do reprehensible things just to get their attention.

But they did have some form of relationship. One of the things that just seals the deal for me are the two middle pannels down here:
    [​IMG]

While in their childhood the other kids were trying to get her attention while she worked, now farmer-kun has literally taken her place (same pose, same task) and she's the one now who's coming to him/wants something from him.

For me that really solidifies Historia's choice as being real. If this was fake/a cover I wouldn't imagine Isayama making such detailed and symbolic imagery for nothing, but that's just me.

It does for me when the outcome for Eren's children ends up being the exact same after 9 months.

Again, let's say that this is Eren's train of thought:

"I don't want to have a kid with Historia just for the sole purpose of keeping this "plan" going, and forcing generations to come to live a short life that will never be theirs, only for them to be used for the greater good, exactly how it happened with Zeke, the cycles will just keep on repeating forever and nothing will change"

Ok, so why would Eren still want to go through with it when after 9 months there's still 99.9% chance (maybe not that high but kinda) of the same fate befalling Historia and his kids anyway, since no one had found any alternative yet, and they still haven't (I think)?

"Historia will eat Zeke, and then Historia will have to bear lots of kids for them eat her and then do that for 50 years at least"
    Eren: "NO!"
    "Okay, so why don't you impregnate Historia, so we can buy 9 months' worth of time, even though we still have no clue what else we could do, and after those 9 months Historia will still have to become a Titan, and then your kid will eat her, and his kids will eat him, etc. for 50+ years?"
    EREN: "Okay :D!"

For me that scenario doesn't make any sense. If Eren would never do something like that, then he would never align himself with a plan where the outcome is exactly the same after just 9 months unless he knew for damn sure that another solution would be found, but I highly doubt that happened.

Agree with that, but again he doesn't need to be the father for that to be true.

I never said that she "fell" for him, only that he was a suitable, honorable man for the job, and it would make sense for Historia to pick him to be the father. Doesn't really contradict anything I said.

She had to get pregnant one way or another, and of course she didn't have any time to spare to actually fall in love or something like that.

Love could never be involved in such a short period of time, but respect and some degree of affection could.

I don't really see it as misguided. She was making that face because, yeah, if it were up to her she wouldn't be getting pregnant now and/or she wouldn't ever want to become a shifter... I mean she almost started crying when Eren said he didn't want that for her because neither did she, she almost broke down.

But here she's just like, must do whatever must be done, and picking farmer-kun was probably the best option she had.

And that's another thing I mean... for me it's just weird to imagine Historia would be asking her friends to be the father of her children... I mean there's a lot of people debating that Eren/Jean/Connie/Floch would be the fathers, and I just don't get it, especially when everyone very well knows what the outcome for those children is meant to be.

Farmer-kun, however, doesn't and probably never will until it's too late, and it makes sense to pick someone oblivious to the whole thing like that.

I think Historia picking farmer-kun who's not exactly a random guy but still random enough makes much more sense than having one of her close friends impregnate her... Don't really know how similar situations IRL would go but I don't see friends impregnating friends as a favor of sorts.

If the people in SnK had a means of getting pregnant without direct intercouse, then maybe kinda I could it see it happen? But as it stands I just don't see it, at all.

Because it doesn't matter... she had to get pregnant one way or another, and she did. We already know why she had to get pregnant and what it was meant to accomplish/avoid for 9 months.

She didn't want to get pregnant unless necessary (which it was), and we could see it in her face at the end of last chapter and this one panel with her emotions that you mentioned: she didn't want to, but she had to, and she did, and it's all that matters.

If anything, we're likely to get the hooded person's POV of the events, when we're being told just exactly what those 9 months were supposed to get them.

I imagine if this is truly Yelena she's be talking about Zeke's plan or something, I don't know, but as for Historia we already know all there is to know.

And again, I'll reiterate just this point:

Just as Eren doesn't want any of his frends to become shifters because he wants them to be happy and live long lives, I don't see Historia forcing that burden on her friends as well.

Eren has his own burden to carry, just as Historia has. She has royal blood so she will have to get the deed done regardless.

Would any of the guys say no to her, if she asked them? Probably not, they would all be willing candidates just as everyone was willing to inherit Eren's powers.

But for the same reason that Eren told them no, I also don't see Historia imposing such a burden on them, again, especially when everyone else involved already knows what would happen to their descendants for generations to come.

It's safe to say that Historia would never want that for ANYONE in the world, to go through such a vicious cycle, but if she had to pick between people she knew and cared about, and someone she barely knows and probably has no clue of the grand scheme?

I think the choice is obvious, and I sincerely don't see her getting impregnated by a friend.

8. ExtremiS

ExtremiS Registered User

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member

Thailand
    I wonder why historia need to eat zeke right away? For the sake of earth rumbling, ok but the ritual eating thing take only like 10-15 min right? Why cant we just have random eldian like a prisoner turned into titan and eat zeke then we confined him, weaken him. essentially use him as titan power storage waiting for when the real threat come, that way only that guy need to be replace every 13 years. If the war come to paradis, historia or her normal family can immediately turn into titan and eat the storage (even the storage time still left but who care about them?), using rumbling once and forall then died 13 years later, eaten by storage again and kept the power lock away.

himself007 likes this.
  9. Darksiders

Darksiders Registered User

England
    Does Historia know about what happened to Ymir? Because man if she's depressed now hate to think what she'll do if she doesn't know.

himself007 likes this.
  10. Farfalla

Farfalla Permacranky~

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member

Mangahelper

Tuvalu
    There's something I don't understand yet ç.ç... Dunno if I missed it in one of those posts.
    But why is the Best Titan being inherited by Historia something critical in Hizuru's plan?
    I understand having someone with royal blood at reach to be used with the Fouding Titan in cases of need, due to the Command ability, but even that would demand drastic and sudden sacrifices, since the SC wiped out the titans outside of the walls, no? They'd need to get more titans to have an army, using their own people.
    But that point aside, I don't see the correlation of the Beast Titan + royal blood during 50y as necessary for the rumbling plan xD

11. Arjuna

Arjuna Registered User

九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!

India
    This theory proves Eren is hooded figure

12. Eigengrau

The Wall
    They don't know much about Titan powers, and that's a huge risk.

Zeke (royal blood) -> Historia (royal blood).

What if by having random people in between mess things up, power-wise? It's best to not take any chances.

I'm also certain that Historia would be against the idea of using innocents lives to contain the Beast Titan.

What if they get away? What if they kill themselves and the power is lost forever? There's a ton of possibilities for things to go wrong and they can't afford it.

She probably does. She knew she was going to die, and it's likely that she was briefed on what happened and the multiple shifters they faced and who they were.

[​IMG]

Part 1 of the plan is them using the Founding Titan/rumbling right away to show the world (finally) that they DO have the power AND will use it if it comes to that.

By showing the power it will hopefully create a stalemate where the other countries won't try to risk anything, and in the meantime (50+ years) Hizuru would strengthen their foundations/relations.

And a lot of people are assuming that means he is the father ._.

himself007 likes this.
  13. Farfalla

Farfalla Permacranky~

Mangahelper

Tuvalu
    I'm aware. This all still don't show what the Beast Titan has to do with anything.
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 12, 2018 at 12:36 PM, Original Post Date: Aug 12, 2018 at 12:34 PM ---
    If that's indeed Eren, he's so machiavellian lol. Raging at Hange like that when he was the one to bring up the pregnacy thing himself... Invading Marley cause he wanted to provent Hizuru's plan to take place when he also had a way to postpone it.

14. Eigengrau

The Wall
    The only way to use the Founding Titan is by having a person with royal blood who's a shifter (but doesn't have the Founding Titan) like Zeke/Historia + someone who doesn't have royal blood but has the Founding Titan (Eren)... that's the only way to use it.

Farfalla likes this.
  15. Sapewloth

France
    I feel like I'm just repeating myself at this point but judging from all the chapters where we see Eren's concern for Historia and her fate as well as that of her future children, it's pretty clear that he's trying to avoid the bloody history from repeating itself. He wants to change things but if Historia ends up being sacrificed by the MP (aka shifterized) it will be all for naught. So he would clearly need to buy her and himself time and advising her to become pregnant makes perfect sense in that scenario. It's precisely because he wants to change the final outcome that it wouldn't be egregious to think he would be ready to have a child with Historia himself. And again, how is him impregnating her nonsensical or unlikely but somehow pimping her out to a random hick isn't? You haven't answered that yet.

I literally explained those things in my earlier posts, so you'll excuse me if I don't feel like repeating myself. However, if you don't see any kind of friendship or particular bond between Historia and Eren then I can't help you. shrug

Like I already said again and again, there would be no cycle to repeat if Eren put an end to it once and for all, which he clearly wants to do considering he didn't want Historia or her children to have to inherit the BT at all last time I checked.

Most of the other paragraphs boil down to you saying it makes no sense for Eren to be the father since things would end up being the same after nine months when I've clearly expressed that in my opinion Eren has been trying to end everything within those nine months, so it would be a waste of time to quote them just to give the same reply over and over again.

That being said:
    I don't even know what to answer to that. Are you trying to imply that the perspective of one of the most important characters in the story who just so happens to be at the center of this chapter's discussion doesn't matter? Now that doesn't make any sense to me. If you want your readers to believe your story 100% you give them first hand information, that's basic storytelling.

16. Farfalla

Farfalla Permacranky~

Mangahelper

Tuvalu
    Ah ok. When Eren touched Dina, I thought the royal blood alone was the trigger, not royal blood + titan. But now that you mentioned it, it does ring a bell that it also has to be a titan. Thx! My memory is terrible.

17. Arjuna

Arjuna Registered User

九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!

India
    Well that's true.But as I said before anything is possible at this point of time.

18. Eigengrau

The Wall
    It's exactly because of this bond/friendship that Historia wouldn't want Eren or any of her close friends to bear the burden of very likely having their descendants for 50+ years living like cattle and never actually living a full and free life of their own.

Just as Eren doesn't want to see Historia become a shifter - or any of his friends - she would also never allow/want such a disgusting thing to happen to her friends, especially when she's the Queen and she can chose whoever she wants to be the father, like farmer-kun who has no idea of the actually terrible things that MIGHT happen to his children, and the children of their children.

There's absolutely no reason at all to put any of her friends through that, especially Eren when he's unbalanced enough as he is and the last thing he needs on his mind - given his important role - is knowing that he's going to become a father AND that his children and their generations to come could very well live like cattle.

Wants, but can't, seeing as back then there was no other way and apparently there still isn't one, either.

[​IMG]

Having Historia get pregnant and gambling that something might change in 9 months? Sure, absolutely.
    Eren gambling the life of his own family/children, potentially dooming his descendants with near absolute certainty? Doing the same thing that the Reiss did, having children "for the greater good" and use them as tools in an ongoing conflict, like Dina/Grisha did with Zeke? Not a chance.

So are you saying that Eren wouldn't be attempting to end everything UNLESS Historia was carrying his kid?
    No, of course not, so what difference does it make whether Eren was the father or not, if Eren's end goal would ultimately always be the same?

Eren being the father would only hurt him and cause him even more stress and paranoia and fear of committing the exact mistakes that were made in the past by his predecessors.

Why would Historia wish any of that on any of her friends, when she could literally pick any man inside the Walls, like farmer-kun, who - fortunately enough for him, probably - doesn't know the real purpose behind the pregnancy, and can just enjoy things for what they are, not having to worry about a vicious canibalistic cycle??

We already know why Historia must inherit the Beast Titan.
    We already know why Historia must have children asap.
    We already know why Historia had to get pregnant in that specific frame of time.
    We already know she didn't really want to accept inheriting the Beast (we can see her eyes welling up with tears) but had to because there was no other way.
    We already know she wasn't thinking of getting pregnant anytime soon, especially at 19 years old.
    We already know why someone would want her to get pregnant and what those 9 months could buy.

What's there to shows us that we don't already know? Having a chapter solely dedicated to Historia's predicament by having her narrate things and whatever would be pointless and unusual since we already have all of that information.

We already have her perspective, and don't need a chapter centered around all of that.

Again, we might very well see how that particular exchange went down, but that's about it.

Also I don't think it matters that it's the Beast Titan. It just has to be a shifter that's not the Founding Titan, and the Beast is the only one they have available.

Would Historia eat Annie if it was possible? Hmmm maybe? But a lot of people probably wouldn't like keeping Zeke around, who could always be a threat until his demise.

19. Farfalla

Farfalla Permacranky~

Mangahelper

Tuvalu
    Yeah, and Zeke will need a sucessor soon anyway. Altho... I don't think Annie has a lot of time left either, but prolly more than Zeke, kinda the same as Eren, I imagine. Well, Eren can remove her from the crystal now. Waiting for them to show this and see what will be done with Annie. She'll prolly be fed as well, I don't think people would trust a change of heart from her.

20. Eigengrau

The Wall
    Not really, seeing as she was already a shifter when Eren became one the first time around. She's had her power for 9 years at the very least.

Her remaining years should be the same as Reiner's who only has 2 years left.

Farfalla likes this.