Hangout Shingeki no Kyojin Hangout Thread

Themistocles

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2013
Messages
73
Reaction score
28
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
man, a new series within the AoT world. How often has that happened in mangas? Like it won't be a sequel or a one-off, but a whole new series to take as canon as well? That's just........ man....

also, the game is for 3DS, that is pretty cool, though I'll hold off on that until I see what it is and how it plays.
 

Yumpo

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2013
Messages
364
Reaction score
186
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Of course they're milking it! Once a manga has an anime, especially a successful one, they will do anything just to get money out of it. Anyway, if this spin-off manga is related to the storyline, e.g. RBA's backstory, I may take a look at it....XD. If not, then no. It's another story though if it's Isayama-made or supervised by himself. XD

Anyway, Volume 11 has a special alternate cover! And we also have a cover for I think this month's issue of Bessatsu Magazine? Pics down the spoiler:



Source: shingekikyojin.net
 
  • Like
Reactions: Nii

Georgie

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 10, 2011
Messages
92
Reaction score
42
Gender
Female
Country
United States
eh, I don't know how I feel with this " Another Story" business. I hope it's just something that gives us background info or a story line that wouldn't fit in the current events in the manga, or maybe some funny gag spin off (but aren't they already doing a gag spin off?).
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,674
Reaction score
61,377
Gender
Male
Country
France
eh, I don't know how I feel with this " Another Story" business. I hope it's just something that gives us background info or a story line that wouldn't fit in the current events in the manga, or maybe some funny gag spin off (but aren't they already doing a gag spin off?).
The reason is clear: ¥¥¥¥¥¥¥.

But who will be the author? Isayama?
 

kannazuki

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 15, 2013
Messages
2,142
Reaction score
1,307
Gender
Hidden
Country
Canada
I don't mind if the author/artist is someone else as long as Isayama planned/outlined the thing, and is routinely consulted on how to proceed. If on top of that it's canon material (background or more light being shed on something), then I'll want to read it, myself.
 

Garybald

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Aug 7, 2013
Messages
13
Reaction score
2
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
If we go by the "hidden writing" (upside-down katakana in the inside covers of every volume)
What I was thinking about is.. if these hidden writings are inside every volume, has anyone realised that we know only about one? I don't think (or I have not discovered yet) anyone has translated writings from other volumes, but we could learn a lot if every volume was covered with info like the one that's become famous.
 

kannazuki

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 15, 2013
Messages
2,142
Reaction score
1,307
Gender
Hidden
Country
Canada
I think it's just the same image of that writing every time though, or someone would surely have noticed a difference by now. ^_^;

(I'd love for someone to find more if it exists though...)
 

windy van

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 2, 2013
Messages
99
Reaction score
17
Gender
Hidden
Country
Indonesia
^^^ I think so. Like what? I never thought they are different in every volume, as I never thought it was katakana until I read those in other threads back then. Haha..
I think it is just legend about titans, and what about the picture? IIRC, those words describe what the picture is. If the words are different, why the picture remains the same? It just a little makes no sense.
But if we could get more from them, why not? Another facts revealing is always welcomed.. :)
 

Garybald

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Aug 7, 2013
Messages
13
Reaction score
2
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
^^^ I think so. Like what? I never thought they are different in every volume, as I never thought it was katakana until I read those in other threads back then. Haha..
I think it is just legend about titans, and what about the picture? IIRC, those words describe what the picture is. If the words are different, why the picture remains the same? It just a little makes no sense.
But if we could get more from them, why not? Another facts revealing is always welcomed.. :)
What you say is correct, but I simply didn't know that nor the image nor the text was the same all over every volume's cover. Plus I think Isayama is fond of giving off information in unusual ways, he's been giving me this impression up until now.
 

kannazuki

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 15, 2013
Messages
2,142
Reaction score
1,307
Gender
Hidden
Country
Canada
There's at least one older thread with the full translation...
 

Beatrice

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 9, 2013
Messages
1,657
Reaction score
1,425
Age
35
Gender
Hidden
Country
Germany
man, a new series within the AoT world. How often has that happened in mangas? Like it won't be a sequel or a one-off, but a whole new series to take as canon as well? That's just........ man....
I kinda saw this coming, the Norse has a gigantic world after all.
If Isayama intends to go full on this we'd be needing about at least over 400 chapters considering the Manga pacing.


Also, apparently in Volume 11 was a very special artwork from Isayama.
 
Last edited:

Yumpo

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2013
Messages
364
Reaction score
186
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Volume 11 has some pretty funny Omake out there. We get to see what Krista, Connie, Armin, Jean and Mikasa's titan forms are:derp:



Others(School life style):


Isayama surely respects his female characters to give them such titan forms....:teehee
Edit: Plus we have a Kanji form of Eren's name! Eren: 江蓮
 
Last edited:

kannazuki

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 15, 2013
Messages
2,142
Reaction score
1,307
Gender
Hidden
Country
Canada
Oh yeah, I saw that before. The best part is tiny titan Connie.
 

Yumpo

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2013
Messages
364
Reaction score
186
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
@kannazuki
You'd wonder how Connie's parents did it. :teehee

I really feel sorry for Jean and Armin's titan form...XD
 

Garybald

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Aug 7, 2013
Messages
13
Reaction score
2
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Titan-Armin is just.. WONDERFUL :zomg:zomg
 

Utsune

風立ちぬ いざ生きめやも
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 12, 2012
Messages
2,922
Reaction score
2,560
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Volume 11 has some pretty funny Omake out there. We get to see what Krista, Connie, Armin, Jean and Mikasa's titan forms are:derp:



Others(School life style):


Isayama surely respects his female characters to give them such titan forms....:teehee
Edit: Plus we have a Kanji form of Eren's name! Eren: 江蓮
Thanks for the links as always. Can't wait to get this vol... >_< Mikasa in school uniform

Haha yes Eren's kanji name! I suspected it would be that. Common kanji usage aside, the thing is, the first OP Guren no Yumiya is written 紅蓮の弓矢 and you can see the resemblance of the characters! XD I actually half-mistaken it as Eren no Yumiya at first myself (Eren's bow&arrow instead of Crimson bow&arrow), and that's coming from a kanji native.........

---------- Post added at 09:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:01 PM ----------

Btw Eren says in the last picture, "What... A dream?"

And the 'preview' text next to him says:
"The teen wakes up from his dream
Living the reality."


XDDDDD Dream Ending!! SnK done!!! Happily ever after, in all honesty I actually wouldn't mind that at all.
 

Yumpo

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2013
Messages
364
Reaction score
186
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Does anyone have the back cover of Volume 11? I wanna see if Bertolt and Reiner are gone too like Annie and Marco. At least that would give me a little hope that Annie is still relevant to the plot....even if it's not done by the author himself.....Please? T^T
 

kannazuki

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 15, 2013
Messages
2,142
Reaction score
1,307
Gender
Hidden
Country
Canada
@Yumpo: I just saw it earlier today! There were like 4 people left. I'll see if I can find it again & edit this post if so...

---------- Post added at 09:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:20 PM ----------

Hey, I found it! Posted today:
(6 left.)
You got your wish! Reiner, Bert, Annie, and Marco are the ones missing!
 
Last edited:
Top