Hangout Shingeki no Kyojin Hangout Thread

Yumpo

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2013
Messages
364
Reaction score
186
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
@Yumpo: I just saw it earlier today! There were like 4 people left. I'll see if I can find it again & edit this post if so...

---------- Post added at 09:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:20 PM ----------

Hey, I found it! Posted today:
(6 left.)
You got your wish! Reiner, Bert, Annie, and Marco are the ones missing!
OMG THANK YOU SOOO MUCH!!!!! FINALLY!!! I THOUGHT ANNIE WAS A GONER! T^T
 

teioh

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 21, 2009
Messages
262
Reaction score
68
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Btw Eren says in the last picture, "What... A dream?"

And the 'preview' text next to him says:
"The teen wakes up from his dream
Living the reality."


XDDDDD Dream Ending!! SnK done!!! Happily ever after, in all honesty I actually wouldn't mind that at all.
Already used in one of Evangelion ending ;D
kannazuki said:
You got your wish! Reiner, Bert, Annie, and Marco are the ones missing!
Never heard about this! What's up? People dead/reveal to be titan were erased from the cover?
 

Utsune

風立ちぬ いざ生きめやも
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 12, 2012
Messages
2,922
Reaction score
2,560
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Already used in one of Evangelion ending ;D
I've always been taught by teachers as a kid, never EVER write "...and then I woke up" in story-writing homework. Isayama how could you!? tut tut :gwah
 

Yumpo

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2013
Messages
364
Reaction score
186
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Never heard about this! What's up? People dead/reveal to be titan were erased from the cover?
Before Volume 11, Marco and Annie were missing. Marco started at Volume 5, while Annie started at Volume 9. People then assumed(including meT^T) that those who were gone in the back before Vol. 11 are irrelevant to the future plot(you know, base on Marco being dead). Now that we have Vol.11 to clear things up, it just means that those gone in the back are those who can't/don't fight for humanity's victory anymore(within the walls specifically 'cause there maybe people outside the walls).

---------- Post added August 10, 2013 at 01:58 AM ---------- Previous post was August 09, 2013 at 11:37 PM ----------

You know guys....I just found an old post from Isayama's blog. It's in the very bottom of the post. Someone was asking about Nanaba's gender I think. And If I read it correctly, Isayama just replied he doesn't really care much about distinctions by gender, blood types and such.

Such a lovely author we have here....T^T(*I'm crying tears of joy*). No wonder we have such complex characters.
 
Last edited:

MiyamotoMusashi

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 5, 2012
Messages
3,706
Reaction score
2,315
Gender
Hidden
Country
Marine Headquarters
Interesting cover of the first opening

 
Last edited by a moderator:

royalq

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 5, 2013
Messages
54
Reaction score
5
Gender
Female
Country
United States
about marco, i think his death was a bit fishy. I tried finding the page but i cant. it's the page when armin and the group are explaining to eren why they thought that Annie was the female type titan. Armin was saying how she had marco's 3d gear, eren says "what does marco have to do with anything?". armins then says something odd like "well, maybe i was just seeing things but....". What did he see? Why would he think he was just seeing things? I think something other than marco simply getting killed by a titan happened.
 

Yumpo

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2013
Messages
364
Reaction score
186
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
about marco, i think his death was a bit fishy. I tried finding the page but i cant. it's the page when armin and the group are explaining to eren why they thought that Annie was the female type titan. Armin was saying how she had marco's 3d gear, eren says "what does marco have to do with anything?". armins then says something odd like "well, maybe i was just seeing things but....". What did he see? Why would he think he was just seeing things? I think something other than marco simply getting killed by a titan happened.
You're reading too much into it. When he said those lines, he just really meant Marco's gear. Armin also does not want to believe that it was Annie who has Marco's gear. That's why he asked Annie for confirmation about the gear a chapter before, right?
 

Utsune

風立ちぬ いざ生きめやも
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 12, 2012
Messages
2,922
Reaction score
2,560
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Annie is the cruelst and heartless "warrior" outhere. R&B till now had kill people most "indirectly" while she murdered a lot of comrades and innocents with her hands and enjoying it. No execuses for her. A lot of users in this forum like her and then justify whatever she did saying B&R were the true villains. Well I like Annie too but I'm sure she is AT LEAST on the same level of the others two if not lower.
(Thought I'd just quote you from the other thread since this might go off topic, lol.)

I must say, all three of them are pretty much on the same level, and nobody is lower really. They're in it for the same cause, and make the according sacrifices and bloodshed. They work as a team, and the responsibility befalls on them equally. I'm pretty sure that's why Reiner says to Bertholdt, "Not anyone could understand us like her" or something like that.

To be fair, when Annie is out trying to capture Eren the first time, she fights a fair fight with the Scouting Legion. Not "fair" in the difference in power, but "fair" as in the Scouts are fighting as they should, and I wouldn't call them "innocents" (in the way like Civilians are.) I don't know if she's enjoying it or not, but in a fight, if you're winning, you'll probably enjoy it. What's more, this fight isn't simply fighting and killing, they are at war here, and kills are 'justified' ('JUSTIFIED' IN INVERTED COMMAS!) through 'the nature of war.'

If anything, Annie has been shown to be a much more superior Warrior than R&B. (Remember how Reiner says to Annie, "You're not fit to be a Soldier" in the Anime? In the Manga it's "Warrior," but I suspect Isayama made the correction in the Anime. Reiner could be starting to get slightly confused at that point, but Annie's still pretty clear-minded because of her lack of interaction with other people.)

(On the contrary, we see Annie specifically reacting to accidentally squashing a few people at the Wall Cult temple. She is also seen apologising to somebody at the beginning. We've only got very little bit of background on Annie at the moment, so we shall wait and see...! But I really want to believe she isn't a bad-natured person, just that the methods they use for their unknown cause is very very very controversial.)
 

kannazuki

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 15, 2013
Messages
2,142
Reaction score
1,307
Gender
Hidden
Country
Canada
Yes, thank you. In the end it doesn't really make sense to single out any one of the three as "worse" than the others. They all have different characters and all tried to handle the guilt (I think it can be argued all three felt terrible about what they'd done) in different ways.
 

Yumpo

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2013
Messages
364
Reaction score
186
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Last edited:

I Am Jager

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Aug 1, 2013
Messages
19
Reaction score
7
Gender
Male
Country
Cuba
The reason that AoT is good is because the females aren't highly sexualized dolls with no brains. They have very good female characters that don't need giant boobies to make it a good show.
 

kannazuki

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 15, 2013
Messages
2,142
Reaction score
1,307
Gender
Hidden
Country
Canada
WTF. Since when does Sasha dress like that? -_-;

*sigh* Female warriors are the true tanks in any video game, being able to miraculously go with so little armor like that...

(PS lol I thought Historia was Armin for a second there. I blame all the goofy fan art out there of him dressed like a magical girl...)

*edit*

I totally agree with I Am Jager. The females of this series have as much depth as any of the male characters and are just as interesting. Sucks to see that happen to them.
 
Last edited:

teioh

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 21, 2009
Messages
262
Reaction score
68
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
You know, if ya want conquer otakus' heart you need to sacrifice some background integrity and permit shit like these.

It's the way commercials works and till Isayama will be not influenced by this it's ok.
More shit = more popularity = more SnK quality manga chapters
 

Core D. Roy

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 10, 2006
Messages
7,363
Reaction score
9,272
Age
37
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
http://www.siliconera.com/2013/08/1...an-soldier-are-you-armor-maneuver-or-shooter/

WHAT ARE THEY DOING WITH SASHA!?!?

Practically only Hange, our love, is wearing respectable clothing amongst the girls T^T. Here's crossing my fingers that they won't touch Ymir and Annie. (Wait, Annie already had one fanservice pic drawn, but not to Sasha's degree....T^T)

This video game, I swear....>: (
WTF is this shite? Looks like they jammed SnK through the Squeenix hate machine l: l
 

kannazuki

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 15, 2013
Messages
2,142
Reaction score
1,307
Gender
Hidden
Country
Canada
A good chunk of the otakus out there are female. It's past the point where their yen are depended on as well.
 

Georgie

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 10, 2011
Messages
92
Reaction score
42
Gender
Female
Country
United States
ughhhhh, more fanservice. Rolling my eyes so hard I will probably go blind :-_-
I don't get what's the point of putting them in those outfits. The fanboys are already buying the manga and dvds, they watch the anime and read the manga. They buy stuff. They enjoy the series as it is. Why this? ugh.
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,672
Reaction score
61,372
Gender
Male
Country
France
A good chunk of the otakus out there are female. It's past the point where their yen are depended on as well.
Otaku females have Levi:derp. Personally I don't care about it, it's not as if it would change the content of the manga.
 

kannazuki

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 15, 2013
Messages
2,142
Reaction score
1,307
Gender
Hidden
Country
Canada
Levi can keep his clothes on too. Actually the version of him at that link has him looking like a character out of Valvrave or something.
 

SarcasticIndeed

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 11, 2013
Messages
69
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Montenegro
Can anyone tell me how can I apply for that game? I don't understand Japanese.... Also, will the game be free once it gets out of beta? (Sorry if this is not the place to ask this)
 

Utsune

風立ちぬ いざ生きめやも
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 12, 2012
Messages
2,922
Reaction score
2,560
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Can anyone tell me how can I apply for that game? I don't understand Japanese.... Also, will the game be free once it gets out of beta? (Sorry if this is not the place to ask this)
You probably know this link already but I'll paste it here again for reference:
http://sk.my-gg.com/cbt/

At the bottom of the page, you should see 1 box, and then 3 boxes.

In the first box, type in your email address, then press the big red button (送信). This is a pre-registration email confirmation. A new window should pop up, you can close that window.

Check your email for the confirmation email, click on the first link.

This should take you to a page with dark grey background. This is the Free Member Registration page.

The fields in order are:
GG ID (Username)
Password (8-40 characters, include letters + symbols/numbers)
Password (confirm)
Date of Birth (YYYY/MM/DD)
Gender (Male/ Female)
Occupation*
Where you live**
GG Mail subscription (Receive/ Don't receive)
Terms of Service (Agree)

Two links at the bottom:
Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy

Big Bright Orange Button:
Confirm details


*Office worker
IT
Self-employed
Manufacturing industry
Service industry
House-husband
House-wife
Student
Other

**I'm not gonna translate every single places lol, they're all Japanese Prefectures.
For your reference 東京 = Tokyo, 大阪 = Osaka, 京都 = Kyoto



After pressing the Big Bright Orange button, press the Big Bright Orange button again to register, or press the Dark Grey button to edit details.



And then you're done. You'll be entered into some kind of lottery. If you get selected, you'll be informed of the results on 2013-08-20 (Tuesday.)
 
Top