Mag Talk - Shonen Jump USA | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Mag Talk Shonen Jump USA

thisischris

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm new and don't really know if this is the right place to put it, so sorry about that. Anyways, I wanted to know if anyone know where you can get the American monthly version of Shonen Jump published by VIZ. If you can even post a link to some scans, that would be great. Thanks.

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
well, i don't think anyone seems to encourage piracy of something easily accesible in the US which is in fact in english, but someone may have something of use to you.

try local newsagents good fellow XD

ssjohn

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
A subscription is cheap like 25 bucks just buy that www.viz.com

With that said i believe all the series in US Jump are scaned here is a list / links >.>

Naruto ---
http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10459

Yu Yu Hakusho

www.mangarun.com <-- read online not kept up to date
www.stoptazmo.com

Shaman king --

www.stoptazmo.com

Hikaru no go

http://www.the-evil-empire.net/

One piece

www.stoptazmo.com
www.onemanga.com
www.mangarun.com

Yu-gi-oh
http://groups.msn.com/yugiohmanga

Yu-gi-oh Gx --
www.janime.info

There you go ;) *feels dirty some how >_>* buy the manga tho i mean the mangaka's work hard on it so you should support them.

andysislands

Manga Editor
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Way back when Shonen Jump first came out, Viz would send out C&D requests if you had complete scans of chapters from Viz's SJ. So, anybody who did that then, stopped, anf nobody had a real reason to continue after that. But Viz doesn't care if somebody scans one or two pages from it, though.

And if you are outside of the US, and you want to read those chapters, it's just best to buy the volumes you want and not the entire issue every month. The extra content they toss in isn't that great. Maybe a DVD or a trading card once in a while. But, you could always get those from eBay or what not. So, buying the volumes is normally the better price to go (since shipping could really hurt it).

ssjohn

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Yea the extras on it kindof suck if you dont play TCG that is most of the time what it is Yugioh promo's or Naruto/bleach.. and once in awhile a dvd of the first episode of a series ((So far -- Naruto , Bleach , Hikaru no go,Prince of tennis))

Also ther eisnt a reason to scan in US Jump all the series are scaned and the info in there is posted on random places on the internet ((www.animenewsnetwork.com if its news)) .

thisischris

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
OK, thanks a lot for your help. All I really wanted was One Piece, but I started reading it in Shonen Jump and the scans that I find of it aren't consistant with the magazine. But I'll just make do with the translations online.