- Joined
- Feb 7, 2016
- Messages
- 8
- Reaction score
- 0
- Age
- 27
- Country
-
As with shounen and shoujo media, there are certain types that come along with what the main characters are like. Mostly, they are the same gender as the audience they are geared to, such as a shoujo protagonist almost all the time being a girl, and a shounen protagonist almost all the time being a guy.
Now I know this isn't true, as I've read and watched many shoujo manga and anime that have male protagonists, and for some reason these seemed to be in the music genre. I recently finished Nodame Cantabile, which had a main male protagonist and was yet geared toward the female audience.
This set me wondering, what's the standard for shonen manga? What are the ideal characteristics of a female protagonist in a shonen manga? And how is it and why is it different from the ideal protagonist of a shoujo manga?
Can we get a discussion going?
Now I know this isn't true, as I've read and watched many shoujo manga and anime that have male protagonists, and for some reason these seemed to be in the music genre. I recently finished Nodame Cantabile, which had a main male protagonist and was yet geared toward the female audience.
This set me wondering, what's the standard for shonen manga? What are the ideal characteristics of a female protagonist in a shonen manga? And how is it and why is it different from the ideal protagonist of a shoujo manga?
Can we get a discussion going?