Shounen - Shoukoku no Altair by Katou Kotono | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen Shoukoku no Altair by Katou Kotono

Nami

Queen of The Damned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United Nations
Title : Shoukoku no Altair (The Stratocracy of Altair) しょうこくのアルタイル

This is a new series of historical shonen genre that debuted in Shonen Sirus recently, by KATOU Kotono .

Story :

Mahmut is a young Pasha in Turkiye's council of generals and is determined to keep the peace at any cost. Turkiye's council is split between the warmongers and the pacifists. Among the pacifists is Khalil, an elderly Pasha with a selfless devotion to his country. Among the warmongers is Poison, a jaded young man with a dark heart. Khalil becomes Mahmut's ally in protecting the peace, but Poison thinks that war will be of greater benefit to Turkiye. Who will prevail? What will Mahmut do, if war proves to be inevitable?
[sizept=8] (taken from Manga-updates) [/sizept]

Where to find them

a) For translations, you can read it at the Latest Translations Section .
b) For Edited Mangas, check it out at Latest Edited Mangas section or the Manga Editors forum.
- Chap 1 by boredom
- Chap 2 by boredom
- Chapter 3 - 12 by SZJ Scans

Now, for those who have read this series, go ahead and talk about it here.
Any spoilers, please remember to use the spoiler tag. :amuse

Last edited by a moderator:

Reiu

Translator
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Re: Shoukoku no Altair

Gah... it's Turkiye, not Turkey. Calling the country Turkey makes it just a little too hard to separate from Earth :)

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Belgium

Gah... it's Turkiye, not Turkey. Calling the country Turkey makes it just a little too hard to separate from Earth :)
:s now I can't follow anymore, so the setting is no earth? It's turkiye a fictional country in a fictional world? But the author uses true historical elements (like some titles, etc)

alitheneojedili

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States

What is the release schedule for this manga? Is it weekly, monthly or what?

Koen

Celestial Belgian
Reaction score
Country
Belgium
Anyone reading this manga? 12 chapters are scanlated and the group doing it, maintains a monthly release. I like the setting, the characters, the political story etc behind this story.

I hope more people will read this because this manga has definitely interesting discussion material. So read it please and tell me what you think about the magistros' decision to go in a war against Baltein Empire

Lirael

Reaction score
Country
Brazil

:s now I can't follow anymore, so the setting is no earth? It's turkiye a fictional country in a fictional world? But the author uses true historical elements (like some titles, etc)
I think the setting is Earth, and I believe turkiye was the ottoman empire ages ago (but i'm not 100% sure).

I hope more people will read this because this manga has definitely interesting discussion material. So read it please and tell me what you think about the magistros' decision to go in a war against Baltein Empire
From their viewpoint it was the best decision, since otherwise they'd have to submit to the Empire and they believe they can beat it with their superior navy. Of course, I doubt it'll be that easy.

Rensar

Reaction score
Country
Turkey
Türkiye means Turkey in turkish. But manga is about a fictional ottoman empire with spirits and etc...

Lirael

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Türkiye means Turkey in turkish. But manga is about a fictional ottoman empire with spirits and etc...
What spirits?

Koen

Celestial Belgian
Reaction score
Country
Belgium

I think the setting is Earth, and I believe turkiye was the ottoman empire ages ago (but i'm not 100% sure).

From their viewpoint it was the best decision, since otherwise they'd have to submit to the Empire and they believe they can beat it with their superior navy. Of course, I doubt it'll be that easy.
I think so too. They are an empire themselves and to protect their people, their identity, etc they decide to against the Baltein Empire. The only thing that worries me, is the fact that they are overestimating themselves because of mamhut's presence (is that his name? or title)

Lirael

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I think so too. They are an empire themselves and to protect their people, their identity, etc they decide to against the Baltein Empire. The only thing that worries me, is the fact that they are overestimating themselves because of mamhut's presence (is that his name? or title)
Yes, that fact that they're doing this because they believed in mahmut's victory is worrying. Overconfident people rarely win. Probably the Baltein Empire will have use a trick to gain the upper hand and, hopefully, when all seems lost Mahmut will think of something to turn things round again.

Mahmut is his name, pasha was his title.

Koen

Celestial Belgian
Reaction score
Country
Belgium
Chapter 13 came out. The Baltein empire is going to make a new move. Mahmut and the spy wil have to work fast to anticipate the upcoming attack or Phoenicia will be lost. This manga has an intriguing story.

Perryhan

Reaction score
Country
Turkey
Ah, for the people who asked about this, I want to help (even if it is pretty late ^^')
Türkiye is the name of Turkey in Turkish. I actually wrote some information based on things i saw before i read this manga here:
http://forums.mangafox.com/showthread.php?t=219858

Btw, I must say that some information about us made me laugh a lot... Some exaggerations and fictional add ons about our eids and stuff... And I must say mostly scenes are more like Arabic not Ottoman ^^' And there are lots of fictional ideas in the story but that is quiet natural =) Many characters are real but the story is fiction =)
And I MUST say it was NOT a stratocracy, military force was not being used in Ottoman, it is called caliphate. =)

Koen

Celestial Belgian
Reaction score
Country
Belgium
Phoenicia has fallen. I liked the strategy in which the boat which managed to get into the bay was used as a distraction to attack Phoenicia from another unexpected side. Mamhut and Kyros got away and now they came across the venedik fleet. I wonder what Baltein empire's next move will be

Teeba

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Re: [FEATURED] Shoukoku no Altair by Katou Kotono

I just started reading this today. To be honest, it exceeded my expectations. I wish there was some way I could help with having more chapters be available for reading.

I especially love the development of both kingdoms Baltein and Turkiye. It very quickly shakes up who you consider "good" and "bad". The character designs are fluid and easily distinguishable. For example, I could instantly tell that Suleyman was not from Turkiye, but from the Baltein Empire (with his European features).

Stuff like that fascinates me, and I can't wait to see what happens next!

Last edited:

Galactic Tomahawk

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Re: [FEATURED] Shoukoku no Altair by Katou Kotono

Read through the first chapter, was pretty cool and I'm really digging the art so far.

Definitely something I'm gonna look in to in the future.

Koen

Celestial Belgian
Reaction score
Country
Belgium
Damn, what a long wait but two great chapters have been released in one month. The Doge of Venedik is a true politician. He didn't care about Phoenicia and he stated very clear reasons that each man somewhat can understand. The 17th chapter was a twist, it is kinda ambiguous to be faced by a leader like the doge of venedik. But it shows what ware and commerce can do to politics. Phoenicia became victim of Venedik's political ideology

The 18th chapter is another great read. It showed us the reasons why there is no Kulak in Venedik. Suleyman Bey has been in Venedik and he met Abliga. The historical setting of Venedik is very interesting because as a state doesn't have a Kulak since the Venedicians have their own network for Venedik. The biggest surprise however is that Abligia himself violated a rule with the consequence that he is exiled from Venedik. I wonder if Abligia is a Kulak? Maybe he never accepted being a Kulak but it might be he respected Suleyman. Well he will become a new ally of Mahmut

0nlin3

Reaction score
Country
Turkey
Ottoman empire (The Turkey Stratocracy in manga) was the Turkiye ages ago. I can help for translations. Im from Turkey.

Last edited:

kidopitz27

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
any news on the scans? i really love this one :D